Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dwarf Fortress

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Dwarf Fortress is a single-player, high fantasy simulation game in the style of old ASCII Roguelikes. You can control either a Dwarven clan attempting to build a settlement or a single adventurer in a randomly generated and persistent world complete with its own unique history.

One neat trick to get dwarfs to wear both mates of their socks and boots. (Assign them: socks > boots > socks > boots)

NachoBizNas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By NachoBizNas

After searching the internet, while fiddling around with the dumb ass military menu, I have finally mastered how to get dwarfs to wear socks and boots without them failing to wear either the left or right mate(?) of either pair.

My current uniform is made up of: mail shirts, breastplates, cloaks, cloaks, helms, hoods, hoods, trousers, greaves, gloves, gauntlets, gloves, gauntlets, socks, high boots, socks, high boots, shields, (insert melee weapon). With this order I haven't had issues with dwarfs wearing one high boot and not the other.

The most confusing aspect of this nightmare learning experience, for a newbie like me, was that all the items are referred to in the plural in the uniform creation menu. They actually represent a singular unit for the dwarf to fill to meet their uniform requirement. So, for example, a dwarf with a uniform omitting a second gloves/gauntlets combo may see the dwarf fail to have a full pair of either when you inspect their inventory. It could also see the dwarf, somehow, getting both items correctly. Sometimes majik just happens.

Venting aside, I've come to enjoy dwarf fortress and now I cannot go back to RimWorld.

Zeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

This was one of the bugs that pretty much made me stop playing, probably over a year ago, because I'm crazy obsessive over that kind of thing. I've been waiting since, keeping an eye on the blog updates, hoping once all this artefact and offsite squad stuff is done there might be some time for bug fix patches again, because I'm sure there was more that were bugging me (for example I remember a bug where dwarfs who like pots would end up hording pots, with food in, and carrying them around at all times making them super slow. I think that one may have been fixed at some point.)

NachoBizNas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@zeg: I'm thrilled that the Artifact/Squad Update should be dropping soon-ish. I was just made aware of DF: Masterwork, which appears to have already implemented the squad mechanic through its Orc race. I'm still bearly used to DF, but have you checked that mod out? It's looks very well done from the youtube videos I watched.

You might be waiting a while longer for bug fixes. He still hasn't fixed the cleaning priority bug that was reported in 2012. Have you checked out DFHack's Readme? I used its Clean command to get around the cleaning bug. I looked through it to see if there was a work around for the Pot Buddy Bug and the CleanOwned cmd might be the solution. I would just atom smash the dude, though! :D!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.