This "game" got me suspended from school for three days!

quirkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jeffgerstmann mentioned this on the Bombcast this week, and it gave me a chuckle.

So, my dad had this on a blue 3 1/2" with the words Simu Sex written in pencil on the label.

Being an enterprising young 14 year old I began pedalling copies of this for $5 a pop. Right up until some rocket surgeon decided to fire it up in the school's computer lab. This genius then tells the principal they got it from me, I owned up, royally embarrassing my dad. Turns out the other guy got a five day suspension for running it at school, his parents were also waaaaaaay more conservative than mine so I have no idea how much trouble he got in when his parents found out.

Anyone else get into trouble over games/software growing up?

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@quirkwood: When I was around 11 my friend went to “boobs . com” on my laptop and my mom found out because my AOL child account auto-emailed the parent account when I accessed adult content. I figured out how to turn that off pretty quickly. Fucking AOL narcs.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boy looking at this title I was ready to fire up a report for bots posting shit again.

BAck in high school me and the guys used to have bomberman tournaments in the computer lab during our marketing class. Never got in trouble because our teacher was actually pretty cool

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I put Commander Keen and Wolf3D on all the computers at school in the third grade. Never got in trouble for it!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm... Nope, cant say that i have actually. I remember kids getting in trouble for playing weird games on their ti-80 calculators. Wow, good old days before smart phones.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

Hmm, no never got into any trouble for gaming related stuff at school. That said, I never personally brought anything to school myself that was gaming related aside from when I would let my friend borrow Final Fantasy VI and he lent me Devil May Cry 3. My brother told me that the computer class we had, some other student installed Quake 3 on them all and they played it during class when they got their assignments done, but the teacher caught onto it and took it off soon after. He was a cool teacher mind you, but still not up for Quake 3 being installed on the computers, ha ha. In school, I didn't do many gaming related things honestly. I discussed games with friends, but it was only a few times when someone had a Gameboy Advance or the GameCube I'd play something they had for a short time. I remember during lunch breaks some of my friends would go into science class and hook up the GameCube to play Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I used to get a lot of those demo discs from bargain bins as a kid. Recently came across one of those '20 demo's on a disc' type of CD's which had black box-art with game titles written over it. First one that popped up was a title named Erotic Memory 2. Most surprising of all is probably that i don't recall ever booting it up. I think i didn't know the word 'erotic' yet or something :D The quality of the games on that disc were pretty dreadful though, so i didn't have too many chances to stumble upon that game.

Never got in trouble for it, but it probably wasn't something i should've had as a 5 to 8 year old. maybe...maybe i should get way deep into Erotic Memory 2?

quirkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers