The Rocket League Tournament is underway!

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rorie

You can find the official bracket here. (All of the seeds were randomly shuffled!) Here is a recap of the rules (there are more here):

Matches are best of five games. Finals, regardless of the elimination format, will be best of seven games.

All matches must use the base Soc-car gametype with default Mutator settings, and must be played on DFH Stadium. No Bots are permitted. Default Mutator settings: Match Length 5 minutes, Max Score Unlimited, Boost Strength 1x, Respawn 3 seconds, Rumble None, everything else Default.

It is up to each team captain to coordinate match scheduling and lobby setup with each other before the given weekly deadline. It is expected that teams will set up a private match lobby, either through a party system or using the name/password option. In the event of any conflicts regarding lobby setup, the first team listed in each matchup will be expected to host the lobby. This is not a strict requirement, however.

The losing team is expected to report the final score (for example, Team A won, 3 games to 2) before the weekly deadline, either through this thread or directly to the tournament coordinator (that would be me, Trace). The winning team may also report the final score, but the match result will not be finalized until a report is received from the losing team.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns! Play your first match anytime before Monday, 5/29 at 5 PM PST and report the results in this thread so that I can log them. If there are any roster changes in the first two rounds, make sure I know about them before you play your match or you may be disqualified. Roster changes will not be allowed for Rounds 3 and onward, so plan ahead if you're going to be going on vacation.

Let me know if there are any questions! I made a Discord for the purposes of coordination, which I called GBTournament. I don't use Discord very much, so I have no idea if that's something you can search for or what. I guess I can link you to it here.

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG PLAYING PING PONG WITH KING KONG IN HONG KONG

xbayyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....al

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there any plans to stream matches from this tournament?

xbayyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WeBurnDaylight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbayyx said:

@rikiguitarist: I'll definitely be streaming my teams when we play

That's awesome! And it looks like our teams are up against each other in the first round! I'll go ahead and put a PM together with both our teams so we can figure out scheduling.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UpperDecker

My team, the Hot Rocket Pockets are going to destroy everyone and everything we run into. I have an amazing team. I got a flyer, I got a destroyer. And then there is me. The one, the only. The masterpiece. Good Luck.

Here's the thing. We just don't lose.

Get ready to cry!

Gibbs0o0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I threw based in sweden a dm on the site, I'll throw one in here as well!

@gravling We are available late night east coast time on the weekdays let me know what works for ya!

xbayyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xbayyx

Streaming our matches at 10 pm EST if anyone wants to watch https://www.twitch.tv/xvebayvx

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

WeBurnDaylight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's with a heavy heart that I report Boost Club took down ThunderCougarFalconBird 3-0 in our matchup. It was a helluva first match, but the second and third were not as kind to us. It was still a blast, though! Well played, Boost Club! We'll just have to claw our way to the top of the loser's bracket, cause that's what a ThunderCougarFalconBird does.

We'll see Team SQUAD or NintenDownload X-press soon!

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evilbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashflood_29: We're currently trying to get our first match scheduled as @bollard and his team are operating on EU time. Right now we're probably gonna play this weekend!

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

DAM beat Puppy Surprise 3-0

Evilbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NintenDownload X-press defeated Team SQUAD 3-1. Good games guys good luck to you in the next round.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@evilbill: Good games! Best of luck to you too!

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Torettos beat Flaccid Reflux 3-0

Patchcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gibbs0o0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based in Sweden wins 3-1 GGs :D

poetry72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ninnyjams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Starbase completely and utterly annihilated Team Schwifty three games to zero (3-0, 8-1, 7-2)

blackmagicwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got RocketLeague ($12 on GamesDeal, can you believe it?) would love to do a tournament like this one day! But...I stink...so I'm going to train a bit...a long bit....a very long bit. lol

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fatalbanana

Need Healing beat Hot Pocket Rockets 3-0. GGs that was fun!

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By UpperDecker

Great job Need Healing! Whole Lotta fun!

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninnyjams: GGs, you guys had some pretty impressive saves. Good luck in your future games.

poetry72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

round 2?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poetry72 said:

round 2?

There are two teams that are having scheduling issues but should be able to get their game done tomorrow. We should be able to start the second round by Friday!

poetry72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I'm not in the tournament but you should link/embed any stream archives here, kind of want to take a look and regret not entering.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fatalbanana

@forcen: I would post mine but my team got trounced. Not fun to watch if you ask me but I'll post it you want.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

@fatalbanana: I guess I'm good, maybe if there was an easy way to share replays like starcraft or something.

CaramelSledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After much anticipation Do You Have A Waffle defeated The Van Buren Boys 3 games to 1.

poetry72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fatalbanana: I watched it while you had it up on twitch, thought it was fun to watch other teams that are in this tournament.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Boost Club falls to the Nintendownload Xpress 0-3

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: Well played Boost Club! Good luck going forwards.

majorziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team DAM lost 3-0 to Team Starbase. GG!

