Pokemon Diamond and Pearl speedrun strategies?

BiskutHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BiskutHD

Hello

I wanted to start speedrunning pokemon diamond and pearl as they are my personal favourites. I picked these over platinum as they tend to be shorter despite the frame-rate and other issues,

Does anyone have any strategies or tricks for speedrunning these, if so please share them with me

I also want to do glitchless otherwise it would probably just be tweaking to get to the end.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Bollard

Hi! Unfortunately I've only ever done Pokemon Gold Any%, and I doubt many people here will know much about D/P speedrunning. However, I recommend you check out Speedrun.com

They have a guides section here: https://www.speedrun.com/pkmndp/guides which might not be 100% up to date but will totally be a big help starting out, and they have a forum for any questions you might have. Somewhere there's probably a Pokemon Speedrun Discord or IRC you can join too. Hope that helps!

BiskutHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Maybe you should try and watch some speedruns. Only did a pokemon red speed run and that involved a nidoking and the move thrash.

BiskutHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake: Yeah I think that would be better most of the guides are a bit old and rubbish