The Game is out Today!

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How is everyone feeling about it?

I haven't had a lot of time to screw around with it but here are my point form thoughts

• All the games seem to emulate very well and play fast. The games look bright
  • The game defaults to bad backgrounds and scanlines but you can turn them off. The options are universal among all the games
  • No legacy controller support so ps4 sticks only. This feels kinda lazy as most games now support that. Guess im stuck with my hori mini
  • All the games are in freeplay mode so no quarter insert button. Also you cant pick what region of the game so no name switches for us.
  • Online seems to play well though I only got in a couple third strike games (which i got wrecked playing)
  • The extras section are kinda cool. Outside of that options are fairly limited outside of very very basic dip-switch difficulty settings.
  • No plat trophy. The other trophies are basically beat all the games and then a few for getting online wins
  • Street Fighter 1 is utter trash and I dont know how im gonna get that trophy. Its a fun little bonus to see a game many people haven't played

All together I think its worth the price but just be aware at this point with these games playing online is probably a death sentence but if you have some friends or want a quick way to play the games its a good collection.

Anyone else pick it up?

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I got this on Steam and Xbox. Looking forward to trying it out later. I didn't realize they were going all the way back to SF1 with this. Makes sense though. I have memories of playing that at a movie theater arcade (remember those?) and the moves being ridiculously hard to pull off but incredibly powerful if they landed. I'm more of a SFII era guy, with Hyper Fighting being my favorite. I can probably hold my own there, and waxed online in anything later than ST.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Just installed it and the free copy of USF4 that came with it for preordering. I'm pretty pumped as I missed a majority of SF over the years outside of a handful of SF2 matches + my buddy and I have fallen deep into fighting games over the last year.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Redhotchilimist
  • This isn't their fault, but the version of World Warrior I played when I was a kid was on SNES. This version has a weird chun-li color on the character select screen, the music sounds bad and the elephants won't shut up
  • Is there no way to change difficulty on the arcade ladder of these games? Just putting the arcade games in might've been a bad idea for a collection, 'cause the console versions did have some extra stuff that I really expect from any fighting game. I would've appreciated the inclusion of the goodies all these games got outside of the arcade scene. At least lemme turn the difficulty down so I can beat up these goons
  • Mika and Birdie are really unfun characters in Alpha 3, Capcom really saved those guys in SFV.
  • I have a hard time performing motions. I can't even do a Blanka ball consistently in SF2. Inputs in general feel bad - I can't really do 360s in Alpha 3, and in both that and WW I press what is supposed to be a forward/backwards jump and just end up jumping straight up. I can't tell how much of this is Old Game Jank I just didn't notice before, my regular ps4 controller or me being spoiled by the lenient input reading of modern fighting games.
  • Street Fighter 3 Third Strike still feels pretty great! I miss parts of the online edition, but this is the game I can see myself playing a lot.
  • It's awesome how short the load times are
  • I wish they had a sprite/animation viewer for every move, like that Third Strike site, instead of just the frames of a few animations.
  • It's neat to see that old extra artwork in there
Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just tick threw a guy repeatedly online for two rounds with Bison. ST is the best.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Tempted to grab this game along with a Hori Fighting Commander...

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• This isn't their fault, but the verison of World Warrior I played was SNES. This version has a weird chun-li color on the character select screen, the music sounds bad and the elephants won't shut up
  • I have a hard time performing motions. I can't even do a Blanka ball consistently in SF2. Inputs in general feel bad - I can't really do 360s in Alpha 3, and in both that and WW I press what is supposed to be a forward/backwards jump and just end up jumping straight up. I can't tell how much of this is Old Game Jank I just didn't notice before, my regular ps4 controller or me being spoiled by the lenient input reading of modern fighting games.

I forgot to mention the elephants! drove me nuts too.

As for inputs I kinda felt the same way with some moves and I think its more just the different between SF2 and the newer games. I played some other versions of the game this weekend with a buddy of mine and mostly had the same issues but then I popped in SFV and Third strike and had no issues doing Chun Li's bird kick fo example.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How's the input lag for 3S.

Keep reading its higher than the 360 port.

Also Amazon finally shipped my copy.

AKTANE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AKTANE

@hmoney001: I am by no means an expert, but I was able to do my Urien Bnb's first try and fully parried both a Denjin Hadouken and Oro Super 2. The Denjin was across the screen, and not like mid-scuffle so I was really able to test my reaction times. I find like mid-combat its a bit easier to throw in a parry between a frame trap or what have you. (Online)

@gooni I've played about 50 matches of Super Turbo and Third Strike, and only one had the issue above, that is the bad connection basically. When the connection is good the netcode is fine, I have NOT messed w the input lag settings. When the connection is bad, its god damn awful, so basically the netcode is "bad" but if your connection is good its honestly totally fine. and 95% of my matches were good last night.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BradBrains

Does anyone know what is up with thto way they did the preorder bonus?

They offered sf4 as a preorder bonus but it wasn’t an instant thing and they said it would be added “within two weeks of release”

Seems bizarre

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

myke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they get the Hard Punch sound right this time? I'm worried for Vinny.