#151 Posted by ShockD (2487 posts) -

Oh shit, take that Microsoft!

#152 Posted by lovcol (67 posts) -

Wow... This must be the first time I've seen "PC" and "Exclusive" in the same sentence.

#153 Edited by PrivodOtmenit (553 posts) -

@zzombie13 said:

@westernwizard said:

@zzombie13: What? SF4 and Marvel were both better on the 360.

Really? Okay I guess.

What about it was better exactly? I'm not challenging, just curious what it is that you preferred on the Xbox? I should probably point out that when I played INJUSTICE, MK or SF (and even SFxT), it was almost always vs mode with friends in the same room rather than online so that may be why we have a difference of opinion on the matter. MvC was never my game anyway, so I wouldn't know which version of that one was better. I'll take your word for it on that one.

Both SFIV and Marvel have better graphics on 360 (barely noticeable), less input lag and a smoother online experience.

In fact the PS3 has more input lag than the 360 on every game it seems - there are tests over at Shoryuken which show all PS3 arcade sticks having more delay compared to 360 versions of the same sticks.

I have Marvel on PS3 and well...it's so bad I actually prefer playing the Vita version, the Vita feels like the 360, the PS3 feels so delayed in comparison. Only downside is you can't use any arcade stick on Vita...

#154 Posted by BisonHero (11579 posts) -

So are we thinking this is getting announced at PSX? Does PSX have like a press conference or something?

#156 Posted by StarvingGamer (11518 posts) -
#157 Posted by StarvingGamer (11518 posts) -

@lovcol said:

Wow... This must be the first time I've seen "PC" and "Exclusive" in the same sentence.

Yeah, it's nice to see that Sony is being much more upfront about it now than they or Microsoft have been for the past year-and-a-half.

#158 Edited by Lukeweizer (3303 posts) -
#160 Posted by xyzygy (10595 posts) -

I really can't see this being a permanent exclusive, this series is a staple in... well, the entire culture of video games. It's one of the most recognized and widely played series of all time. How can Microsoft afford to let this slip? I'm kind of disappointed because I won't be getting a PS4 until way later...

#161 Posted by AytchGunna (5 posts) -

@steveurkel: Wasnt Dead Rising 3 only on Xbox and PC? Now PS has theirs

#162 Posted by xyzygy (10595 posts) -

@steveurkel: Wasnt Dead Rising 3 only on Xbox and PC? Now PS has theirs

I'd say that's a pretty big difference. Dead Rising is actually a series that is associated with Xbox, the first having been exclusive and the second game having exclusivity deals with Microsoft. That's a far cry from how many platforms and the audience that Street Fighter has had over its 20 year history.

#163 Posted by AytchGunna (5 posts) -

@xyzygy: I see and respect your side. We will see what happens.

#165 Edited by Psylockerules (42 posts) -

As long as Cammy is in, so am i

honestly if they keep Viper,Abel,Furte, Juri and Hakan that would be great

would love R.Mika and Skullomania but know its hopeless now

#166 Posted by lordofultima (6590 posts) -

Will grab it on PC. And pray for good net code. And pray for an unlocked framerate.

Fighting game and unlocked framerate? Nope. Flat 60 always.

#167 Posted by StarvingGamer (11518 posts) -

Sounds like it's not a timed exclusive, lending more credence to the theory that it's a Bayonetta 2 situation.

#168 Edited by L1GHTN1N (1996 posts) -

They showed gameplay at PSX. Looks like there are destructible stages kinda like DOA5, possibly guard breaks/OTGs? Also PC/PS4 crossplay is great.

Loading Video...

Gameplay video here

#169 Edited by AV_Gamer (1233 posts) -

They just announced it's not a timed exclusive, so no Xbox One. They also announced cross platforming with the PC version, so PC players can play the PS4 players.

Xbox One is sinking fast, which is a shame; they do have a decent fighting game in Killer Instinct.

#170 Posted by SomeJerk (4077 posts) -

Co-developed with Sony, so it sounds Bayonetta 2 as f. This is still weird.

#171 Posted by Nags (189 posts) -

So I'm at the PSX event right now. When I heard the official confirmation of SFV being console exclusive to PS4 (as in co-developed by Sony), I thought of this thread. Taking a break and resting my feet. This is seriously big news. I'm rolling around in a mountain of salt as we speak.

To top it off PS4 and PC gamers will be able play with each other! That's huge :) Sony is absolutely killing the competition.

#172 Posted by akumous (99 posts) -

This is by far a better depiction of what is to come of Street Fighter V than the leaked unfinished videos that were posted previously. Loving the art style but they need more work on it to further differentiate SFIV from SFIV. Good work Capcom, loving the the new combat mechanic.

#173 Posted by Homelessbird (1627 posts) -

Guard break is back! Count me as excite.

#174 Posted by StingingVelvet (595 posts) -

@lovcol: There are probably more PC exclusives than any other type, they just don't get advertised much.

#176 Edited by ThunderSlash (2605 posts) -

Oh wow crossplatform multiplayer. I hope they do this right and find a way to prevent PC-specific exploits/problems. How does the PC version of SF4 deal with macros and people running the game under 60 fps? I know that Mortal Kombat on the PC had a huge problem with the latter, the game would slow down so that both players would be playing the game at the same framerate.

