RAGE 2 leaked UPDATE

• 134 results
#51 Posted by TheFlamingo352 (377 posts) -

Original post updated, Bethesda is officially confirming a reveal date on their twitter, RAGE 2 is for sure happening.

#52 Posted by Bollard (8185 posts) -

UPDATE*****************

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/05/10/bethesda-does-more-teasing-for-rage-2.aspx

Also @RAGEgame
Also @RAGEgame

Well folks, looks like it's official, Bethesda's tweeting a reveal date. Developer Rebellion, makers of the Sniper Elite franchise, are replying to all the tweets. That plus the image above makes it sound like they, not iD, will be working on this.

Also, Bethesda's official Twitter has been pumping promo images:

All pointing towards that 14th of May date, but interestingly potentially not all about Rage? The rocket has everyone wondering if we'll finally hear about Starfield. No clue what the crossing is about though...

#53 Posted by soulcake (2820 posts) -

Mmm Rebellion (the sniper elite guys) might be making RAGE II now i am interested. I still cant believe this is really happening what a weird timeline where in.

#54 Posted by Nick (1042 posts) -

I liked playing Rage, I would play a new one.

#55 Posted by BoOzak (2648 posts) -

I liked those Sniper Elite games but Rebellion typically makes trash. What was their last FPS? Rogue Warrior? (I still think this is an ongoing joke and will never happen)

#56 Posted by noizy (986 posts) -

Rage wasn't terrible, but that ending felt like they ran out of money and said "ship it".

#57 Posted by MocBucket62 (2492 posts) -

Man, what is a sequel to Rage gonna look like in 2018? Really curious to see gameplay footage from Bethesda's E3 showing.

#58 Edited by glots (4387 posts) -

If this'll be from the guys who made Doom, then sure. Can't say that I'm otherwise interested in Rage, since the original game never did much for me.

#59 Edited by BoOzak (2648 posts) -

@theflamingo352: Here's another update for you ;p (I was wrong it isnt a joke...)

Loading Video...

Bethesda's confirmed it, gameplay trailer is coming tomorrow. So far tonally it looks more in line with Borderlands, maybe even dumber? I dont remember the tone of the first game.

Count me among the people who are sad that this didnt make it as an E3 reveal as I would have loved to see GB's reaction to this. That Halo Wars 2 announcement was fucking perfect.

Avatar image for fivegreenaliens
#60 Posted by fivegreenaliens (56 posts) -

Twitter is saying the fine print says its being developed by avalanche studios

#61 Posted by hassun (10031 posts) -

Looks like they are going all the way Mad Max with this. Down to the developer, even.

I wouldn't normally care about this but I'll give Bethesda credit for their big id revamps.

#62 Edited by Zirilius (1700 posts) -

@boozak said:

@theflamingo352: Here's another update for you ;p (I was wrong it isnt a joke...)

Loading Video...

Bethesda's confirmed it, gameplay trailer is coming tomorrow. So far tonally it looks more in line with Borderlands, maybe even dumber? I dont remember the tone of the first game.

Count me among the people who are sad that this didnt make it as an E3 reveal as I would have loved to see GB's reaction to this. That Halo Wars 2 announcement was fucking perfect.

Youtube transitioned from that to Childish Gambino's This is America. Couldn't think of anything more relevant.

What if this is actually good? I'm interested in seeing gameplay as I thought Rage's gameplay foundation was pretty good but the story pretty boring.

Also I'd bet good money this comes out before Crackdown 3.

#63 Posted by BabyChooChoo (7093 posts) -

I'm a simple man. I hear Andrew W.K. and immediate think "okay, I'm in."

Curious to see more, obviously. If it's anything like the teaser, seems like it might be a much livelier, wackier game? Which doesn't really bother me, but it's already being compared to Borderlands and I can't really blame anyone. If it does go down that route, I can only pray that the writing doesn't try to hard like some other games.

#64 Edited by Tesla (2296 posts) -

I always held Rage in the same box I put Crysis in; extremely pretty but also incredibly vapid and uninteresting. I'm also not a huge fan of wacky post apocalyptic worlds...besides Tales from the Borderlands I actually kinda despise that trope.

Bethesda has been treating me well lately though, and I do enjoy how they've handled this leak. Hopefully this turns out better than I anticipate.

#65 Posted by Jesus_Phish (3900 posts) -

@boozak: Based on something Jeff said on the last UPF - it wouldn't of been a surprise to him and maybe not the rest of the crew either.

@babychoochoo - The trailer gave me the impression that this game will be very inclusive and that is going to drive a particular demographic to foam at the mouth. Or it will be like Borderlands 2 - which I didn't even think about until I saw you mention it. At least the shooting will be better in that case?

#66 Posted by hassun (10031 posts) -
#67 Posted by BoOzak (2648 posts) -

As someone who liked that Mad Max game (thought it was better than JC3) this is good news. And if Id are involved to make the shooting good then this might turn out alright.

