hey, this game is pretty fun

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Nick

just a heads up if you got the xbox game pass: i'm having a great time with ReCore Definitive Edition.

i'm 15 hours in, i'm guessing 3/4 of the way through, and it's a nice light platforming/shooting/collecting/upgrading experience.

i think without the new zone and corebot included in the definitive edition the game would feel unfinished, but if you've got game pass this is definitely worth a try!

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I got it on PC a while back and enjoyed it for about 5 hours until it got stupid hard and I just stopped playing it. Seems like they want you to grind to get higher level so enemies won't be so overpowered. I felt the combat just didn't interest me enough to grind that much.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nick

oh interesting, i find the combat to be pretty easy, i've died a couple times but i don't find it very hard.

one tip for anyone who picks this up: make sure you upgrade your corebots, because leveling up doesn't actually do anything unless you go and upgrade them every now and then

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I liked the game well enough, playing it long after release with all the bugs fixed. Then I hit the last dungeon and couldn't be bothered to slog through what felt like an eternity of doing the exact same thing over and over.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah I had a good time with it. I think the marketing made people expect more than what they got though (boasting "From the makers of Metroid Prime & Mega Man") it's a decent budget game and thats fine.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Topcyclist

@nick:

the game is pretty cool. The review on-site really hit me weird cause brad talks about bugs...cleaned out now...and the lack of all the cores....all cores were in my game. Hearing you say that the new core was an add on makes me scratch my head. Did the air parts and dungeons just function without that core....was there an update to include new sections. was the story changed. The 2/5 star review seems harsh. The quick look also seemed excessively down on the game for just really having the flaw of being lower budget stretched to seem AAA. The map was barren but expected given the story saying they didn't terraform properly and you have a big grind to try look for all the stuff ie backtracking that's too much given you need half of all cores or so. It be better if that stuff was post-game. Anyway, the game is solid fun for free. But again opinions.

Can anyone find me the podcast back in 2016 that they talked about their feelings on this game. Hard to search for stuff on this site. XD.

Played some more...yeah the grind is real or you just hit too little and it's the same arenas without great tools to get buy. Combat was fun for the beginning...back half of the game is a chore. That said i agree with the crew more thou their Quicklook missed some stuff like saying they wished they had better traversal and you get a little car...maybe it wasn't in the old version. Also, you get all 5 robots but again maybe not in the original. Glitches still here, glitched a boss fight win...besides that the main issue is the plot pushing you to complete it while side stuff is needed to level up so badly. Wish it was like witcher where side stuff was for your fun and the main plot gives the necessary lvls. lol.

6 hours in came to the final boss...yeah Brad's review was fine. Good game but something or rush idk. Anyway for those about to give up you only need 20 cores or so to pass the game. Look up how to glitch pass the doors. Yeah, I get it, that's cheating, but it's not, and your cheating yourself playing this half-finished game. Great game but dang. Brad was right. 3/5 stars thou but I get his disappointment and if I didn't see the ending from a mile away I would be disappointed too....crystals don't talk on their own or ask you to terraform worlds. So much potential. :(