This game is awesome, except it doesn't have online multiplayer

fujisyusuke808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By fujisyusuke808

No online multiplayer? Engaging in jolly cooperation was one of my favorite parts of Dark Souls, kind of a bummer it's not in this.

At least, legitimately. There's that workaround with local coop and Playstation Share, but it's not enough, I think.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Eh, it's a two-person development studio.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@csl316: So was Apple at one point...

telliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was a bit disappointed by the lack of online play as well at first glance. However I've found that where I might have used summons as a crutch when I ran in to trouble in the Souls games I can't do that here. Being forced to fly solo has made Salt and Sanctuary a very different Souls like experience for me, far more tense when I can't summon for the tough stuff. When Dark Souls 3 comes out I may actually try playing offline to force myself into going on my own and to capture the tension of having no help.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@azrailx: they patched in their multiplayer much later I will admit

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@telliot: I get the whole "summoning is a crutch thing" and I make sure to solo kill any boss before I summon, but on a second play through I absolutely love co-oping "Souls" games. I don't know what it is specifically about it but I find the co-op more fun.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Game would be super broken, there's a dozen or more busted builds for multiplayer; just be happy you can play the game and not have to worry about cancerous shit from other players. If you only mean co-op the same idea holds, how many people could you summon in a row who had greatswords until it grew tiresome?