Hey, everybody! It's Shoesday.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff

Okay, look…I'm sorry. That was a terrible pun. But, here's the deal. A couple weeks ago, @wafflestomp shared the idea of creating some New Balance 574's in memory of Ryan. I thought that was a great idea, and I could use some new shoes for PAX Prime 2013 anyway, so I got to work trying to design some on their website. Later, I saw that Max Temkin (Cards Against Humanity) had made some all-white 574's in memory of Ryan and was also encouraging people to buy the same color scheme of the original "Baller Time" 574's. I didn't want to copy that exactly. I wanted to make something that Giant Bomb fans would easily recognize, but maybe not so obvious to "outsiders." And this is what I came up with.

China could not be reached for comment.
China could not be reached for comment.

I never thought I'd own a pair of pink shoes, but here we are. I toyed around with the idea of doing the inverse of these (mostly pink), but decided I wasn't cool enough to pull it off even as a joke.

So, as Max said, it'd be pretty awesome if we had a bunch of people at PAX were rocking Ryan's favorite shoes. If you're interested, you can get some 574's for as low as $50 depending on the color. But, if you want to create your own, it'll run you about $140 or so. Here's some links to saved custom designs.

No Caption Provided

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Milkman

Mine came yesterday too. I haven't wore New Balance since I was like eight but I'm doing it for you, Ryan.

No Caption Provided

Side note: These things are comfy as fuck! I can see why he liked them so much.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You made those?

wat

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Marino  Staff

@jouseldelka: You can design them from scratch on their website by picking what color every piece is and if you want something written on the back. Here.

@milkman: Awesome!

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino: Dig those a lot. I bought these guys 2 weeks ago, and this pair should show up in a couple hours. Planning on getting a custom pair some time later this year, I really like that purple color they have but can't find them in standard pairs how I like them.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

OH MAN...been fiending for some new NEW BALANCE sneakers since my current ones are starting to wear out but they're still comfy though.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As a dude that loves himself some purple, I see nothing wrong with a lil' pink. Keep on fightin' the good fight, homie.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh man. I really like those Saints ones, @marino. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. That's so dumb and tempting.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Shouldn't the U on the middle "uh" be on one shoe and the H on the other? EQUALITY, MAN.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Marino  Staff
Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is so dumb in a way that I'm really digging. If I had the money, I'd seriously consider a pair:

So dumb, so cool.
So dumb, so cool.

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I think I saw on Twitter that John Drake got a pair of these. I wonder if New Balance is noticing this sudden rush on "Baller Time" 574s.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

I think I saw on Twitter that John Drake got a pair of these. I wonder if New Balance is noticing this sudden rush on "Baller Time" 574s.

For some reason, I think they should do a donation drive with CBSi to have a Ryan Davis custom line of 574's......RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I do need a new pair of shoes, and a sick pair of green 574s would be nice, but I'm not sure I'm quite man enough to wear shoes that say "Baller Time"

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Marino  Staff

@bbalpert: I think @epicsteve had some green ones at PAX East this year. I'm pretty sure any color will work.

@gaspower: It'd be cool if there was an "official" model, but considering you can make your own already, that's probably a lot easier.

IcedKayTea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to follow the link to Baller Time and it just redirects to a fresh custom page :(

Could somebody show me a good picture of the shoes or tell me exactly what colors go where?

I'm trying to buy a pair for my boyfriend for his birthday and I want them just right if they're costing $160 dollars.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for bumping this, it reminded me that I still have to order a pair. I had the Baller Time color scheme saved at one point with the intent to pick them up when I had the spare cash, but ended up forgetting. Anyone have the schematics?

IcedKayTea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrPope/status/355007835848994816/photo/1

I found this, but I can't see the rest of the shoe :/

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those are some ugly sneakers

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

IcedKayTea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made this album of what I've come up with, for those of you still interested. I think it's pretty close.

http://imgur.com/a/02U4Q