Sony failed to stick the landing(also it was kind of a mess)

• 97 results
prolurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@navster15: I can't wait for that, just finished up their reaction to the Series S. I'm more concerned about FPS than resolution, so if the Series S runs at the same frames as the X then I'll go for that most likely.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

PS5 looks like Mass Effect. So, I will buy it.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prolurker: I imagine that frame rates will be comparable given the similarities in CPUs for all three consoles, but honestly the day one stuff isn’t going to stress these machines out given that almost all the games will be targeted to current gen spec. What will be more instructive is in year 3 or 4 where a beast comes out like Control that stretches the hardware to its limits. Will the S keep up at that point? I’d like to think so, but there’s a chance the lower spec GPU becomes the bottleneck and you get hit on frame performance regardless of the lower resolution target. Which is why I’m defaulting to the reasoning that if you care enough to be asking these questions, and budget is not a big issue, go with the higher spec consoles to give you that performance headroom.

prolurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@navster15: Those are good points, I'll consider going for a 1080p 144hz monitor if it turns out the ps5/series x pushes for higher frame rates alongside 4k. But it won't be for a while until we see these games in practice. Cheers