Upgrading Hard Drive

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By jamin

So I am planning on upgrading my PS4 hard drive what do you think is more important. I found a 2TB hardrive that with fit into my ps4 or a 1TB hybrid SSHD hard drive? Basically speed vs storage?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

Hope this answers your question!

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By jamin

Thank you but I have seen that and that is why I was thinking of a hybrid drive for faster load times. Samsung came out with a 2TB HD though and I dk if I should get the hybrid over loosing an extra TB. The prices are about the same its $140 for the 2TB HDD and $115 for the 1TB SSHD Hybrid.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I myself would go with storage over speed for consoles. The current HDD isn't really that slow. And if you're playing games online, your SSD isn't going to help you very much when you're waiting for everyone else to catch up loading anyway.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You missed out. I just bought a Hybrid drive for $70. Anyway this question comes up a lot on PC also. The difference is whether you should go SSD over a traditional HDD with the SSD usually winning the argument. In this case I would go Hybrid over traditional. Reason is simple, with 1TB of DATA, (more like 846GB after it's installed), you still have a lot of headroom to manage your game data. You're not filling it up in 1 year and by the time space becomes an issue you can easily delete the games you're never going to play again. Remember all the disc games fully install on the HDD. The speed though will be something you will like all the time. Boot times being faster, games loading faster, and applications performing a little snappier is something that you'll like all the time.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I went with a 1TB Hybrid. You only need enough space for download-only games and a handful of games on disc at a time since it's pretty easy to manage your storage, so 2TB may be overkill. I've only compared two games so far, before and after I upgraded, and copying info to the hard drive from the disc was faster with the hybrid.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I had the same situation you were in OP. I went with the Hybrid drive because I plan to play the same game a lot so the Hybrid drive is great for that. If you plan to be a digital hoarder than go with the 2TB drive. I noticed loading times are much faster on the Hybrid drive though.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

With 1TB you could store around 20 full 50GB games (which im assuming most games wont even be a full 50 but lets go with the extreme scenario) which is a good amount of games to have on hand at a given time, plus the extra speed, so i say the hybrid drive should be sufficient.