Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 coming December 8th

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

In what is truly the most important and exciting game announcement of today, Sega has released a trailer for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. The game is coming out on all the platforms (including the new ones) on December 8th. The Puyo Puyo Tetris was the first game I imported since the PSP days, so let's just say I'm somewhat looking forward to the sequel.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Extremely excited for battle tetris.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I fucking love Puyo Puyo Tetris and imported the first one not long after it was played by the staff, and I will absolutely get this. However, I find it hilarious that the story mode is somewhat front and center.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

YO

That is extremely exciting news.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: If it weren't for the story mode what exactly would be the point of the sequel?

Puyo Puyo Tetris is great but...it wasn't exactly begging for a sequel. I'm sure they'll throw a few new modes and twists on the game in here but puzzle games in general have a real issue in the days where everything has to be a franchise. Tetris gets re-released every few years and almost never has anything that makes it worth buying over again, unless they do some big Tetris Effect type experience thing which is more about flash and presentation than a change to the game.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I need confirmation on whether Doctor Dog the Dog Doctor is in this or not. Because I can take my money elsewhere, Sega!

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: I don't know and I don't care, but the story mode was bloated and tedious in the first and hardly the reason anyone played it that I'm aware of.