Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

I was pleased to see this, until I saw the price.

The PC (DVD, with Steam code) version is £26 on Amazon. The Xbox/PC digital version is £53! Double the price.

I'm really willing and wanting to go fully digital, especially if more games are going to be cross play between Xbox and PC, but not at that price.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Only 26quid for the PC version, sounds like a bargain for me. Also the Xbox pricing is just standard right? The cross play is just an added extra, sucks that it's twice the price on pc but when you factor console publishers cut and the fact there is far less competition and that console gamers are conditioned into paying that much for games it's no surprise. It's not that I agree with it though.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@alistercat: It's back up to £35 on Amazon too now. Good thing I jumped on it when it was £26! (£24 with my prime discount).

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@guybrush: yeah that's what I meant by went back up, on Amazon.

@caesius6: PC boxed releases have been sporadically almost half price in recent years, which has lead to me getting the occasional boxed PC game. I don't know why. It isn't every game but it happens several times a year.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

if the game doesn't suck i'll get it on the windows store then. I do like playing stuff on steam.. but having a free copy on the xbox would be cool.

that said, i'm pretty sure this game will suck and i won't get it any place ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zurv said:

Why do you think that? Is it because of the changes to gameplay they have made, or any specific reasons?

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ezekiel

@zurv said:

Same. I'm surprised RE7 is so liked. The demo is dull.

There's no thought involved in any of the exploration. Find key, bring it to door, find fuse, put it in box, etc. Why do developers keep putting me in generic old houses, as if I haven't seen that countless times before? The recent sci-fi settings (Alien: Isolation, Soma, Routine) are much more appealing. I've seen RE7's creatures so many times before. They're not scary anymore.

I was annoyed when the game trapped me in the tiny basement room with the creature, without a weapon, making me search for a solution while it gradually killed me. Other times, the horror is artificial and predictable. I knew that nothing would hurt me because it's one of those scripted games that wants to present an interactive movie, so I ran around even when I saw the enemy walking by doorways, intentionally hurrying after them. Of course, they disappeared around the corner.

I hated having to literally play the videotape from the perspective of this other character to figure out where to go. Why even do first person if you're gonna break the immersion by making me act out a videotape from another persective? It should be a non-interactive video that you can fast-forward. It's also frustratingly tedious that the tape doesn't continue from where you stop it, making the devs look like they've never used a VCR.

I still prefer third-person. First-person isn't better. It's just different.

Get more creative with your settings and stop making me fight the same old zombies and human spaghetti monsters. Resident Evil should end.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats actually really cool. I haven't played the demo but I'm hoping the full game turns out to be good.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

@ezekiel said:

@zurv said:

Same. I'm surprised RE7 is so liked. The demo is dull.

There's no thought involved in any of the exploration. Find key, bring it to door, find fuse, put it in box, etc. Why do developers keep putting me in generic old houses, as if I haven't seen that countless times before? The recent sci-fi settings (Alien: Isolation, Soma, Routine) are much more appealing. I've seen RE7's creatures so many times before. They're not scary anymore.

I was annoyed when the game trapped me in the tiny basement room with the creature, without a weapon, making me search for a solution while it gradually killed me. Other times, the horror is artificial and predictable. I knew that nothing would hurt me because it's one of those scripted games that wants to present an interactive movie, so I ran around even when I saw the enemy walking by doorways, intentionally hurrying after them. Of course, they disappeared around the corner.

I hated having to literally play the videotape from the perspective of this other character to figure out where to go. Why even do first person if you're gonna break the immersion by making me act out a videotape from another persective? It should be a non-interactive video that you can fast-forward. It's also frustratingly tedious that the tape doesn't continue from where you stop it, making the devs look like they've never used a VCR.

I still prefer third-person. First-person isn't better. It's just different.

Get more creative with your settings and stop making me fight the same old zombies and human spaghetti monsters. Resident Evil should end.

Huh.

I don't know man, "you're on a spaceship where something went wrong" is a thousand times more boring to me than an old mansion, I loved SOMA and Alien: Isolation but I can't think of the last game that took place in a dilapidated southern plantation. The creatures may not be appealing by I'm pretty excited to be chased around by the Bakers.

The demo isn't part of the rest of the game, so it makes sense that it's a little more streamlined. The main game is obviously much larger and more complicated.

And if you're not interested in the VHS concept, I don't know what to tell you. Being able to make decisions in the past that change the present is a fucking cool hook, and it also lets the game have fun with other characters/time periods/etc. and take away your inventory for brief sections.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The demo and what little I've seen of the game's marketing reminds me of The Peacocks episode from the X-Files. I'm going to remain optimistic about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

It really seems like Microsoft doesn't want people to buy an Xbox One. Would not be surprised if the Scorpio is the last console they make. It's not a bad idea for Microsoft to want to get out of console business but their game service still needs lots of work before it is a viable alternative to Steam.

I can't wait to play RE 7 but I can't blame people for being weary especially after RE 6. I like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe and the more deliberate pace especially compared to the last three core RE games.