So initially a lot of the speculation was how far they would go with the remasters of these games since the rumors started floating around. Would they fix the 64 camera, how nice would the updated graphics look? will Sunshine get revamped to try to fix its numerous terrible issues? would the Galaxy games get a new control scheme? Let's see what happened.
- 64 and Sunshine run at 30 fps
- Both untouched outside of resolution bump, just ROM dumps
- 64 runs at 720p docked & handheld (what?)
- No extra features on any of these games
- Judging by the on-screen cursor, Galaxy still requires motion controls
- Galaxy 2 not included in package
- Full price (60$USD, 80$CND)
- Limited run physical and digital, only available til March 31st 2021
Is this the worst case scenario? I can't see this being done any more poorly. I don't think it's hyperbolic to say that this thing is a thrown together, low effort cash grab.