#69 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (3017 posts) -

@theflamingo352: id is not and has never been spelled with the lowercase "i," capital "D" style despite so many people incorrectly doing so for many years. I have no idea where it started or how it caught on, but id has always officially been presented with both letters lowercase.

#70 Edited by WOBAG (186 posts) -

Translation:

Immerse yourself in the post-apocalyptic universe, where there is no society, no law, no order. RAGE2 was the brainchild of two colossi of the gaming industry: recognized masters in the creation of open worlds Avalanche Studios and guru of shooters id Software. In the end, it turned out a delicious meat grinder, where you can go anywhere, shoot anything and blow whatever you want

erm... up. I assume.
#71 Posted by FlashFlood_29 (4452 posts) -

Boy that teaser is something.

Looks to me like they might try to force a Fortnite-esque aesthetic into RAGE, with a lot of pastel colors. I'm okay with a game being goofy so long as it's not over-the-top wacky (almost slapstick) self-referential humor. Thing with me is that this kind of marketing puts me off but the games themselves typically draw me in. It's great for the young crowd.

I'm very excited to see what Avalanche and id can do together. If the DOOM team wants a go at a Borderlands type loot shooter, by all means, shoot for the stars.

#72 Edited by BoOzak (2648 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll:

No Caption Provided

Not always ;p

I just say Id incase people think i'm saying i'd. (because people dont often use apotrophes on the internet) Also names typically have an upper case letter to start them off.

#73 Posted by CupOfDoom (95 posts) -

I bet this will be Mad Max with DOOM(2016)'s combat.

#74 Posted by Mister_V (2451 posts) -

I bet this will be Mad Max with DOOM(2016)'s combat.

That sounds Pretty great to me!

#75 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (3017 posts) -

@boozak said:

@ll_exile_ll:

No Caption Provided

Not always ;p

I just say Id incase people think i'm saying i'd. (because people dont often use apotrophes on the internet) Also names typically have an upper case letter to start them off.

It has never been "iD." That logo right there is using a font that is all caps (look at software, it is also all caps). Other than that one very early logo, it has always been all lowercase. It has never, ever been iD, yet that spelling continues to be used by people on the internet for reasons unknown.

#76 Posted by soulcake (2820 posts) -

I still think this a expensive Aprils fool joke.

No Caption Provided

#77 Posted by mattchops (347 posts) -

terrible 90s attitude gaming all over again

#78 Edited by bybeach (6386 posts) -

I liked Rage, excellent in some of it's parts, but flat over-all. I remember the end fight as a joke.

But hell, I have no conceived or innate hostility to a Rage 2. Simply see what the Dev does.

#79 Posted by Tyrrael (485 posts) -

I would definitely like to see a Rage 2. I also seem to be in the minority of people that really liked Rage. I played through it several times on consoles and PC. If it is released, I hope they re-release the original on PS4/Xbox1 as well. That would be great. Then, they could have a combo pack for people that never played the original either on PC or console.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
#80 Edited by Bowl-of-Lentils (1131 posts) -

The trailer's attitude reminds me somewhat of Lawbreakers.

Loading Video...

That mixed with the Suicide Squad movie.

#81 Posted by Humanity (18950 posts) -

I just hope they don't go Watch Dogs 2 with this. The original was kinda dark and super atmospheric, and it nailed the Fallout/Mad Max aesthetic more than any game to date. If they decide to swing hard to the left and make it all "wacky" apocalypse I'll be really disappointed. What I also loved about the first game was that stark contrast between scavengers living in the wasteland and the hyper advanced Authority enemies and levels.

#82 Edited by Ares42 (4366 posts) -
@boozak said:

Count me among the people who are sad that this didnt make it as an E3 reveal

My first thought as well. This would've been amazing as a cold reveal at one of the conferences.

#83 Edited by BoOzak (2648 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll said:
@boozak said:

@ll_exile_ll:

No Caption Provided

Not always ;p

It has never been "iD." That logo right there is using a font that is all caps (look at software, it is also all caps). Other than that one very early logo, it has always been all lowercase. It has never, ever been iD, yet that spelling continues to be used by people on the internet for reasons unknown.

I never said it was iD, infact I told you I referred to them as Id. All I was saying is they wernt always referred to as id. (That was a really dumb sentence) Regardless, it's a weird thing to get hung up on.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
#85 Posted by Colonel_Pockets (1315 posts) -

@mocbucket62: I wonder if this ends up being a PREY 2 situation.... So weird, but I loved RAGE. Hopefully this ends up good.

#86 Edited by bybeach (6386 posts) -

Boy if it's that trailer, I just did a hard U-turn back out into the Plains of Silence.

No Thankee.......

edit...guess wait and see what it really is :l

#87 Edited by VoshiNova (2412 posts) -

I’m looking forward to the gameplay footage. I’m ok with the trailer, I kinda cringe at the actors but that’s probably some personal hang up. I also really hope that the mad max “anything” stays far away- as I could see that being a negative paragraph in everyone’s reviews. Including the one I’ll write in my head and leave there.

