Worth buying an Xbone for?

yesac2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Watching the reviews and quick looks (and looking at whats coming for both consoles) has me seriously looking at making some shifts and picking up a Xbox. Worth it?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Are there other Xbox One games you're really interested in as well? It's probably not a good idea to purchase a console to play just one game.

yesac2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: Tomb raider, Forza, and it's supposed to be the "place to play" Dragon Age

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It you can see future use with it and can reasonably afford it why not? It's pretty solid, also if you have no interest in the kinect this new sale is pretty hot.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played a ton of it yet, but I'd say no so far. Not that I don't like Sunset Overdrive, I do, but it feels like an A-/B+ to me rather than a home run system seller.

On the other hand if you also want to play Forza Horizon 2 and think there will be other games...well...I really really like Forza Horizon 2 and would say that if you got the XBONE, Sunset Overdrive, and Forza Horizon 2 you probably wouldn't regret it (asuming you have the money.)

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

Is this game by itself worth buying an Xbox one for? I don't think so. Does the Xbox One have a ton of other games out or coming out soon along with Sunset Overdrive that would warrant a purchase? Absolutely.

AlmightyBoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlmightyBoob

@turtlebird95: Tomb raider, Forza, and it's supposed to be the "place to play" Dragon Age

TR will be on everything else after it's xbone holiday exclusivity expires, and the "place to play" Dragon Age is and always has been the PC

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

With the price cut, and then Forza Horizon 2, Subset Overdrive, Master Chief Collection, and the slate of games they have in development right now, I think it's an appropriate time to jump into the Xbox One.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a console and a great controler for 290$ if you buy the bundle... Not matter what people say to you, you can't get any equivalent PC build for those 2 things combined. It's also a great and becoming greater every month all in one entertainment center. But if you already have a PC and don't really care for spending your entertainment time in the living room... it might not be for you nor a good investement for just a few exclusives down the road. I work on a computer all day, I try to stay away from those as much as possible when i get home so for me, the choice was obvious... I got an xbone day one. It's been turned on between 3 and 6 hours everyday since then so it was worth it.

R_Coles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Granted as a second hand user of a xbox one (my friend's xbox one) I don't really think its worth buying a system over. It's great fun but not a system seller. If you have some other games lined up to play on xbox one (Halo collection) than sunset overdrive may be the tipping point.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By notnert427

@ttocs said:

Is this game by itself worth buying an Xbox one for? I don't think so. Does the Xbox One have a ton of other games out or coming out soon along with Sunset Overdrive that would warrant a purchase? Absolutely.

This.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think this will come to PC down the road?

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Vonocourt

Can't recommend buying one for this game alone, but you said you do have other games interested. Rule of thumb for me is a console's gotta have at least six-seven games I'm interested in either already or coming soon before I make the plunge. Granted I didn't follow this at all and got all of this generation day one...but whatever.

This game's pretty fun though, not enough to buy a console for, but to lead the charge of a pack of games, yeah.

FajitaBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FajitaBoss

@spraynardtatum said:

Think this will come to PC down the road?

I hardly think so, if so... it's going to take a while. Insomiac has never release a PC Game, S Stevenson already said like 3 times it won't.

Anyway SSOD is great personal GOTY so far, the xbox is actually a pretty decent machine these days, plenty of games, better OS (IMO), definitely a better online service, Halo MCC, and technically $100 cheaper the following fall, so I'll go ahead and say it is worth it.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it for this game (and Quantum Break) and don't regret it, but especially since you can now get the bundle for $350, I'd say absolutely.

HOWEVER, I would recommend getting a PS4 first, simply because multiplatform games usually perform better on it. But I also don't give a flying fuck about Halo, so there's that.