I got this game, anyone else?

WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By WonderboyCoz

So I got this game on Saturday and have done the training and 2 of the 6 story missions. The novelty of being on the virtual bridge of a starship is cool and totally what I wanted out of the game but my experience has been purely single player thus far and I think its obvious that getting a crew of 2 or more duders together is where the most fun will be had.

My biggest issue thus far is that I feel like I had to do a bit of work to get the height of the consoles correct by recalibrating a bunch. On PSVR for the record and it seems this game is cross-platform play according to the options menu which is really cool and I feel is key to having a decent number of players in the game.

Let me know if you want to crew up or want to know anything.

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elwood: I would love to serve aboard Captain @brad's vessel.

Also, the prologue mission to the game is the Kobayashi Maru and that was neat. I wonder if a good enough crew would be able to beat it but it seems quite impossible (and rightly so).

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the thing that's gotten me the closest to finally dropping cash on a VR headset - been fantasising about being on the bridge of a starship since I was, like, four - but I'm not there yet, sadly. Glad to hear you're having fun with it, even in singleplayer.

Hope it gets its own VRodeo at some point. I think they mentioned on the podcast that setting up enough VR headsets/consoles/computers to do the game justice - with cameras in place to cover them all - could prove a challenge.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Jeff's tumblr back in May 7.

Seems extremely unlikely that we’d be able to cobble together enough headsets and PCs to do that in-house. Even getting all the space together to hold that many players seems nuts. I’ll take a look at it whenever we get our hands on it and see what we can do.

WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forteexe21: Yeah, they could probably do it PUBG style and have someone at the studio and people at home with headsets but who knows.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Picking my copy up today... After I learn how to play, I'd like to join a crew since I don't know anyone personally who has PSVR!

Doom616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will be getting this later today for vive I am down for a duder crew.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm on the fence. I know it will be boring.. but it still seems cool.

but then i need to pull it out of the box and set it up... hrmm..

WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WonderboyCoz

Im WonderboyCoz on PSN if people are up for playing sometime. Im in UK though so keep that in mind!

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bonorbitz is my PSN. US for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been waiting for a quick look before I get it, hope its ok?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Seems hard to get together but GB just has to do a video.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems hard to get together but GB just has to do a video.

Just put Geordi's visor on Dan or Vinny and have them pantomime if they can't have a proper VR rig to use.

I'm pretty curious about the game, as there's a lot of various areas within Trek they could mine.

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forteexe21

Fingers crossed that Jeff and the gang finds a way because I agree, this needs to have a dedicated video made for it with a mix of the GB's at the controls.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wonderboycoz: So is there a single player option? Do you have to jump between stations?

I also want to play this and after seeing this post I was reminded that game came out already. Its $50, and I'm just not sure how much I would play it. I trust the fine duders here to help piece together a crew, atleast once or twice. I just don't know how beyond twice there is, I guess doing each of the 4 stations once would be cool. I'll get game at some point but not yet, sadly.

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cross platform so we know they have a Vive, Rift and PSVR on the west coast and I thought they were sending another PSVR to the GBE'ers? If not then they need to press gang Will Smith into their stream. Watched a stream of this today on Youtube and it looked fun but most of the fun was in having 3 other friends to play with, the single player wasn't as engaging (engaging get it?? no? must only be me then).

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OtterChaos

I picked this up for my Vive and I like it single player and all. Took a bit of getting used to but the interface actually works in single player well enough but I fear if things get hectic that won't be workable anymore. Anyways I had fun and helpful hints that I learned... If you have a Uplay account with 100 pts in it you can apply those points to a 20% off code and it takes $10 off the price (the code says it isn't for new releases but it worked for me). Most of all if you are using a Vive don't try launching the game via Steam (even though the Uplay store gives you a Steam code to redeem, you download it from Steam but don't launch it from there) because you have to use the Uplay app to get the game to run, at least that was my experience with it. Did some training stuff and tried one random mission that I failed at the end due to non-situational awareness, mission took 40 minutes or so to play but I could do it faster now that I know some of the do's and don'ts.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NTM

I would probably play it if I had VR. Since I don't, I haven't paid any attention to the game aside from seeing it shown at a convention.

WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bofooq: there is solo play and you can jump between stations or give orders to your crew (or a mix of both) and it works pretty well.

Also, Im Wonderboy31 on Ubisoft Club so I think thats how we could play together across different platforms.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll join a crew. Unfortunately I cannot start until tomorrow night. ET. PSN is DirtySkidMarcs.

I would also be down with coop Farpoint

Hicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey picking it up today please add me Snippierhicks on psn

Carnage1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I got it today on the Vive, totally down to join a crew from GB. I'll see how they do cross platform stuff and post whatever is necessary here.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Anyone have a Rift? I put away all of my stuff until I get a bigger place but I'd be down to set up a camera and have a go with some other duders. Let me know and I'll drop my Oculus ID.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BoFooQ

I glad to hear there is at least some kind of single player mode. I just ordered it on amazon, so I'll be up for playing some time this weekend. I love amazon for giving 20% off new games so at $40 I bought it plus I get the disc for trading down the road.

PSN BoFooQ

Carnage1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I assume it works through Uplay? Do you guys that have it on PSVR have to log into Uplay? That's the only way I saw to maybe get a cross-platform friends list.

WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WonderboyCoz

On PSVR (and all Ubi games you can sign into Ubisoft Club which used to be UPlay on console too. This has a friends list so must be how to do a cross platform game with friends.

See my above posts and add my Uplay/Uclub or PSN

UrbanZubr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems pretty cool, has you level up in ranks as you do missions. And I presume will be a great thing to scream at each other about when you finally meet people you play with (in a good memory building way like WoW raiding was). OK tutorial, single player doesn't really let you be every role *permamently*, co no AI captain available is what im saying, which kinad sucks.

Add me on uplay: ZubrUrban

JackBurt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked it up for the Rift. I'm JackBurt0n on there, if anyone wants to add me. PPCOO7 on uPlay. Just played the Kobiyashi Maru on Tactical desk with 3 random guys. It was badass.

-Kevin

indigotravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I bought it yesterday and intend to play tonight. Added you guys on ubiplay. My PSN and Ubi is Indigotravel. In europe though, so not sure if I can play with you. :-)

Ripthruster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought it from Oculus Home. By far the best co-op multiplayer in VR. It's an awesome experience being on the bridge of a starship. Game has good mechanics and missions play out just like a typical Star Trek Episodes. Have finished a few single player missions and 2 Multiplayer.

I'm Ripthruster on UPlay. Feel free to add.

indigotravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just played Kobayashi Maru with randos. This game is fricking cool! Rescued 180 dudes, got a trophy. Hooked!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any vrodeo of this or planned in the future? Vr is too rich for my blood but this game looks like my thing.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is great. It's simple yet there's a lot going on. I played through tutorials and a hand full of random missions. I am happy to see you can play by yourself and order everyone else around as captain or jump to any station to do it yourself. I'm not great at doing this yet, but I'm glad its there so I can play whenever I want without needing others. However, I've had no problem finding random games. You always need 4 players and its only taken me a few minutes to find people. Than everyone can pick what station they want, I've been playing as engineer cause its one of the easier jobs, I think. So far, everyone I've played with has been talking, working together and generally nice... so clearly star trek is answer to world peace.

I've been going back and forth with move controllers and dual shock, I'm on psvr. I like the duel shock more cause you don't miss buttons. You click left and right to auto select from one button to another. With the move controllers you can more quickly switch from one button to another. The bad with the move controller is you don't auto stick to button, I've had times where I'm trying to click something but my hand is to high so I'm click air. You can switch back and forth by just taping either controller which is nice. Currently I'm using move controllers with my dual shock ready in case the action picks up.

adamcboyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been waiting 20 years for a game like this. Add me on Ubi if you want. ADAMCBOYD

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By turboman

Just got it today, willing to play it with some fellow duders. TurboMan on PSN I'm planning to be on tomorrow at 6ish-8.

sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sp

i've been really enjoying this but need to find some other people to really get into it

dm me for my uplay

i'd be down for casual or full on roleplay

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Anyone still playing this? My Uplay name is JedTed25 if anyone cares to add me.

I'd like play the whole campaign with the same group.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried this over a week ago and it was a barren wasteland.