#88 Posted by splodge (2786 posts) -

To be perfectly honest, I feel like games have been missing a certain amount of cringey 'tude, and I for one welcome it back with open arms. Cowabunga, baby.

#89 Posted by WheresDerrick (326 posts) -

I think this was revealed before E3 because Borderlands 3 seems like a sure thing and they didn't want this to get lost in the fold, so better to hype it beforehand.

#90 Edited by ripelivejam (13227 posts) -

@ares42: I picture drew scanlon blinks from all bombcrew present.

On a tangent, are we still allowed to be hyped and in anticipation of Borderlands 3, or are we obligated to hate it because Pitchford?

#91 Posted by Hayt (1693 posts) -

That trailer looks a bit cringy but I'm curious to see whether it's full borderlands or not.

#92 Posted by csl316 (15007 posts) -

I liked Rage a lot, but that teaser was oh so confusing.

#93 Posted by superslidetail (455 posts) -

Yea after seeing that trailer I'm worried they are going full Borderlands. I want my Rage and Borderlands two separate things. ; )

#94 Posted by Thursday1977 (127 posts) -

Credit where it's due, and granted this is based upon a trailer that is less than a minute long with no gameplay, they look like they are having a LOT of fun with the game (or, at least, the marketing of said game). Say what you may, but that peaks my interest FAR more than an extremely polished trailer with yet another moody cover of an 80's song. I dig it. I hope that they keep it up, and that the finished product is something that will give me a smile.

#95 Posted by Ares42 (4366 posts) -

@wheresderrick: It was revealed at this point because of the leak. And if you're thinking they planted the leak, no.

#96 Posted by WheresDerrick (326 posts) -

@ares42 said:

@wheresderrick: It was revealed at this point because of the leak. And if you're thinking they planted the leak, no.

I highly doubt they had all this marketing done if they weren't already planning to release it this week. Zenimax/Bethesda usually doesn't respond to leaks so it seems unlikely they'd bump this stuff up because of a Wal Mart website listing.

#97 Posted by OurSin_360 (6201 posts) -

@wheresderrick: it could be comarketing with walmart honestly. I mean if it wasn't leaked and announced at e3 it would just get lost in all the other games. Especially given how poorly the first game is remembered. Right now they have a great buzz and opportunity to get this game in people's minds.

#98 Posted by Brackstone (943 posts) -

Avalanche being on it is exciting news, I really liked Mad Max. That said, this trailer was really not my thing. I'm all for crazy post apocalyptic raider types, but mean-mugging for the camera like this just makes it feel like a commercial for punk Gap store.

I've always meant to check out the original, maybe this'll get me to do that.

#99 Edited by Ares42 (4366 posts) -

@wheresderrick: We're less than a month away from E3 and you don't think they already had a finished 1 minute trailer (or were in post-production of it) ? Sure, we've heard stories of last minute stuff for E3, but I'd wager most of the stuff you see at E3 is already done or at least in production at this point. I mean, if you got the spot to show a game trailer at the Sony conference, would you get it done, evaluated, approved etc etc a few weeks before E3, or would you start 10 days before E3 and hope it turns out good ?

Hell, you probably would want stuff done before Judges week, which is what, this or next week ?

@oursin_360: What would they have to gain from the walmart leak if they wanted it out already ? They could've just come out and announced it with the trailer etc and it would've pretty much gotten the same coverage. You could argue they got an additional news cycle, but it's not like gaming sites are flooded with news these days.

#100 Edited by WheresDerrick (326 posts) -

@ares42 said:

@wheresderrick: We're less than a month away from E3 and you don't think they already had a finished 1 minute trailer (or were in post-production of it) ? Sure, we've heard stories of last minute stuff for E3, but I'd wager most of the stuff you see at E3 is already done or at least in production at this point. I mean, if you got the spot to show a game trailer at the Sony conference, would you get it done, evaluated, approved etc etc a few weeks before E3, or would you start 10 days before E3 and hope it turns out good ?

Hell, you probably would want stuff done before Judges week, which is what, this or next week ?

Way to come off as condescending.

It doesn't seem likely to me this was all saved for an E3 surprise. Like I said already, announcing it during E3 increases chances it would've been overshadowed, especially considering this might be the year Bethesda's new IP gets revealed and it would've been in the same panel. The Wal-Mart stuff comes off as a complete coincidence, even more considering Bethesda/Zenimax's response to rumors is usually "We do not comment on rumors or speculation" but they were sure quick to hint immediately after the leak. There's also the image of Big Ben with the 5 14 time on it hinting the reveal; could've also been photoshopped real quick to an earlier date, but still.

Maybe the Wal-Mart leak caused them to simply announce it earlier, but I still think it was going to be revealed before E3 regardless

*edit* Pete Hines himself confirmed they were revealing it this week regardless. https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/996033015460622337