Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FrostyRyan

Why are there literally zero threads about this?

Spyro and Crash were definitely my childhood favorite PS1 series so when I heard Spyro was getting the same treatment as the Crash remake, I was hyped. I'm a good deal into the first game and it's bringing back very fond memories. The music is great and the gameplay is simple but fun. They took mega liberties with the character designs of the dragons and while I haven't played the sequels yet, I've seen what they did to those characters and I'm mostly all for it. They were very simple designs before but now that we can do more, it's cool they went that extra mile. My favorites are the dragons in the first game. It gives each one some flavor and makes me intrigued to see what kind of character they are even if they just have a few seconds of screen time.

When I was a kid, I never realized how easy the games were. Maybe it's the nostalgia talking but I don't mind at all as an adult. Spyro is just too fun to control and the art style is so colorful and fun.

Anyway, I think this is a good example of a natural character design upgrade vs. one that maybe takes some iffy liberties.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I saw a video of this yesterday and it looks awesome. Never played the series but I really want to now.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By glots

Played the first one a few hours today. Looks real pretty and felt 1:1 with the original, which I last played about two years ago. It ain't exactly challenging in general and the first one is very straightforward, but I'm alright with some easy platforming and gem collecting right now. Makes a nice contrast for the dark & wet weather over here.

No 60FPS on Pro/X nor any HDR, 4K is as fancy as it gets. Seems to run a steady 30 on Pro, don't know how base consoles do.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's one of those games I'll get to eventually. Liked the Spyro games when they were new but have other things on the table now. It was probably the worst time to release it, the same week as the new Pokemon, Fallout and Hitman.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

When these games were coming out my sister was just getting into video games and somehow came across a copy of Spyro which she played pretty obsessively. Because the video game consoles were mine and I was an only child in a sibling's body, I could be pretty rude about reacquisitioning the console once I got home or my homework was done or whatever the case might've been. I also recall being super dismissive of Spyro in general because of its cutesy look and basically casting it aside as the girly game my sister plays. I'm very likely to buy this package at some point given how much I love Insomniac games now (particularly their remake/remaster/revision of Ratchet & Clank) and feel I owe the series a fair shake, but I don't think I'll get it at full price just in case I was always right and the game just isn't for me.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know it was out already, that was quick.
But there's no PC version so i don't really have anything to say.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I loved these games growing up, have such nostalgia for 1 and 2 especially. Never finished 3 when I was a kid, but will get the chance to now!

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pompouspizza

I’ve never played Spyro before but I can’t wait to get this. It looks really awesome.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@glots said:

Played the first one a few hours today. Looks real pretty and felt 1:1 with the original, which I last played about two years ago. It ain't exactly challenging in general and the first one is very straightforward, but I'm alright with some easy platforming and gem collecting right now. Makes a nice contrast for the dark & wet weather over here.

No 60FPS on Pro/X nor any HDR, 4K is as fancy as it gets. Seems to run a steady 30 on Pro, don't know how base consoles do.

I played a little bit of the first one on the base console last night. It's fine, but there are definitely some spots where it gets a little wonky.

Ripto's Rage - that's the second game, for the record - is the one I remember the most. I still have the old PS1 disc but it's so beat-up from over use and basically never being back in its case that it doesn't work particularly well. It's the one that I really wanted to play, but you have to download 2 and 3 in a big-ass update and I didn't have time to download it last night. I'm really looking forward to playing it, although if it doesn't perform particularly well I might hold back and see if the rumored PC release ever comes around (the copy that I played last night isn't mine, it's my brother's). As I recall, the second game gets some pretty wide-open levels, some of them with lots of effects and things happening on screen and such, so the handful of minor performance problems I experienced while playing Spyro 1 might translate to a lot of performance problems in Spyro 2. That's just speculation, though, it might be fine.

I bought the first one as a PS1 classic on PS3 but never played it all that much. I have the original on a PS1 disc and I did finish it back in the day, but only once and I don't recall any of it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Somehow I skipped Spyro back then. But I can say that many PS1 games are still fun despite their simplicity, it's just the graphics that can hold people back. So I'll be looking into this soon enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
deactivated-5c295850623f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing on base PS4 and haven't noticed any dips and load times are fast.

They're simple games but enjoyable ones to destress with at the end of a day.

vorsic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've gotten 100% on the first Spyro several times and I'm close to doing it again on this collection. I plan to do everything in all these games again and I'm having a great time so far.

GAT1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing on a xbox one x and I've noticed quite a few dips in frame rate, anyone else experiencing the same?