Guys There's a New Ratchet and Clank, Who's Excited?!?

• 52 results
jorjor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

All the reviews I've seen have been really positive, so I'm pumped. Completely forgot this even existed.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I played some Future and would love to play this. But, you know... Quantum Break, Dark Souls, Uncharted, and Doom within a month. Just got nowhere to slot it, even at $40 :(

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

I got too excited and went straight to my Gamestop right after work, to my disappointment, they didn't do an early release this time. Which is strange, since Dark Souls III also comes out the same day. Guess not enough interest on both games in my area. ;____;

Ah well, I guess I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Avatar image for atomicpineapple
atomicpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I got my wife into Ratchet with the ps3 collection, so I'm stoked!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Seems like it's been getting reviewed well. Gonna wait for a quick look before I buy it.

Does anyone know if the cutscenes in the game are straight from the movie Sony's making, or did insomniac make them? The gameplay looks great, but not quite as great as the cutscenes.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Gunna rent it tomorrow. Those first three games on the ps2 are some of my favorite games ever, especially the first one

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played every Souls game, + Bloodborne, on release and both Dark Souls and Bloodborne are two of my all time favorite games. I'll still admit to being more hyped about Ratchet and Clank! I've already bought it through the US PSN and it's downloading right now.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just kind of came out huh?
I wonder just how much of a nostalgia rush this release would be for me. I played the absolute crap out of the games, especially 1, as a kid. Too bad I don't have a PS4.
Most important question: Are the golden guns still in?

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I really enjoy the majority of the Ratchet and Clank games. And yeah, I'm really looking forward to playing this later this week(it's on the way from Gamefly).

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be more excited if I actually had time to play it. I'll probably still buy it, just because it's something I feel like I should support (platformer game with a good sense of humour and art style). Glad to hear it's reviewing well, and I hope Vinny actually knows this exists enough to do a quick look.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had a PS4, sure, I guess. Kinda makes me wanna fire up one of the old PS2 games with either Viewtiful Joe or Meg Ryan.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I'm not a Souls fan, I had no problem buying this right away. Played a couple of hours, enjoying my time with it, just like with the old and Future trilogy...and boy, does it look pretty!

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

*I* fuckin' am! Always been a big fan. Pre-ordered it a long time ago and with those reviews? I'm getting quite excited to play it.

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stupidly pre-ordered this game digitally over a year ago cause when it was announced I thought it was going to be released in April 2015. Needless to say, i'm excited to finally play it lol.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this is one Ratchet & Clank I have to give a miss. And I've played every single previous one to 100% completion. Even grinding some of those utterly useless weapons to max level (looking at you Tornado Launcher.) Don't have a PS4, can't be arsed to get one for maybe three games that are exclusive that I want to play. Maybe in a few years when PS4s are dirt cheap and I can pick this game up used for a few bucks.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really really excited! Ratchet and Clank is my 3d Mario, I was bummed when I found out my preordered copy of Dark Souls 3 was going to be a week late, but now I don't have to choose which game to play first, it was a blessing in disguise!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Favorite franchise of all time by a mile, will pick it up when it's released in Europe in a week or so. Embarrassingly still need to play Nexus for PS3 too, so might do that soon too.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yaaaaaaaaaaasssssss

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacdg: It's super short compared to everything else, but it's my favorite PS3 Ratchet and Clank. It has more subtle humor that the first PS2 games had.

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to play it, this will be the game that keeps me going untill Uncharted 4, however I have read that when you go back to revisit planet you have been on before, the enemies are just some low level types, and not just the respawn of the ones that was when you first visit it. I don't remember it being like that in tools of destruction, there I just think they respawned the enemies.

But it's just something I have read in a review, I will still look forward to play it, the humor, and the Weapons are what keeps me going :)

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacdg: It's super short compared to everything else, but it's my favorite PS3 Ratchet and Clank. It has more subtle humor that the first PS2 games had.

