Civ 6 on switch

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

So will they reduce the number of players and online options for the switch version ?

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Whoa. This is a thing? Awesome! Now let's start the "Thanks but we actually want Civ 5" chant!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

Surprised they're porting one of the main series games instead of either Civilization Revolution II or a follow-up to that.

Would imagine they would have to cut some corners in order to make the load times bearable on the Switch, though I think the actual UI would probably would fairly well.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Presumably it is "just" the ipad version? Recent ipads are probably stronger than a switch (would need to check specs) but smaller screen and lower res probably roughly evens out (doing back of the envelope game dev, of course)

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those 10 minute waits for the next turn are going to be great!

In all seriousness though the turn waits were bad enough on my iPad Pro, which I’m pretty sure has considerably more CPU power than the Switch.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So a fairly intense PC Civ game is going to what is an under-powered handheld - a game that is slow even on a far more powerful IPad?

I can only imagine what the battery life is going to be like running Civ 6 when I can barely get 3 -5 hours of life out of my Switch (depending on the game, Zelda killed my switch often.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never touched any of the Civ games so not for me, but more 3rd party support for Switch is always a good thing!

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems like a bad idea. Even my PC, with an i-6700 and GTX 1070, chugs between late-game turns of Civ 6. I cant imagine they could cut enough to get anything resembling the full game to run acceptably on a Switch.

acharlie1377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the port quality; the fact thta it's coming out this year means the devs have probably already dealt with the load times, and if the Switch can handle (admittedly downgraded) versions of Doom and Wolfenstein, I think it can handle Civ 6. I loved this game on PC, and the only reason I didn't play more was because I don't like playing games on my computer, so I'm extremely excited about this!

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Yeah I'm not convinced that the Switch can run Civ 6 at a reasonable level. They should have just ported over Civ Rev, right?

stingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone used the cross save feature? If so, how did you do it?