Too Late for Sleeping Dogs?

FrankNelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I buy a lot of games but here recently I seem to complete the open world games more often. I am soon to be wraping up GTA 5 on XBO, and was wondering if getting Sleeping Dogs would be a bad idea?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Why would it possibly be too late for Sleeping Dogs? It's not like it's an old N64 game that plays and looks like garbage by today's standards, it came out 2 years ago.

Yes, get it. It's an infinitely better game than GTA5.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

No! It would be a great idea!

Sleeping dogs is brilliant, not sure if it's going to be 100% as fun in a 'post gta 5' world but whatever, it's still really good and very different. I loved it so much I got 100% of trophies for it on PS3 and then again on Steam including all DLC's and even to this day sometimes have the urge to jump back in.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Sleeping Dogs is a better game than GTAV, so you should play it.

Lausebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Question answered?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shindig

Its also short in comparison to other open-world titles so you can blitz through it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lausebub said:

Question answered?

@franknelson Please don't take that to mean the game is a buggy mess, it's not.

supertuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's never too late for Sleeping Dogs.

Get it for the PC, it looks gorgeous and you can get the complete edition on steam for $15.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

It is never too late for Sleepy Dogs my friend! Open world game with Batman-style game that is a superb amount of fun! I'm not hugely fond of the gunplay, but it is serviceable.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It has the best combat of any open world game and it doesn't rely on guns all that much. There's a lot to like about Sleeping Dogs. The Definitive Edition was on sale for $10, but even at $15 it's worth it.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's never too late for Sleeping Dogs. The game is great. It looks great on PC, plays great, sounds great .... it's really good. I can't speak to the console experience since I obviously didn't play it there, but I'm sure the core gameplay is intact there and that is really solid. I also haven't played GTA5 yet (the no console thing again) so I can leverage a comparison there, but I feel safe saying that Sleeping Dogs stands on its own just fine.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs when I played it 2 years ago. Great game.

The hand-to-hand combat system is really fun and I wish GTA V would have learned some things from it. I mean, it's basically Arkham, but whatever. The story was also fairly interesting. Haven't played any of the DLC, but I hear there was at least 1 or 2 worth playing.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Corevi
@myketuna said:

Haven't played any of the DLC, but I hear there was at least 1 or 2 worth playing.

Zodiac Tournament and Year of the Snake are worth playing. Nightmare in North Point was a fun halloween themed thing but wasn't that great and the rest were just kinda bad.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@corevi said:
@myketuna said:

Haven't played any of the DLC, but I hear there was at least 1 or 2 worth playing.

Zodiac Tournament and Year of the Snake are worth playing. Nightmare in North Point was a fun halloween themed thing but wasn't that great and the rest were just kinda bad.

Thanks. Good to know. May just hop over to Steam and see what I can get them for.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I disagree that it's better than GTAV, but it's definitely better than GTAIV. Point is, it's a great open-world game. It's not overly long, it's not expensive, and there's some funny DLC if you're into that.

Worth looking into.