• 126 results
#1 Posted by Sinusoidal (3608 posts) -

Help me spend my money! I've got a five day weekend and everything! (Hooray type-A influenza epidemic! Normally Xmas in Korea is a whopping 1 day off. None when it's on a weekend. Sucks that I had to get it to get the time off, but I'm hopped up on so many meds, I don't care! Tamiflu FTW! [or Hanmiflu as it happens to be called here.])

Ori and the Blind Forest is a sure buy for me. This is the first time that I've seen it for anything less than full price, and they went a whole 50% off. Owlboy dropped 20%, which is nice since it's so new and all, but they're also asking more than usual up front, so...

Austin Walker's 2015 GOTY Invisible Inc is 6'300 won! (That's about $5 US.)

What games do you want? What deals did you find?

#3 Posted by Cerberus3Dog (1021 posts) -

I'm kind of in a weird bind this winter sale. I want games like Doom, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dark Souls, Deus Ex and Just Cause 3 but my PC isn't powerful enough and its either buy less intensive games or put that cash into getting a new video card. Either way I can't play those massive games this year it looks like.

For smaller games I'm looking at:

GameDiscountPrice USD
Ori and the Blind Forest50%$10

Inside

30%$14
Undertale50%$5
Zero Escape33%$27
Banner Saga 225%$15
#4 Posted by Ezekiel (2257 posts) -

I kind of want Rise of the Tomb Raider, even though I'm certain it's mediocre. I gave the previous game a lengthy bad review. It's just that I don't get too many of these action-adventure games, with a nice body to control.

#5 Edited by 49th (3884 posts) -

I've been waiting for Rocksmith to go on sale for 3 weeks as I knew it was coming up soon and I had already bought the cable. It's been tough waiting but I'm looking forward to giving it a try. I haven't played guitar for 7 years so I'm curious how quickly I can pick up songs I used to know how to play.

I also picked up Earth Defence Force 4.1 as I've been watching a lot of streams and it looks insanely fun. A higher discount would have been nice but 35% is enough.

The best part is that I technically didn't spend any real money. I sold my entire TF2 inventory on the marketplace prior to the sale and made £95 in total. I've still got a decent amount left so I might buy GTAV, as the last time I played it was on PS3.

#6 Posted by Laethe (45 posts) -

Hyper Light Drifter (40% off), Jotun (67% off), Stacking (90% off) and Abzu (70% off) are the ones I picked up so far.

Ori is a fantastic game, and at 50% off is a must buy if you like that kind of game imho. Also in the same vein there's Guacamelee at 67% off, another amazing metroidvania game.

#7 Posted by alphasquid (135 posts) -

@ezekiel: I quite liked RotTR but I also like the last one so that probably doesn't mean much to you.

#8 Posted by alphasquid (135 posts) -

I just bought Doom for $20 and XCOM 2 for $30. I'm also looking at Watch Dogs 2 for $20 off but I haven't decided yet.

#9 Posted by Sinusoidal (3608 posts) -

Brothers is 2 bucks.

I guess I finally get to find out if there really weren't ten games better than it in 2013.

#10 Edited by RickRockmann (146 posts) -

I picked up GoNNER for $6.69 to see if it'll fill the procedurally-generated hole in my heart, and it's super good! It's kind of like a sidescrolling Downwell but with a lot more to it? and it's got STYYYYLE for fucking days.

#11 Edited by bybeach (6330 posts) -

I'm getting a number of Indie and small games, plus the Witcher 3 add-on I've seen people going on about. Also Far Harbor, finish up Fallout 4.

I'm thinking Event 0, the Turing test, Virginia, Doom 2 maybe Slain....a number of games.

Perhaps even get some kind of CRPG I then feel out of my depth on.

Oh yes, Salt and Sanctuary perhaps, though I have it on the PS 4.

#12 Posted by TreeTrunk (612 posts) -

So the steam awards sale and winter sale are the same thing this year?

#13 Edited by redyoshi (1426 posts) -

Va-11 Hall-A is on sale, not much of a discount though. I was gonna wait for the Vita version but I might just pick it up now.

#14 Posted by forteexe21 (2014 posts) -

Currently eyeing Stardew Valley, Ori and Hyper Light Drifter but i still have to finish 5 games i am simultaneously playing...

#15 Posted by beforet (3470 posts) -

Okay nerds, here's my haul so far. Basically went through my wish list

Darkest Dungeon - Alex sold this on me. I want that dank cthulhu aesthetic

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Morder GOTY Edition - I wanted to play this so bad when it came out, but never could bring myself to pull the trigger.

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition - Yo you hear that Vergil's in this?!?!

