Jonah is basically Tyler Durden. Lara is a psychopath.

#1 Posted by poperamone (166 posts) -

Having just about finished this up this evening I came to the realisation that this game is about one woman's decent into madness.

Think about it.

Jonah escapes multiple situations far worse than Lara faces and shows up with no real explanation with no sign of harm. On more than one occasion he is able to walk towards floods or explosions only to be fine moments later. He also seems to show up just before terrible and sometimes apocalyptic scale situations happen. The paracite at the beginning is a representation of Lara's sanity. By removing it she has acknowledged on a subconscious level she has no further grip on reality.

Lara meanwhile believes she has caused multiple catastrophic incedents resulting in the loss of hundreds if not thousands of lives. That alone is enough for someone to demonstrate a very lose grip on reality. But the fact she shows little actual remorse for the massive loss of life she believes she has caused shows how deeply disturbed she is. Her only response is to murder hundreds of trinity workers in increasingly brutal ways. Encouraged by her faithful assistant Jonah...

#2 Posted by TobbRobb (6588 posts) -

I haven't even played the games, but I choose to believe this theory 100%.

Do you have one for Nathan too?

#3 Posted by glots (4390 posts) -

If this would’ve been an actual twist in the game, it would’ve had at least one thing that I’d remember about it afterwards.

#4 Posted by hermes (2630 posts) -

That is now my new headcanon...

#5 Posted by ATastySlurpee (685 posts) -

Having just about finished this up this evening I came to the realisation that this game is about one woman's decent into madness.

Think about it.

Jonah escapes multiple situations far worse than Lara faces and shows up with no real explanation with no sign of harm. On more than one occasion he is able to walk towards floods or explosions only to be fine moments later. He also seems to show up just before terrible and sometimes apocalyptic scale situations happen. The paracite at the beginning is a representation of Lara's sanity. By removing it she has acknowledged on a subconscious level she has no further grip on reality.

Lara meanwhile believes she has caused multiple catastrophic incedents resulting in the loss of hundreds if not thousands of lives. That alone is enough for someone to demonstrate a very lose grip on reality. But the fact she shows little actual remorse for the massive loss of life she believes she has caused shows how deeply disturbed she is. Her only response is to murder hundreds of trinity workers in increasingly brutal ways. Encouraged by her faithful assistant Jonah...

As enjoyed the game a lot (All 3 in fact) and I like this theory. Maybe Jonah actually died in the first game.