• 67 results
giliad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By giliad

Poll Rate Spec Ops: The Line (394 votes)

Great 53%
Average 26%
Not so great 7%
Show me the results 15%

So IMO Spec Ops was a pretty great game however what's the general GB consciousness?

• 
nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I'm certainly glad it exists and I appreciate what they were going for, but that doesn't mean I think it's actually good. I was bored out of my mind when I attempted to play it.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried to play it but it was kinda dull and while the concept behind the story was interesting and better than it had any right to be, the gameplay, characters, and setting did nothing for me so I fell off it pretty quick.

Binary Domain is my mediocre 3rd person shooter of choice.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's a game with interesting idea for a story that is rarely seen in video games, but that might be the only thing I can say as a positive for that game.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I've played this game to death, wrote a walk through for it for a freelance gig (for another website), defended it to the death on a GOTY podcast, and overall talked about it with immense passion for more than a year on this website.

Ya, I'd say I thought it was pretty good despite it's flaws.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

It doesn't fit nicely on a scale of bad-to-great. It was not pleasant to play, but I really appreciated the experience when it was done. It deserves a spot on any "required playing" list.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Story is very good but the gameplay is ok but very generic.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've played this game to death, wrote a walk through for it for a freelance gig (for another website), defended it to the death on a GOTY podcast, and overall talked about it with immense passion for more than a year on this website.

Ya, I'd say I thought it was pretty good despite it's flaws.

This is all your fault.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somewhere between great and average, the story was ruined for me a bit, not spoiled, but over hyped, people kept talking about the moment, and so I kept thinking about what they meant and what it could be and the more I heard people allude to it, the bigger I thought it would be, so when it happened, I was kind of like oh, that's it? It's the moment that happens in every war movie ever where they do something terrible and feel bad about it? Oke doke.

But that being said I did really enjoy the story, especially all the little things you can discover on replays, I have no problem with the gameplay, and there was a lot of cool visual stuff. Probably the best story in a war game so far to me. Maybe, at least tied with MW2.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameplay was mediocre, but what the game did with story and narrative i found great.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's a "good" weekend time filler and that's about it really. The experience is basically Journey with more pew pew and a healthy dosage of Apocalypse Now.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'd say not so great. I really liked what the story was trying to do, but it actually felt like a chore dealing with how cheap and generic the gunplay felt while I'm just trying to enjoy the story.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I just started replaying this game for the first time since it came out and it's even better than I remembered. From the first moment on with the hard guitar and the "lets fuckind shoot these fuckers" -attitude which you can see with new eyes knowing what's going to happen... This game is really something amazing, never has anything this subversive been done in this scale in video games.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By avantegardener

It's good, quite clever, not mind blowing.

War is bad, AND YOU WERE ENJOYING IT THE WHOLE TIME.. IN THIS VIDEO GAME, ALSO Joseph Conrad! Huh, I guess your right.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Apparently I voted average but from what I can recall now, I'm leaning more not so great atm.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jerseyscum

7/10

Oh God. Oh God. What the fuck did I just do?

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a real tough time getting through the campaign. I thought the mechanics and level design were incredibly generic. Dug the ending and the white phosphorus moment was kinda neat even though the twist was immediately evident.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just finished it. Amazing game really holds up. If you are going to play it put it on easy, it actually enhances the game and makes you feel even more of a superhero (which you obviously are not) and that feeds into the whole point of the game.