Pathologic Classic HD - I got this game back when it was a broken eastern european game on Amazon. Was barely playable, didn't get past ten minutes. I don't have huge hopes for it being much different now, but back in high school I knew one of the 3 people who played the original, and he sounded like he was in a cult. Feels like something I should play.

Brother: A Tale of Two Son - I live on tears

Tales of Symphonia - As JRPG trash, I feel like I should have an opinion on this series

Pony Island - It was a buck fifty

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - As anime trash, I feel like I should have an opinion on this.

There are other games I'd get, but my PC is starting to show its age. I can't play games like Doom and the Witcher 3 on it the way I would like to, so those are getting relegated to the PS4 until such a time that I can build a new PC.

#16 Edited by mems1224 (2480 posts) -

Don't really see anything I want. Its been this way the last few steam sales for me. Maybe Ill get the PoE DLC to hopefully get me motivated to go back to finishing that game.

#17 Posted by ripelivejam (13078 posts) -

@rickrockmann: that one was really tempting especially after backalar talked about it.

#18 Posted by GorillaBandito (11 posts) -

Honestly if Inside is on any sort of sale get it, runs great on even modest pc setups and was my goty.

#19 Posted by sfw44 (272 posts) -

I got Final Fantasy VII for $5.99 lol, that's probably it for me. I was thinking about getting Watch Dogs 2 or The Division, but I will pass for now.

#20 Edited by MalibuProfen (128 posts) -

Picked up Dark Souls III for stress and Abzû for de-stress upon completion of the former.

#22 Posted by ripelivejam (13078 posts) -

is project cars worth it if i already have the recent forza games and dig them to an extent but am not really that big of a car/racing nut? seems it will look purdy at least.

well more like i really reallydig horizon 3. just seems project cars would be redundant.

#23 Posted by chrjz (519 posts) -

I bought Turok Dinosaur Hunter @ 75% off...

@ezekiel said:

It's just that I don't get too many of these action-adventure games, with a nice body to control.

This made me feel weird.

#24 Posted by OurSin_360 (6107 posts) -

Thinking about hyper light drifter and Torchlight 2(as i'm kinda burning out on grim dawn and want something new that seems to work well with a steam controller). Possibly banner saga 2, but i still haven't touched the first one yet.

#25 Edited by TheVeteran13 (1422 posts) -

Picked up Enter the Gungeon and Doom, digging Gungeon so far, I like it a lot more than Nuclear Throne at least and Doom is still installing because that game is a huge download.

Also if you're thinking about picking up any puzzle game I'd urge everyone to pick up The Talos Principle for 10 bucks, it's fantastic and 100x times better than certain other first person puzzle games.

#26 Posted by Sinusoidal (3608 posts) -

I stopped myself at 13 games. It came to just over 100'000 won, so like $80-90.

• Metro Redux Bundle - Both Metro games for something like $5. Hell yes!
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Invisible Inc.
  • Brothers
  • DOOM (the most expensive game I bought at 21'450 won - $18)
  • ABZU
  • Song of the Deep - Insomniac Metroidvania? Hnnggh!
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
  • Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  • Pony Island - Thanks to @beforet. Never heard of this one before. Looks interesting.
  • The Swapper
  • Undertale

And three weeks vacation right around the corner.

#27 Posted by ripelivejam (13078 posts) -

so are they still doing set discounts for the entirety of the sale, or are there daily deal ish things again?

#28 Posted by TreeTrunk (612 posts) -

Honestly if Inside is on any sort of sale get it, runs great on even modest pc setups and was my goty.

No Caption Provided

And make sure you buy the bundle because it may be cheaper as it was for me :P downloading now

#29 Posted by TreeTrunk (612 posts) -

so are they still doing set discounts for the entirety of the sale, or are there daily deal ish things again?

no because with Steam Refunds there's no point.

#30 Edited by ripelivejam (13078 posts) -

@treetrunk: thought so but wasnt 100% sure and steam makes it seem like there are these specials. thanks.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
#31 Posted by AdequatelyPrepared (2522 posts) -

1 AUD = 0.69 USD according to the paypal checkout. Jesus christ.

#32 Posted by BisonHero (11551 posts) -

@sinusoidal said:

Help me spend my money!

Why not follow the helpful advice of my Steam Store earlier today, and buy six copies of The Banner Saga 2?

No Caption Provided

#33 Posted by probablytuna (5006 posts) -

Was waiting for the Steam Sale so I can finally grab Inside and Firewatch in preparation for Game of the Year deliberations. It's gonna be a great Christmas.

#34 Posted by Choi (706 posts) -

Everyone should get Helldivers for 8€!

#35 Posted by Sinusoidal (3608 posts) -

@treetrunk That seems weird. The Inside + Limbo bundle is more expensive for me than just Inside. 15'120 vs 14'700 won. That's Limbo for 420 won (35 cents?) 420.. huhuhuhuhuhuhuu I wonder what exactly determines this pricing. I never finished Limbo. Great. Here I was thinking I was done.

@bisonhero INCLUDES NEW SURVIVAL MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmm. Your Canadian prices upset me. You're getting better exchange rates in Canada than we are in Korea. I'm from Canada dammit!

#36 Edited by Daiphyer (1531 posts) -

@choi: Can you play that game solo? edit: I meant Helldivers

#37 Posted by Bollard (8132 posts) -

I finally own Tabletop Simulator. In fact I own four copies of it, as I'm gifting it to my old uni flatmates for christmas.

#38 Posted by GiantLennonx_x (388 posts) -

I just picked up Torchlight,Braid, and 1001 spikes and I've really wanted to play those for a long time! :D

#39 Posted by Choi (706 posts) -

@daiphyer: Except starting difficulty levels, I highly doubt it. The game is an excellent couch and online co op game, playing alone kinda misses the point unfortunately.

#40 Posted by Heltom92 (843 posts) -

@ezekiel: I thought Rise of the Tomb Raider was fantastic, but if you hated the last one, I doubt this one will change your mind, even though it is an improvement over Tomb Raider 2013.

#41 Posted by Ezekiel (2257 posts) -

@heltom92 said:

@ezekiel: I thought Rise of the Tomb Raider was fantastic, but if you hated the last one, I doubt this one will change your mind, even though it is an improvement over Tomb Raider 2013.

I don't hate it. I played it four times and completed it. But I found it more and more insipid and now find little joy in it. I'm not the same gamer I was three years ago.

#42 Posted by bson (61 posts) -

I've already bought Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight, and it's awesome if you're into metroidvanias!

I'm also going to buy Shovel Knight for 34%off and Life is Strange for a whoppin 75% off.

Might get Inside, but honestly it looks a bit too much like just a second Limbo, which was alright but maybe ..a little overrated?

#43 Posted by Fezrock (705 posts) -

So far I've picked up Danganronpa, The Room Two, D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, and Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (only 10% off, but I would've gotten it anyway; really wanted to try it out).

There's a bunch of other games on my wishlist that are on sale, but I'm not sure which I'll get. There's Firewatch, Inside, SuperHot, and a few others like that which I'm interested in playing but are short enough that I'm still not sure they're worth the sale price.

And there's the AAA games like Mafia III, Watch Dogs II, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and X-Com 2, which I'm not sure I'm interested in playing in the near future so it might be worth waiting until a future sale where they're even cheaper because the base price isn't $60 anymore. Also I don't want to end up in the situation I did back in 2014, when I got AC: Black Flag, Hitman: Absolution, and Sleeping Dogs on the cheap and I still haven't even installed any of them.

#44 Posted by TreeTrunk (612 posts) -

@fezrock: I've just played around 5 hours of Mafia 3. After the amazing intro it just turned into generic open-world errand-boy game if there was such a thing. The city looks amazing, cut-scenes look great and are exceptionally well acted, and the game does run above 60fps almost all of the time if you remember to turn on unlimited fps in the settings (gtx 1070, i7-6700, 32 gig ram, SSD), apart from some split-second stutters here and there. It's not a bad game but you're not doing yourself a disservice by skipping it imo

#45 Posted by AlisterCat (8049 posts) -

I haven't bought anything for the first year since I started using Steam. I already have too many games.

#46 Posted by mostman (351 posts) -

Wait... no more daily deals? Man, thats a bummer.

I picked up some smaller titles that I've been holding off on:

• Darkest Dungeon
  • Grim Fandango
  • Invisible Inc.
  • Final Fantasy VI

The Giant Bomb influence is strong in this list.

#47 Posted by Fezrock (705 posts) -

@treetrunk: Thanks. Yeah, that's my concern with it. Also, when it comes to AAA games, I still need to somehow finish The Witcher 3; which just doesn't end. I thought it would wrap up pretty quickly after Kaer Morhen, but it just keeps going. So I'm kinda set on big cinematic AAA games for at least the time being.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
#48 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1712 posts) -
#49 Posted by YoThatLimp (2475 posts) -

I nabbed all this for $40

Helldivers

Jotun

Titanquest

Banished

Mad Max

Pony Island

Abzu

#50 Posted by FlashFlood_29 (4355 posts) -

I like that I see people picking up Torchlight 2! Really is a great podcast game! Don't forget to add Synergies 2.0 mod and all the other great mods like the Extra Chunky mod and the other chunks mod. That game has/had great community support and a lot of custom classes.