Yeah I know it is, still looking forward to it. I didn't play games for about 7 months when it came out, then I got a PS4 and kinda forgot about it, sadly. Beat the other games multiple times on both PS2 and PS3. I need my R&C fix.

blade_r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picking up my copy later today. I am really excited. I have been a RC fan since the first game on PS2. Leave all that Quantum Break and Dark Souls stuff for the kiddies, Racthet And Clank for the adults ;)

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Dan_CiTi

It's my thing right after Dark Souls 3! It looks fantastic.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really liked the PS3 Ratchet's so I'll probably pick this up after Dark Souls 3.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Dark Souls 3 weren't out I'd buy it right away. Now, I just don't have the time. Still can't wait to dive in. Loved all of the PS2 games.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By UnInvincible

If I've beat Dark Souls 3 by this weekend I'll definitely dive in and marathon through this. I played a bit of the PS3 games on my friend's console in college, but haven't really had a chance to play through one on my own time since the PS2 games, which I adored. Definitely my favorite PS2 franchise, I put so many hours into all of them back in the day. Insomniac is a studio that just really makes a game shine, I'm really glad they've gone away from making dull shooters and back to making colorful action games. Sunset Overdrive was a blast (and the reason I got an XBone), and it sounds like R&C will be too. Looking forward to the nostalgic bits of this being re-make too, I'm sure all the maps from the first game are burned into my brain somewhere.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyond playing like the first few levels of Tool of Destruction (I think that was the one) I haven't played any of them. I liked Sunset Overdrive a decent amount and it seemed to me that that game took some inspiration from the R&C games so I'll pick this one up. It's also $40.

Avatar image for arkade_kalamity
Arkade_Kalamity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My copy should be arriving later this afternoon. Love me some R&C.

RPJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fell off my radar and i'm excited to dive in later tonight. Have always been a fan of the series.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pompouspizza
Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By Cybexx

Played some of it last night it is super cool. It is one of the most ambitious remakes I have ever played. The planet progression seems similar to the original game and there are parts of the environment that I recall in terms of general outlines and structure but everything is new and gorgeous. There is a lot going on in the background, lots of ships buzzing around, it almost verges on too much but I think it is about right.

The controls feel good, the new upgrade system seems neat but I haven't dug too deep into it. The scenes taken from the movie are integrated more smoothly than I expected, clearly the animation quality is a higher than the in-engine cutscenes but the rendering is actually really similar. I would even say that the way Insomniac's engine handles fur and materials looks a bit more preferable to me than Rainmaker Entertainment's rendering and compositing which seems to smooth out a lot of the details and lose some depth. But you can tell what is In-Engine since you still see artifacts in the lighting.

It seems like that extra year of development that Insomniac had after the movie was delayed really paid off, it just feels really polished. This is definitely the furthest thing from a movie cash-in game.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By glots

I've been having a blast as well (hoverboarding race kinda started to grind my gears before I managed to win, but at least that's optional...), I really hope this takes off and does well for Insomniac, while also inspiring other developers. Could really use more action-platforming on a PS4 besides this and Knack.

It's also kinda sad how this keeps up a steady 30fps pretty much throughout the game and looks as amazing as it does, while some last-gen ports can't do that. Together with Second Son and most likely Uncharted 4 also managing the same, I'd kinda love to read on some info as to why that is. Does it just require so much work from a porting/multiplatform developer to make the game run smooth on PS4 that it's not worth their time?

Also, I hope you're playing this @vinny !

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been itching for a good 3d platformer for a while now but it will have to wait until after Dark Souls 3

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@plop1920 said:

I've been itching for a good 3d platformer for a while now but it will have to wait until after Dark Souls 3

At first, I was thinking the same thing, but the controller throwing frustration that is Dark Souls is already bearing down on me. I think R&C might be the perfect compliment to lighten the mood so I don't go to bed with my blood boiling each night!

Dmoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plop1920 said:

At first, I was thinking the same thing, but the controller throwing frustration that is Dark Souls is already bearing down on me. I think R&C might be the perfect compliment to lighten the mood so I don't go to bed with my blood boiling each night!

Agreed. It has been a great contrast.

I was skeptical on the new R&C but now I find myself wanting to play it more than DS3.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These games have always been so beautiful, I can't wait to see what they look like on PS4!

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I was so excited to jump into this game after work today. I've played about an hour so far and I love it. Great homage to the old while still mixing in some of the new improvements that the series made as it progressed. Also, it's maybe one of the most gorgeous games I've ever seen. Between the colorful art design, lighting, and fluid animation, it's really stunning.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I went ahead and ordered this and Witch and the Hundred Knights today. I'm pretty excited about it. Ratchet and Clank games tend to satisfy a particular itch in my gaming needs that no one else is really doing right now.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

When the first Ratchet and Clank came out for the PS2, I would play that at a neighbor's house alongside Jak and Daxter all the time and those games really made me envy my neighbor for having a PS2. I'm kind of getting that feeling again for those who have a PS4 because not only does this game look gorgeous, but looks like a ton of fun. Looking forward to the quick look, which I think should be a Vinny headed quick look, but this might be covered by Dan/Jeff since they also have fond memories of the franchise. For the record, I did beat the original Ratchet and Clank on the PS3 HD trilogy and loved that experience, but I really need to finish Going Commando too.

Hope the game sells well and hopefully the movie ends up doing its part in getting good reviews like its video game counterpart. Looking at its competition for April 29, it has a shot at being the #1 movie in the box office before Captain America comes in and dominates.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been replaying the series in anticipation for this.... and it's not exactly hard to go back to. The games hold up amazingly well, but a reboot with all the gameplay and graphics sound better then a HD releases.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I absolutely adore the series, I've played through all the main ones and never seem to get sick of the formula. This is the first one I'm going to miss out on, since I have no PS4, but its easily the strongest argument for the system.

Good to hear it reviewing well, hopefully it sells what it needs and we finally get some more 3D platformers going around on this generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was moderately excited. I grew up playing the ones on ps2, but never touched the ps3 releases.

This one feels exactly how my 11 year-old mind remembers the first game. It's been nothing but pure joy and nostalgia and I am completely surprised at how great this game actually is. I couldn't be happier so far.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am surprised how well it is being recieved. I also played the heck out of the PS2 games, skipped the PS3 ones and now came back to this one. I finished it, if I were to review it I would rate it 3 stars, it's just OK, but feels too same-ey and frankly, it's a bit akward at times. For all the polish (mainly the graphics are great) it has some glaring flaws: from sound in cutscenes cutting off abrubtly (music at the end of basicly every scene) to story that feels really disjointed. And the writing - I feel weird that even Jeff mentioned on the Bombcast how well it's written, how funny it is - I remember that being true for the old games and expected the same here, but the pacing of the dialog is really not good. I don't know if my expectations were too high, but I think I chuckled like twice during the entire game. I am going to the HD remake of the first game on PS3 and play that to check if it's me changing over the years or if this is really that much weaker as is seems to me right now.

The lowered price is nice, but I would still advise anyone to wait for a deal before purchase.

pogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, haven't had that much fun in a video game in awhile. Finished it and am compelled to do the challenge mode (basically new game plus). Seriously games like Destiny and The Division, have felt like work to me. I am also tired of how many games take place in dark and depressing worlds. Thanks Insomniac for reminding us that AAA games can be lighthearted and fun. Literally a smile on my face the whole time!

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I would be if I had a PS4. The game looks great.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pogo: I feel exactly the same way!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This game is great. They really need to do this with the rest of the games. I never played any of them back in the day. And I really don't want to dig out my PS3 to play the others. I hope they end up giving them this treatment.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@sterling: The issue with that, I think, is that they really turned the first game into more of a greatest hits than a straight up remake. Going through the cards hipped me to just how many weapons in this game weren't even around the last time I played a Ratchet game (Going Commando for sure, perhaps I played Up Your Arsenal as well) and the story conceits reminded me how much they played with the limited narrative.

Granted, the game is fun as hell to play and I'm currently hunting down all the telopathus brains on Gaspar in challenge mode just as I did on the normal play through, but I'd be curious if it'd keep on holding up / piquing my interest. People drifted away from the series once before for a reason after all.

That said, the cutscenes in this game are shockingly lifeless, so I'd certainly take at least one more of these with a little soul sprinkled in. This game is all mechanics.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

This game is great. They really need to do this with the rest of the games. I never played any of them back in the day. And I really don't want to dig out my PS3 to play the others. I hope they end up giving them this treatment.

I'm curious as to what they're planning to do next. I haven't looked at any numbers, but I think the game has done well for them financially and pretty much every review I've seen has been at least somewhat positive. The movie on the other hand didn't reach the expectations at the box office and has been generally panned by the critics. As sad as that is, the best case scenario here could be that they'll only make a sequel for the game and don't "butcher" up the storytelling as much as they did with this one.