Sounds like more Prey might be on the way...

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

It looks like a couple of tweets from the Prey account have people thinking that there might be a DLC or Prey 2 announcement coming soon. This one from a week ago definitely seems to imply that they want to do something with the Moon:

And this one from yesterday, while labeled Throwback Thursday, looks to be concept art from a level also set on the Moon (or Luna if you want to be a nerd about it):

I have to say that it seems like this would be a ridiculous amount of time to wait before throwing down DLC, so I'd bet on either a standalone expansion or a Prey 2 announcement at some point soon, maybe E3. I really need to go back and finish Prey! I set everything down to easy after getting 15 hours or so into it and started to have a bit more fun with it; on Normal I was starting to get to a point where I was spending more time reloading encounters than actually getting through them. But I'm glad it was apparently successful enough for them to maybe make more of it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Humanity

Either way I'm psyched. Prey was a real gem from last year, that like other great games from Arkane, no one played or people "bounced off" right away. I guess I happen to fall exactly into that narrow demographic of folks that love these open ended, stealth based games, but man gimme more Prey or Dishonored and I'll be - pun intended - over the moon.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hayt

Yessssssss. I never in my wildest dreams imagined they'd get to follow up on Prey. It was my favourite game from last year but I assumed the DLC teases would just live as ideas.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Awesome if true! Prey was slept on so hard. I am definitely biased though; you could take just about any concept or setting and slap a competent first person action-rpg on top and I will eat it right up.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By OurSin_360

I just want the prey 2 i was promised years ago.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure how long it took everyone else to explore everything on Talos I then finish off the story, but I thought it was going to take me around 20 hours at most, and yet I think it was 40 or 70 or something. A huge difference between 40 and 70, I know, but it was a long game and I don't remember exactly what time, but it was one of those. It was a great game for the most part, but dang, I really disliked the experience of just finishing off the story after exploring all of Talos I and it tainted my overall view of the game when it was otherwise one of the best games last year. Lastly, if anyone is interested, there was news a while back about how the original Prey 2 was going to end up being. I am happy with the Prey we got, but man would I have liked to see the original version of Prey 2.

Loading Video...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@ntm: Wow, game sounds like it woulda been legitimately awesome.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Bethesda continues its trend of only showing stuff that will come out this year. If so, it's unlikely Prey 2 and more chances of it being a large piece of DLC for Prey 1. Which I'm all for.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hayt

I suspect this will be a 'Death of the Outsider" sized standalone thing if I had to guess.

I also popped over to the Prey reddit and it seems like there may be an sort of ARG underway.

A twitter profile named for a TranStar rival called Kasma Corp has been posting clearly Prey related images. It is also being followed by a number of Arkane staff.

A reddit profile by the same name has been posting in reply to Moon related stuff on the Prey page using binary.

This youtube video sums it all up pretty neatly.

Loading Video...

I hope it's legit as the foreshadowing for the other stuff in Prey was pretty juicy.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Prey being successful enough to warrant a DLC is great news! Also, it's fantastic to see a AAA publisher actually willing to put out games like this and not condemn it a failure because it didn't sell like a Call of Duty or fill it with ugly microtransactions. I know that Bethesda's just going to break and go nuts with that stuff one day, but it doesn't seem like it's this year.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm actually pretty excited about this. I was under the impression that Prey sold like junk and that it and Death of the Outsider would probably be the last "immersive sim" style games from Arkane for a while. Even if it's just a smaller stand-alone expansion, I'm glad we're getting more Prey; that game is rad.

scrappypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really loved Prey. It was an absoultue stunner in terms of a surprise. It was the bioshock, system shock and it's own flavour all rolled into one.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Cool, seemed like Prey had some neat ideas. Just really glad to see Betheseda not giving up on Single Player games just yet

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Provided this is a thing, Arkane have been releasing games at an unexpectedly rapid pace. I hope this turns out to be an expansion in the vein of Death of the Outsider.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By sammo21

I tried to like Prey. I mostly got annoyed and the trial and error of it. The world was interesting but I wish we had gotten the real Prey 2. Since I never beat the Prey reboot I can't have any excitement for DLC or a sequel. I think I put like...8 into it. I really like the "stranger in strange world" who then found a way to not only be the only one of his species but also being able to carve out a niche for himself. That plot twist sounds great and that ending sounds really cool.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait. PREY was my game of the year for 2017 and I'm really into the idea of exploring a rival corporation on Moon. There is a lot of very cool stuff they could do with DLC.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By soulcake

More Prey sounds good to me, it's probably gonna be DLC too. Like Dishonored 2, didn't that expansion came out a year later ?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A sequel to Prey would be incredible.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This picture the staff put up for Prey day has a lot of hints and looks like we'll be seeing this on June 10th. Get hype. Interestingly also the Kasma corp twitter is now protected after posting a picture of a moon base.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just in case people hadn't seen it, here is the moon pic posted from the now protected Kasma Corp account:

No Caption Provided

June 10th is also the date for the Bethesda E3 showcase. I can't imagine they would do all this just to delay the 'reveal' until June, so I imagine June 10th will be the release date. One of those 'you can play this today!' things that look good on stage.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Bonbonetti

It feels rather late to be a DLC, so I'm hoping for Prey 2 or at least an expansion. I'm actually close to finishing my second playthrough of Prey (2017) right now, focusing on the Engineer path this time around. Multiplayer FPS games get all the attention these days, but as a single-player gamer it's great to see a company like Bethesda still willing to focus on single-player FPS.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@paulmako: That picture seems weirdly uninspired compared to the rest of Prey in a aesthetic sense - but hey whatever I'll play any DLC they put out.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Harvey Smith is involved in whatever this turns out to be, especially since he didn't play a prominent role in the development of the main game. I'm now tempted to go back and finish my Nightmare playthrough.