Best of Giant Bomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run--18, The Finale (Parts 151 to 155)

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Edited By clagnaught

Episode List:

The Best of YouTube Playlist

Alright, time for the grand finale!

This Best Of series for me is both: 1) Finally sitting down and watching the Endurance Run for myself; and 2) Highlighting the funniest or my favorite moment from all 155 parts of their playthrough. Typically I picked the moment that made me laugh the most, but I also wanted to capture what it is like playing this game. (As in having a balance between when certain characters, Personas or mechanics are introduced, Social Links, and dungeon crawling.)

This video features clips from Parts 151 to 155

Highlights from this episode include: summoning Satan, the True Ending, and the end of the Persona 4 Endurance Run

Even with this and other Best Of videos, you should really see this series for yourself. There are almost too many funny moments to cover in a highlight video like this and the Persona games are really entertaining to watch someone else play.

The Persona 4 Endurance Run: Part 001

The YouTube Playlist

I am currently writing and editing a longer write up on this series and a few other Persona 4 related stuff, but for now I just want to say thank you guys for watching this series. I had a ton of fun watching the Endurance Run and editing these videos together, and I hope you guys enjoyed watching them.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Congratulations on finally finishing this!

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

The fact they really did hit 99:59 on the nose is hilarious.

Thanks for this series, duder.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanks for all the work, watching one of these videos inspired me to play the game, three months later I have finished the game and watched the anime, and am seriously considering playing Persona 3 now. Thanks again.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By hans_maulwurf

Thanks so much for your outstanding work with these. I also watched the ER for the first time this year and played P4G myself. It's hard to let go after several months of regularly consuming P4-related stuff. Your videos were a great way for me to get my P4 fix without commiting to another 100 hours of playing it or rewatching the whole ER.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Thanks for all the work, watching one of these videos inspired me to play the game, three months later I have finished the game and watched the anime, and am seriously considering playing Persona 3 now. Thanks again.

If you don't know anything about Persona 3, it is also an exceptional game. It is definitely a darker game and there are fewer "fun" moments (there's no crossdressing pageants or anything like that), but it still has that great dungeon crawling, social linking, persona fusing goodness. I'd say the Persona 3 Portable is the way to go, but Persona 3/Persona 3: FES are also fine. One leg up that Persona 3 has over Persona 4 is the central conflict. Things get really dire in that game, and the way they connect everyone's stories together with the central themes of the game is really incredible. Also, P3 has one of my favorite endings to a game ever. It reaches a level that P4 never does.

I like Persona 4 more, but both games are great and are more or less on the same level for me.

Good stuff! Their playing coy about not knowing the true ending is so much more obvious in retrospect.

I didn't include this clip, but in one of these episodes Jeff mentions that people sent him Hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comic, which spoiled who was the true true culprit for him well before they reached the ending. Watching the Endurance Run, it seemed like Vinny was oblivious to most of the big spoilers. It also didn't seem like Jeff knew Adachi was the killer. Maybe he did know about a few other things, but Jeff at least knew about the gas station attendant.

rkk667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thank you so very much for the highlights to relive this awesome thing.