Arcade Edition Characters

baltimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

In the beginning I bought the base game for PC. Since then I've only ground out enough fight money for one character. When the game updated to 'Arcade Edition' weren't the 1st and 2nd season of character supposed to be rolled into the update? Right now I'm only seeing my one purchased character and Sakura as open. In all modes the characters are locked. Do I really have to buy the first two season packs?

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Only if you bought the Arcade Edition for $40 or something. Not if you already had the game, you will need to buy the character passes for Season 1 and 2 for $10 and $20 respectively.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah if you have the base game the free update will only give you the new modes and gameplay features but none of the season 1 or 2 DLC characters. Source

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

baltimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Thanks Duders!

&%&$&%*(^$%(# Capcom.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks Duders!

&%&$&%*(^$%(# Capcom.

I mean, developers put time and effort into creating those characters. I wouldn't expect them to give away a service-based game's paid content for free.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nnickers: my issue is either make the characters free, stages free, or costumes free but charging extra for all of it just comes off rotten especially when you cant get everything packaged together. The arcade edition should come with everything, even if they needed to charge 60 or whatever.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@oursin_360:

For what it’s worth I’ve never paid for a stage, and I have them all.

Also, there are costumes you don’t need to spend real money on, but I do wish there were more... and that they weren’t like $6 CAD..

You still get FM from playing singleplayer via leveling up characters. Early levels go very quickly too.

Finally... Grind or not, isn’t SFV literally the only modern fighter that even gives you a chance to buy characters with in game money? On top of that the character prices are better or equal iirc.

I’m hoping for some deep discounts on many costumes & colours myself though, so I understand wishing there was more in the box.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@baltimore: That seems a bit harsh. What games release "GotY" editions then also roll that DLC content into previous purchases of the game for free?

@oursin_360: I'd much rather a fighting game let me earn all gameplay-relevant content without spending additional money and pay for cosmetic additions. SFV is the only game on the market that has that option.