UPDATE2: Official blog post is out: http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/10/16/zeku-the-ever-changing-ninja-infiltrates-street-fighter-v-on-october-24
UPDATE: Capcom put out his move list in addition to a quick write-up on him. Looks like it was pretty much what it said on the box. The fact that his long slashy kick specials are actually called "Gram" lends more credence to the theory that his storyline in SFV is, in fact, his founding of the Striders. Which is nuts. Glad to see he has a way to stance switch in neutral if necessary and not rely on comboing into V-Skill.
Yep, surprising no one, the 6th and final Season 2 character for Street Fighter V is none other than Zeku, Bunshinryu master and teacher of Guy (and Maki?). Lots of wild stuff to unpack in this trailer and with no official blog post out yet it's time for some good ol' speculation.
- In old-man style he seems to have a command-jump with multiple followups, including a kick, a crossup, and a throw
- He has a series of kick specials that seem to be able to reach about 2/3 screen and cover various angles
- His trigger seems to give him access to a teleport-dash
- Long chains like all ninjas
- His V-Skill(?) seems to be a stance-switch, that also is an attack, and it will be interesting to see if he has a safe way to do it in neutral outside of combos
- Other stance is just Guy, also he gets younger
- I have so many questions!
A stance character that has to work to change stances seems very interesting, but who knows what is actually going on here. Hopefully the official blog post will be up soon so we can get some meatier details.