Amazon Pre-Order

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hello, I was lucky enough to secure a PS5 pre-order on Amazon the first day they went live. I've heard some horror stories about the SNES Classic and the Switch launch of Amazon cancelling pre-orders last minute because they didnt actually have enough stock to fulfill all of the orders. Any chance of this on Nov. 12? Anyone else worried?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@supermonkey122: I heard rumours today on ResetEra that some people who previously had Amazon orders that were too late to be for release date are having their orders bumped up to release day now. If this is actually true (I don't have any evidence myself, my preorder has always been for the 19th which is release day here in the UK) then it seems like Amazon have got a better handle on the launch numbers they've been allocated now so optimistically your preorder should be fine.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shindig

I've just got the shock of my life with games now going up to £70. Fuck buying a game with this at launch, then.

EDIT: Odd. Seems like every other game is around £50 on Amazon but a bog-standard version of Demon's Souls is £70. If that pricing sticks, there'll be hell on.

m0nty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Aussie pre-orders blew out within minutes and now no retailer is even accepting orders. I ordered 30 minutes after retailers opened the books and was given an ETA of "2021". Pretty disappointed because I've been able to get every console at launch in the past. I just don't understand how both Sony and Microsoft got it so wrong on the production side this time around.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@shindig said:

I've just got the shock of my life with games now going up to £70. Fuck buying a game with this at launch, then.

EDIT: Odd. Seems like every other game is around £50 on Amazon but a bog-standard version of Demon's Souls is £70. If that pricing sticks, there'll be hell on.

They're up from $60 to 70 USD, so maybe some weird conversion/non-conversion thing going on there.

Diamond_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diamond_Lime

Where I pre ordered from, they took the full payment at the end of September, so if something happens I'll be annoyed at the very least.

At the end of the day nothing is worth worrying about, especially not a plastic box that plays the games and stuff, although I am still working on following this advice myself.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@m0nty: Probably because of Covid. Nintendo can't even keep up at times with the Switch. People are playing games at an all time this year. And Sony said they sold the same amount of preorders in the first 12 hours as they did in the first 12 weeks of the PS4 Preorders.

ObamasAmerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this launch will be different. PS5 have been sitting around in warehouses for months now waiting for launch day where a lot of new tech is frantically being manufactured right up to launch day.

I remember for PS4 launch, my local best buy had locked in like 500 pre-orders thinking they would get more than that and they ended up getting six. Walmart was the same way. After that debacle they said they would no longer be taking pre-orders or orders for existing products unless they had the stock for it and knew they did. I wouldn't fall over dead with shock if they ended up not having enough supply this go-around, but I am pretty confident they are aware of what they have this time.

Diamond_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Diamond_Lime

I've given it some more thought, and the fact that Sony has been handing them out to just about everyone with with a camera and a small audience, suggests to me that they have additional units to play around with, and if something does come up, it's Garth Balthazar's fault, aka Jerf Berkalar.

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@m0nty: Thats interesting. I got onto the EB Games website about 6 hours after they went up and was able to get one with no problems at all. Went in and traded the last of my PS4 games to pay it off this week and had it confirmed that I'll be getting it on the 14th

Avatar image for general_boredom
General_Boredom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve heard some people say that their orders updated with a delivery date, yet mine still says Order Received/We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@general_boredom: Mine still just says "not yet shipped." Still havent gotten any word of a delivery date. Really hoping it gets here day 1 cause I'm really hype for MM and Demon's Souls.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: Yeah folks at Eurogamer seemed pissed about the lack of conversion in upcharge. The delta beyween 60 and 70 USD is wayyyy smaller than between 50 and 70 pounds.

Yet another reasom to wait a month or two before buying new games.

taylorwmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@m0nty: The pandemic caused a lot of problems

Dirty_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My preorder says the 12th now

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You in the UK or the US ?

octavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the US and my preorder now says Nov. 12th by 8 PM.

Dirty_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the US as well

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my pre-order from Gamestop just hit my credit card early this afternoon. guess that means they must be ready to ship out soon-ish.

LilNatureBoyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the latest on people who had delayed games on their preorder getting the system cancelled too?