Anyone still has to try Sleeping dogs?

Rikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been playing the last of us for the past couple of weeks but I just needed a break from it and decided to give Sleeping Dogs a try since it was just sitting there. I have to say that I was shocked and amazed on how good this game actually is! I was unable to stop playing it for the past 6 hours today. What a fun and great open world game! I never tried it out when it was released and was turned off by the box art at the time

I was wondering if anyone still needs to try this game out and what is stopping you from playing it? If you like open world games everyone should give this game a try.

Sorry for the random post, but after playing the last of us for a while (also great game btw) It was nice to step into a fun/action open world game. I cannot wait to play more of it:) Games are pretty awesomeness:)

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserguy

Aww yiss son, Old Salty Crab

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it when it went on GoD sale a month ago.

I wish I could love it like Vinny does, but it just hasn't grabbed me at all.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I got it through Playstation Plus but it's still just sitting there. Last time I was gonna start I figured I should finish Saints Row 3 first. I did, it's glorious, but now I'm good on open world games for a bit.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im good for sleeping dogs anytime, 2012 game of the year.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to come back to this game, and replay it with all the dlc. But the dlc price on PSN is bringing me down. I wish it'd go on sale.

mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished the main game like 10 minutes ago, I still got all the dlc and bunch of side quest to do.

thdemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Got on Steam Sale. Since Metro wasn't doing it for me, decided to kick it up. This game is fantastic, wish I got into it sooner. The phrase I used before was the mid-step between GTA and Saint's Row that I never knew I wanted.

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By kmg90

I got about 6 or so hours into the main story and got sidetracked with games and life, however I'm slowly going through my backlog of games recently and it's in the 1-2 slot...

What I played of the game I really liked, just was not getting the open world itch at the time playing it

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I picked it up in a Steam sale sometime after xmas and would describe it as 'dope'.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Yes, this is still one of the games I still really want to play before the new consoles hit. I was hoping a version with all the DLC would've come out out or at least be announced by now. Unfortunately with SR4 and GTAV out within like the next month, I may not find room for yet another large open-world game to play. Some day though, for sure. Vinny made this game look like incredible fun.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah, it is really good. It's one of the few open world games I've ever bothered to complete. I thought it was 10 times better than SR3 after playing them both at similar times, it's not so crazy but the gameplay is actually fun.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Got it on PS+ (NA) like in May and beat it in a couple days. It was pretty great and I even got the platinum trophy for it. People should really play it.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By confusedowl

I beat the main story yesterday and really enjoyed it. I got 20 hours out of it doing some side stuff and the DLCs.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By nightriff

After I play Far Cry 3, my plan is start Sleeping Dogs. Hope I fall in love with it like Vinny did

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By Justin258

It was my game of the year last year.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Clonedzero

You know what awesome feature that game had that most games, especially open world games never have? You can just replay any mission you've completed again from the menu. Seriously, more games need to do that.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By DarthOrange

@csl316 said:

I got it through Playstation Plus but it's still just sitting there. Last time I was gonna start I figured I should finish Saints Row 3 first. I did, it's glorious, but now I'm good on open world games for a bit.

I went with Sleeping Dogs first and then I tried to play Saints Row (because of +) and wasn't able to get through it. It plays like ass and I just could not take it. Sleeping Dogs has the best open world game play that I have ever seen (outside of inFamous but that is a different kind of game). The story is also great.

enemaems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My 2nd favorite game from last year, behind The Walking Dead. I've beaten it on PS3 and 360. Working through it on Steam now. Awesome game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zeik

I played the demo and it didn't really do much for me. I might pick it for cheap at some point when I get a better computer, but right now it's not high on my must-buy list.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By csl316

@csl316 said:

I went with Sleeping Dogs first and then I tried to play Saints Row (because of +) and wasn't able to get through it. It plays like ass and I just could not take it. Sleeping Dogs has the best open world game play that I have ever seen (outside of inFamous but that is a different kind of game). The story is also great.

That's actually interesting to hear, since I felt SR3 had some of the best open-world gameplay out there (after tweaking the aiming sensitivity a bit). At least, compared to GTA IV. If Sleeping Dogs is even better I'm even more curious.

Originally my draw to Sleepy Dawgs is that the story is supposedly pretty good. But I can't turn down fun.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Great game. I didn't go for any of the DLC, though. For some reason it isn't very tempting to go back after it's all over.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

It seems like a great game on paper, but I just don't have much interest for urban-open-world games...

I've been tempted, but I just don't know if I'd really play it...

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I bought the DLC a few months ago. I just finished the Halloween one yesterday.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have it, but I'm trying to replay Saints Row The Third, and then I'll roll right into SR4. I'll be kind of open-worlded out by the time I get to Sleepy Dawgs.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Sleeping Dogs is insanely fun. I wouldn't have played a hundred hours otherwise.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By laserguy

I has tried sleeping dogs. I will try it again when I get the ps3 working.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Jeust

Meh I played it for about an hour or two, and the standard fare police undercover plot - overdone especially in movies - killed it for me. It is good gameplay-wise but the story seemed so boring and trivial!

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By artgarcrunkle

It's pretty good, but it's clear that it was a short game with a bunch of bullshit crammed in there to game length. Long unskippable animations when you do almost anything, enemies have way too much health and fighting hordes of guys in areas without weapons/envirokills is just too tedious.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

absolutely one of my top games of the year. it was such a great game to play through. the visuals, the voice acting , and the combat were top notch. very under rated or rather NOT rated because it sits on everyone's shelves.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty good, but it's clear that it was a short game with a bunch of bullshit crammed in there to game length. Long unskippable animations when you do almost anything, enemies have way too much health and fighting hordes of guys in areas without weapons/envirokills is just too tedious.