#1 Posted by alexpiercey (737 posts) -

I feel like I would have seen something about it before now. Is Home still even running?

#2 Edited by JJBSterling (576 posts) -

The Home servers are being shut down. That's the point of the stream.

Its been in the pipeline for a long time so I'd say it's a safe bet it's still going to happen.

#3 Posted by Rorie (5450 posts) -

It is indeed.

#4 Posted by dudeglove (13640 posts) -

Brad basically set the alert about a year ago. More advance planning has gone into this stream than any E3.

#5 Posted by Slag (8138 posts) -

Kentia I mean The End is nigh

#6 Posted by eccentrix (2345 posts) -

I took the day off work and bought a bluetooth keyboard for this, so it'd better be happening.

#7 Posted by burgavo (1144 posts) -

Not like this...

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
#8 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2531 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

Brad basically set the alert about a year ago. More advance planning has gone into this stream than any E3.

I'm glad I'm part of a website that does this.

#9 Posted by flameboy84 (883 posts) -

I just hope they are prepared and downloaded all the latest content and it doesn't end up them being sat waiting for loads as they jump to new areas....cos damn those download speeds were also sllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooow

#10 Posted by A_E_Martin (615 posts) -

I just hope they are prepared and downloaded all the latest content and it doesn't end up them being sat waiting for loads as they jump to new areas....cos damn those download speeds were also sllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooow

I think I read somewhere that Sony disabled content downloads in December. I could be wrong though.

#11 Edited by Nightriff (7193 posts) -

Will Pascual be there in a pink gi? These are the important questions people!

#12 Posted by Niceanims (1753 posts) -
#13 Posted by Vahleticar (294 posts) -

@rorie: Oh my god prepare your popsicles guys this is gonna be special

#14 Posted by flameboy84 (883 posts) -

@flameboy84 said:

I think I read somewhere that Sony disabled content downloads in December. I could be wrong though.

Oh so areas may not be accessible. I am damn disappointed to be stuck at work and not be able to watch this live. I guess there is chance it will run really late?

#15 Posted by Niceanims (1753 posts) -

#16 Posted by Lukeweizer (3303 posts) -

I feel like I would have seen something about it before now. Is Home still even running?

It's running until tomorrow. That's the whole point of the stream. They announced it was closing down several months ago.

#17 Posted by PottsyNZ (103 posts) -

I can't work out if I'm early or late for it

#18 Posted by scawt (10 posts) -
#19 Posted by AMyggen (7738 posts) -

@pottsynz said:

I can't work out if I'm early or late for it

It's over, archive is probably going up soon.

#20 Posted by L1GHTN1N (1991 posts) -

@scawt: @pottsynz: It's done, went from about 12-2 PDT. Playstation Home was/is still really fucking weird as sit turns out.

#21 Posted by Ruukie (73 posts) -
#22 Edited by Nightriff (7193 posts) -

How was it? As good as Star Wars Galaxies and Matrix Online?

#23 Posted by GhostHouse (183 posts) -

Instant classic IMO

#24 Posted by dudeglove (13640 posts) -

They didn't end at the very end. I think Jeff said he might sign back on from home a little later for the death knells.

During the stream they toured round most of the areas, tried to throw couches off the balcony, played galaga and Clearasil Kart Racing, bet on Dolphy Racing, and an arcade cabinet with legs followed them around the Godfather 2 mansion.

#25 Posted by Nightriff (7193 posts) -

@dudeglove: if Jeff does this I hope they archive what he does to complete the feature

#26 Posted by fisk0 (6817 posts) -

Sadly they didn't seem to do any kind of world ending event like SWG and others have done. It was basically just PlayStation Home where the stores didn't work.

I did end up hanging out with some duders at the European Wipeout Museum for an hour though.

#27 Posted by Nightriff (7193 posts) -

@fisk0: Thats unfortunate to hear. I love the idea of sticking through to the end like SWG but oh well. I'll watch it nonetheless.

#28 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (5574 posts) -

Just imagine the Second Life stream but with less fighter jets twerking.

#29 Posted by ripelivejam (13039 posts) -

They should just open the floodgates and allow the raunchiest rawest dirtskank nudity and adult content/furry shit for the last hour. Dicks everywhere. Cyberaids 4 dayz.

#30 Posted by 49th (3877 posts) -

Oh man I completely missed this. It's been on the schedule for months and I missed the whole thing.

#31 Posted by PottsyNZ (103 posts) -

The giant dance lines and the OH GOD IS IT HAPPENING NOW bits from the Matrix one won the internet, so I'm so looking forward to watching this )