Anyone try the Octo Expansion yet?

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By matatat

I’ve been thinking about picking it up but haven’t seen much coverage on it. I saw a couple reviews of it that sounded positive but I was curious of people’s opinions here. Been wanting to play more Splatoon 2 so it seemed like a good way to get back into it.

Hylian100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Hylian100

It's great, way more variety than the base single player, with some catchy new music and fun writing to boot.

It is pretty challenging too, you might want to play it docked so you only toss a controller instead of the Switch itself. Though there are ways to skip levels for a cost if you just want to get to the end. Though you won't get all the fancy loot without completing every challenge properly.

Though after writing that, I've got better at clearing the levels. Still some frustrating ones (namely the levels where you have to essentially solo a ranked match, but AI opponents assent as tricky as real ones) yet doable. Still much better than the main single player mode though. The boss remixes are quite fun too.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Im interested to hear, I found the SP in the base game to be abysmal, couldn't manage to get past the first few worlds. if they put more production into it maybe id check it out though.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtb08: this is kinda my thought. I got through the first two worlds and was kinda done with it. Wasn’t sure if they could expand single player out into something I would like, or what that would even look like.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Man just imagine an actual open world whimsical painted environment, Ratchet and Clank esque playground to paint. Could have been great

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I’ve played some more and like @Hylian100 said it’s pretty difficult. They come up with a lot of interesting challenges that I’m enjoying. It’s got a weird story that I’m also appreciating. If you’re looking for a more challenging single player I’d recommend this. Definitely a lot more interesting than the shipped single player.

ccpatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Late to the game here, but GB did a Quick Look. Seems promising.

Loading Video...