Nintendo offering refunds for Sonic Colours on Switch

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Sonic Colours Ultimate has just released on Switch, you just have to look on Twitter and its just filled with videos and screenshots of how messed up it is.

Not posting here as it is a seizure causing video but go see for yourself.

Anyway Nintendo are offering refunds which is wild!

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

I can't think of another example of Nintendo offering a refund. It's pretty insane the videos that are coming out, more intense than even the most infamously glitchy Sonic games!

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Worth pointing out that all platforms seem to be giving out refunds no questions asked now. I think the Switch port is the only one with the intense seizure inducing glitches, but all versions seem to have significant enough issues to warrant refunds.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Hey. Saints Row 3 rerelease. Pay attention.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Do you have a article link or any kind of source for this? I only ask because there seems to be a weird hate campaign against this game going on, like how a lot of the graphical glitches were faked in emulation, that has me really sceptical about any news related to it now.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
@creepingdeath0 said:

Do you have a article link or any kind of source for this? I only ask because there seems to be a weird hate campaign against this game going on, like how a lot of the graphical glitches were faked in emulation, that has me really sceptical about any news related to it now.

Loading Video...

Conspiracy nonsense. Plenty of trusted critics have talked about the issues with the game. Here is a video from KingK, a very good youtube critic that also happens to be a big Sonic fan.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Part of the conversation is that a lot of the findings are from Youtubers and randos online. They can post all the evidence they want, but it won't be enough for some people and I can understand that to a certain degree. I would hope that Nintendo offering refunds and Sonic Team's social media manager commenting on it would at least point skeptics towards realizing there is something to all this though.

For what it's worth, here are a few videos of glitches on the Switch port being posted (SEIZURE WARNING, FOR REAL)

https://youtu.be/Y1QGMYY6bUg

https://twitter.com/Nintendo_NWR/status/1434554416007352321

https://youtu.be/5BvnOJzdXWs

https://twitter.com/MiNado_Meta/status/1434345264983248896

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

A shame. But also is a terribly made Sonic game THAT surprising?

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@noobsauce: I am informed that Colors and Generations were two of the ones to play. So it is sad that one of the recent Sonic games that is generally well-liked has gotten a shoddy port.

This is Twitter hearsay, but I've read one person blaming Sega for a truncated schedule given to Blind Squirrel Games (who, judging from their website, doesn't have much Switch experience).

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@noobsauce: I am informed that Colors and Generations were two of the ones to play. So it is sad that one of the recent Sonic games that is generally well-liked has gotten a shoddy port.

This is Twitter hearsay, but I've read one person blaming Sega for a truncated schedule given to Blind Squirrel Games (who, judging from their website, doesn't have much Switch experience).

The development schedule could explain the issues, but the Playstation and Xbox versions are a mess too, so the studio's Switch experience can't explain the quality in that case.