cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cikame

As the topic states.

I backed this game on Kickstarter in 2012 to give you an idea of how long it has been in development, seemingly by one person, it's another high detail pixel art indie game if that wasn't obvious from the thumbnail, but the density of detail in the mechanics and systems offers this game a thick layer of mystery which has appealed to me from the start, on top of the lovely animation of course.

This has been one of the more enjoyable Kickstarters i've been a part of, mostly due to the fatigue ridden messages coming from the developer every few months :P. Broken grammar and looping gifs are as mysterious as the game itself, and while i'm sure some backers are annoyed at the length of development, the game's potential and the off-kilter developer blogs have me completely won over.

I hope i can raise awareness for this game, i think it'll be right up some people's alley.

18 Months Later

How about an update, the end is in sight, the game even has a Steam page now with the optimistic release date of "Soon".

In the developer's trademark style he offers a slightly more focused date of "winter", then goes on to better describe what winter means, in case you didn't know, and also gives us a new trailer.

It's a pretty good trailer.

31 Months Later

Radio the Universe now has a public demo, check it out.

icedturtle4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I'm not a backer, but would have been. I found out about this game a month after the Kickstarter ended. I check in every month to see if there are any updates. I plan to buy the game no matter what just because of how long I've been following it and I have some weird loyalty even though I never backed the game.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cikame: This does look like the unknown gem of the year.

Never even heard about the game myself but I'm certainly interested now. The Gameplay itself looks fantastic. This kinda reminds me about both Metro 2033 and Secret of Mana.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, back in 2007 when video games were in their prime, I did not expect the future evolution of video games to be a reboot of 1980s level design and gameplay.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It looks fascinating. Hopefully it plays half as good as it looks cause from what I saw a lot of it looked incomprehensible to an outsider looking in.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's an update with a new release forecast and a new trailer, all the links are in the first post.

... This post isn't long enough.
I could have made a new thread just for the trailer, but then i'd have the only two topics on this game's forum, instead i'm committing the faux pas's of double posting AND necro'ing a 2 year old thread, outrageous!
My excuse is that i don't have to re-introduce the game, it's all there in the first post.

Extended commentary over, have a nice day.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geez, hadn't thought about this in years. I do love the art style but also worry a bit that it could give me a migraine if I look at it for more than 10 minutes.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cikame

Steam's next NEXTFEST fest has arrived for 2023 and here's a surprise, Radio the Universe now has a public demo, go check it out it's around an hour long.

It's... awesome, at least i like it and initial impressions seem really good too, some interesting unique mechanics, intentional obscurity and strong atmosphere make this game really stand out, i can tell a lot of reworking and polishing went into the game since the trailer 2 and a half years ago, backers had access to beta builds but i stayed away until this demo.

The demo is light on story and i really wonder how it's going to present itself, but i love the pixel style and the cutscenes look amazing.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't back it but I've watched it on Steam for what seems like forever.