#177 Posted by lovcol (67 posts) -

@stingingvelvet yeah, but they are rarely AAA-titles. And you don't see those words advertised.

#178 Edited by Druminator (1808 posts) -

Am I the only one that sees Street FighterS?

#179 Posted by StingingVelvet (595 posts) -

@lovcol: Well, one man's "AAA" is another man's "AA" ;)

I'd take Divinity: Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity and the new Civilization over any PS4 or Xbone exclusive so far.

#180 Edited by lovcol (67 posts) -
#182 Edited by micemoney (188 posts) -

Well damn. I was looking for a solid reason to finally pick up a PS4 and this out of all things? Crazy. Would have been cool to have SF and Killer Instinct on the same system but meh, what can ya do? If you don't have an arcade stick, Sony's controllers have always been better for fighters than Microsoft's controllers.

The big deal is how this impacts Evo, being that the 360 has been THE system for that event. This is shaking up everything.

#183 Edited by Lothars (60 posts) -

@micemoney: Technically 360 has only been the system for EVO in the last year before that it was PS3's

#184 Posted by StarvingGamer (11518 posts) -

Am I the only one that sees Street FighterS?

Well now I do... thanks.

The big deal is how this impacts Evo, being that the 360 has been THE system for that event. This is shaking up everything.

I don't see that changing. 360 will stay the standard for past-gen and PS4 will (likely) become the standard for current-gen.

#185 Posted by vivifortunia (5 posts) -

Bring back parrying.

#186 Posted by yukoasho (2248 posts) -

I'll be sure to pick up Super Street Fighter V in two years.

#187 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1715 posts) -

@patrickklepek: You might want to update this news story by mentioning that Ultra Street Fighter 4 is coming exclusively to PS4 also and that SFV will have PC and PS4 cross-platform play. Adam Boyes clarified the exclusivity as a full console exclusive.

#188 Edited by s10129107 (1508 posts) -

Am I the only person worried about PC/PS4 Crossplay. I found SF4 to be unplayable on the PC. There were so many people who ran the game maxed out with shitty graphics so that the game played out in slow motion. The framerate on every game seemed different to me. If you don't know what they did is that if somebody's PC couldn't hit a certain frame rate they would slow down the game frame rate so that it moved smoothly in slow motion. It's freaking bazarre. That coupled with the fact that every time i started to win a match on the PC people would ALT F4 out. How do they allow ALT F4 in a fighting game. Street fighter is the only reason i still have a console hooked up. If they allowed crossplay then i would have those same issues even if i had the playstation version.

#189 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1715 posts) -

I'm sure you can pick your opponents and set it to PS4 players only. But why would I want to fight PC players anyway? That's easy mode.

#190 Posted by Zella (1275 posts) -

@l1ghtn1n: There also seems to be some sort of super powered state similar to Instinct in KI it looks like. At about 0:36 Chun Li seems to activate it, adding an effect to her hands and at 0:50 Ryu seems to activate it as well causing a lightning effect. Really hope it is more similar to Instinct in KI rather than X Factor in Marvel.

#192 Edited by Corvak (1971 posts) -

I wonder if this is really Sony buying an exclusive against Microsoft, or that Capcom didn't want to have a separate environment on Xbox - and MS said no to cross platform?

#193 Posted by StarvingGamer (11518 posts) -

@corvak said:

I wonder if this is really Sony buying an exclusive against Microsoft, or that Capcom didn't want to have a separate environment on Xbox - and MS said no to cross platform?

No business would give up millions of dollars in revenue for something like that. Especially not Capcom with their extremely tenuous financial situation.

#194 Posted by Corvak (1971 posts) -

@corvak said:

No business would give up millions of dollars in revenue for something like that. Especially not Capcom with their extremely tenuous financial situation.

Yeah, true. Probably either they can't afford to do it on multiple consoles, or they went to Sony looking for funding to even make the game in the first place. SF is one of their few profitable IPs at this point.

#196 Edited by L1GHTN1N (1996 posts) -

@zella: Seems like once you pop it it makes your moves EX versions, possibly gives you unlimited EX meter for a few seconds kind of like Shadow Frenzy in P4U? Also at about 0:32 when Chun-Li jumps in, almost looks like Ryu is in some kind of stance. Might just be his neutral animation though.

Seems pretty clear this takes place near SF3 as well. Using Denjin Hadokun, Chun getting that air attack that looks a lot like her Super Art 3, looks like Ryu's medium kick at 0:58 is more of the SF3 style / Evil Ryu style than the SF2/4 style. Hopefully this means we can get some more of the SF3 characters in here (Q).

#197 Posted by PhilESkyline (877 posts) -
#200 Posted by Matoyak (485 posts) -

@yukoasho said:

I'll be sure to pick up Super Street Fighter V in two years.

Hrm. You seem to be giving Capcom quite the benefit of the doubt there. In two years, I'd be expecting Ultra Super Deluxe Street Fighter V, not merely super. :P