WeBurnDaylight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team SQUAD beat ThunderCougarFalconBird 3-0

Patchcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do You Have a Waffle just barely beat Torettos 3-2.

What a hell of a matchup it was.

shmigheghi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patchcoat: I wish we had recorded it, unbelievable series.

Patchcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patchcoat: I wish we had recorded it, unbelievable series.

Yeah, it was fun. Maybe we'll meet on the field once more towards the end of this tourney.

CaramelSledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After a rowdy comeback, Flaccid Reflux hung on to beat The Van Buren Boys 3-2

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need Healer / Based In Sweden have you played your game yet? I know Rorie has been super busy at E3 so hasn't had a chance to update the bracket but I think your game is the only one that hasn't reported a result from Round 2, and NintenDownload Xpress is awaiting your winner!

poetry72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the idea of this tournament so I'm going to write some.

No we haven't. Seems quite troublesome with a tournament that has both Europe and US players in it. Especially when we are probably adults with jobs/kids/what have you. Tried puzzling it together for little bit more than 2 weeks, we finally found a time for the game. But as the night came for our game, they just stopped answering for that night. Guess something came up. Game was proposed for the next weekend, but then one of our guys couldn't make it.

Then I kinda lost the energy to organize it.

Feels like we need some kind of walk-over rules. For example: Time of the game is announced beforehand here within a week of the start of a new round, if one doesn't show up: 3-0 to the ones who did. If time cannot be agreed upon: Coin toss(ye it kinda sucks, but the tournament needs to continue, right?)

Because right now this tournament feels like its going to take 3-4 months. Maybe thats fine with alot of you, but I lose interest if there is no consequence to postponing it this long. I'm fine with it being a coin toss right now with our game, just as long as the tournament goes on quicker after this.

Perhaps if Rorie is super busy with stuff, someone else can get permission to organize it with his supervision or something. Anywho, my 2 cents.

TL DR: I think this tournament needs some time/walk-over rules.

Bedouin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poetry72: Have you tried to get a hold of Rorie about it? I know chances are pretty slim being E3 at the time and all but the few rules regarding scheduling does mention that.

I do agree there need to be better scheduling rules though especially with the cross continental matches we have going on. Good luck making your game work though.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Rorie's plan was 1 week per round of games, but with E3 this current round has dragged on longer than it should have. I imagine once he's back from that (presumably this week) we should resume a more reasonable schedule.

I feel your pain about the EU/US split - as another EU group we've had to work with our two opponents to find a mutually convenient time at the weekend, but usually around 8pm BST has worked for us on Saturday/Sunday.

I think you're right about there being some kind of forfeit if the game isn't arranged within a reasonable timeframe though. The rules do make mention of a walkover result for scheduling issues:

In the event two teams are unable to schedule a match within the designated timeframe given in the weekly match schedules, it is each captain’s responsibility to contact me as soon as possible. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the match or disqualification from the tournament.

Depending on the circumstances causing the scheduling conflict, the match may be rescheduled. In some circumstances, one or both teams may be forced to forfeit and take a loss.

But again, cause of E3 Rorie hasn't been about to enforce this.

poetry72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bedouin messaged him now. Thanks

@bollard yea, 1 week/round is what I expected too. Seems I missed reading the rules of the timeframe, I had not contacted him right away. Perhaps I didn't think of it too much since round 1 was longer too without any consequence and I accepted that it's how this tournament is. I guess I'm just a bit grumpy since I subscribed to giantbomb solely for this tournament and it has been dragged out on time from the start. It need a little bit of enforcing, lets hope things get back on track after E3.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rorie

I apologize for being a little MIA the last couple of weeks; E3 and then heading out on vacation impacted my ability to handle stuff as quickly as I like. In the future I'll try to deputize a moderator or community member to ensure that things are handled more quickly.

AFAIK the only match still to play involves Need Healer and Based In Sweden who haven't been able to coordinate on a timeslot. One player suggested a coin flip, so unless someone has a better idea or this match can be played before Thursday, I am going to record a coin flip and post the video somewhere to determine the winner of that match, and we can proceed with the next round of play starting Friday. If the winner of that coin flip still has trouble coordinating times with the team they're matched up with in the next round, then I'm afraid that I'll have to count that as an automatic L as I don't want to have coin flips determining too many of these matches.

Going to tag everyone in here so you all know what's up! I'll update the Challonge tournament later today if teams that have already reported wins/losses want to try moving on. Sorry for the hiccup!

NamePlayers
Team Schwifty@ninnyjams
@profdeadpool
@shaduln
Team SQUAD@evilbill
@birdville
@mackenzielittle
Flaccid Reflux@renegadedoppelganger
@juicepockets
@shatteringlast
Boost Club@turboman
@xbayyx