Avatar image for bladeofcreation
#1 Edited by BladeOfCreation (1221 posts) -

Pinkerton was a real organization that had a hand in American expansion in the West. This seems dumb.

Edited thread title from "sue" to "issues cease and desist."

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/red-dead-redemption-2-facing-legal-action-from-the/1100-6464391/?__twitter_impression=true

#2 Posted by SethMode (1875 posts) -

What in the holy hell?

#3 Posted by xanadu (2029 posts) -

The other thing youre missing here: 2k decided to say fuck you and put a lawsuit against the entity trying to give them a cease and desist...because thats how the law works??

#4 Edited by Relkin (1095 posts) -
#5 Edited by dudeglove (13659 posts) -

yay for patent trolling

#6 Posted by Efesell (4253 posts) -

I mean Pinkerton is still an actual thing, sort of, but yeah this seems ridiculous. Trying to fight an unflattering representation of a historically unflattering organization seems a dead end.

#7 Posted by Jesus_Phish (3759 posts) -

Part of me thinks that as we hurdle ever forward into a dystopia, this is just Securitas AB (the current owners of Pinkerton Consulting & Investigations) trying to get some sort of brand awareness. "Hey we're still around and ready to bust open some heads for you guys if you need it".

#8 Posted by sandrawilf (23 posts) -

Rip Rockstar, It's all over now. Pack it up boys

#9 Posted by Fezrock (703 posts) -

The Pinkertons have shown up in a ton of games, movies, tv shows, etc. before, some of them rather high profile (Bioshock: Infinite, the first RDR, a bunch of movie westerns, etc.) and almost always are the antagonists or otherwise look bad. Makes no sense that this is the time they decide to get litigious. But I guess everyone is these days.

#10 Posted by Justin258 (15545 posts) -

So how do they feel about Booker DeWitt?

#11 Posted by Cure_Optimism (72 posts) -

Man, there are just a bevy of fraudulent lawsuits going around these days. Leeches.

#12 Posted by Humanity (18495 posts) -

2K has a lot of money to throw around so this should be good.