April Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

Ah, it feels like March was barely a week ago, which admittedly it was due to my very late post. Anyway, it's April and I'm trying to get back on track again with my monthly list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita. As usual it is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Another month, and another otome retail release, as Aksys brings us Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly. Download-wise we have a true Vita exclusive, indie adventure platformer Sir Eatsalot. There is also another NIS unconventional 2D action RPG title with Penny-Punching Princess, gritty comic adventure Metropolis: Lux Obscura, classic fighting game The King of Fighters '97, 2D dogfighter Rogue Aces, and punishing pixel art platformer League of Evil.

Due to my late March post most game announcements were covered there, only new addition is side-scrolling adventure Chasm.

And it looks like we're done! Come back next month for more otome with 7'scarlet.

April

Retail

Downloads

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
  • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.
  • C-Wars - Retro RTS thing (abandoned in early access since Mar 2016)
  • SilverQuest: Gaiden - Previously MiniFlake (abandoned in early access since Mar 2016)
  • Smash Derby - Indie vehicle combat arena (no updates, removed from developers page)
  • A Clumsy Adventure - Indie platformer (dev website down, no twitter updates since Dec 2015)
  • Action Henk - Physics puzzle runner? (Vita not listed on homepage, PS4 came out in Mar 2016)
  • Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer - Card game (no updates since original annoucement Aug 2014)
  • Rain World - Survival (Out on other platforms, Vita version not mentioned any more)
  • Cloudberry Kingdom - Platformer (No news since 2013, no mention of Vita since, studio moved on)
  • Enter the Gungeon - Procedural dual-joystick shooter (Not cancelled but port low priority for the time being)

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

This reminds me that I should play my Vita more. :)

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

As a Vita owner these posts continue to be great. You are doing the Lord's work.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@meteora3255: Thanks. I figure I'll keep doing them for as long as they keep putting out games for it, which seems like it could still be while. Not bad for a device that was declared dead 6 months after release.