Not that long ago, Sony has announced they are getting into the mini classic console business by announcing the PS Classic. It will come with 20 pre loaded games and will have the launch controllers where you have the D Pad only and no analog sticks. the 5 games that have been announced so far are Final Fantasy 7, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer R4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms. With 15 slots still unannounced, what are some PS1 games you'd want the most onto the library? I'm someone who never had a PS1 so I'm interested in buying this to discover some of the system's best and most iconic games for the first time since I was an N64 kid. Some of these games listed are games that I either did play at a friends' house, games where I played future installments and want to experience the beginning or just simply want to play. Here we go here's my list:
- I absolutely loved FF Tactics Advanced when I played it on the GBA. That alongside Fire Emblem and Advance Wars were amazing Turn Based Strategy games that helped me develop a love for the genre now. That said, classic FF Tactics players actually really hate Tactics Advanced mainly because they felt the story and characters were inferior and the referee seemed like a deal breaker. This is my most wanted game for the PS Classic to experience what many claim as one of the great Turn Based Strategy Games out there. Of course if FF Tactics doesn't make the cut, there's always the iPhone Option to purchase.
- I have a fondness playing the first two Tony Hawks at my cousin's house back in the late 99's-early 2000's. It really was a fun sports game that changed the way skating games became as skateboarding games like XTreme were racers. Hopefully Sony can seal up some licensing issues and get 2 on here (apparently Tekken 3 never got re-released on PS3/PSP due to licensing with Gon). Also Spider-Man is in it,you know the star of Sony's hottest new exclusive.
- Jeff made some great points on why this would be a lot worse since PS Classic won't have Rumble support and its a worse game without the rumble. However I think MGS still deserves to be on here. Its one of the all time greatest classics for the system and can't be skipped.
- There are some people out there who claim this is the greatest kart racer ever. I'd like to see this on the PS Classic so I can finally try it out and see if its better than the 1 true best Kart Racer, Mario Kart DS.
- I love golf games, yet I never played a HGS/Everybody's golf. I feel 2 has a better chance because that's the first HGS made by the current dev, Clap Hanz. The Mario Tennis devs at Camelot actually made the first game and 2 has more variety in golf courses (I think) and secret characters (Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal, Sir Dan from MedEvil, and freaking Gex are unlockable)
- Scientifically the greatest fighting game of all time of course. Don't know if this actually makes it in because its a niche Capcom fighter, but it would be sick!
- At least have an MP3 player or maybe somehow use Spotify to upload music into the game?