Super Mario Maker Maker Showcase Thread

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Frybird

Super Mario Maker is out today and i as many others should get my hands on it in a few hours (or maybe tomorrow, not sure yet).

I may be a bit premature, but in my excitement i'd like to have this thread to share and talk about duder creations.

So feel free to show off and advertise your selfmade levels!

With the boring power of Google Spreadsheets, all Levels in the Thread will be added here:

Giant Bomb Mario Maker Community Showcase Spreadsheet

You are free to add your Levels yourself here (please be nice and don't try to mess up the table.) I'll lock down parts of the table periodically, so write me a PM if changes need to be made. Add your Levels below the locked part and i'll eventually will add it.

Tip: "Follow" Creators so you only need to enter long codes once per person!

UPDATE:

Picking up on @kcdinc 's good idea, i've added a second sheet to the Showcase Table where everyone can put a link to his Miiverse Posts for easy overviews of thier levels (Uploaded Levels are posted on Miiverse automatically)

Use this Template to add your own!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/[Your Nintendo ID Username]/posts

orborborb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By orborborb

"Ceiling Critters!"

F685-0000-0013-3BF7

"There's probably another 'shroom!"

0E28-0000-0017-AFA0

edit:

No flying turtles, bowsers, springs, mystery doors, sound effects, or attempts to emulate other games or places/things.

"Ceiling Critters" is a single puzzle with (at least) three different solutions that different people will probably think are either too obvious or too hard to see, or (hopefully) just right.

"There's probably another 'shroom" is an attempt at making a level that provides a different challenge each time you play it, so please try it a few times if it seems too easy, it's very tricky to balance.

The goal with both levels is that the player's experience will be more memorable because they won't feel like they were led through a pre-determined sequence.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By TheMasterDS

Malpractice Platform!

5C3B-0000-0012-CACE

Edit: I've had lots of levels since this one, most of which are a LOT better. Just check out the uploaded courses on my profile, you'll find some good ones. Maybe start with them.

Edit: Now there's a Super Mario Bookmark System in place! Check out all my courses! I've made over 25 stages! I'm quite proud of nearly each one, even my first few when I was really just working things out. Cheers!

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By Wraithtek

My preorder should arrive today.

Would it help if people posted what kind of level they made? For example, My World Name - 0000-0000-0000-0000 - Super Mario World, Water level, Slow Autoscroll? Something along those lines.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By colourful_hippie

Has anyone found Jeff's levels? I want to follow him but you can't search by creator. I tried adding Bill City when the ID showed up in the Quick Look but I think the ID was changed when the servers got reset on launch day

EDIT: I had a couple levels made a few days ago but I also recently finished my first ghost house level so please leave me some feedback on that one and/or follow.Thanks!

A Surprise Spooky Soiree: 5430-0000-005A-ED6A

(Ghost House)

Heightened Hijinks: F791-0000-004D-9C79

(SMB1 Underground)

Caped Crusader: 3424-0000-0047-6CB3

(SMW Castle Level)

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre launch stages are gone.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Mario Maker shows up again on UPF.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone found Jeff's levels? I want to follow him but you can't search by creator. I tried adding Bill City when the ID showed up in the Quick Look but I think the ID was changed when the servers got reset on launch day

Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann 54m54 minutes ago

Uploaded my first Mario Maker level. Some simple, smooth fun, I hope? B72D-0000-0016-A15C

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I want to follow Dan too. I'm still waiting for UPS to deliver my game I'll play the courses you guys have made and post ones I make if they seem good enough to share

Avatar image for thekingoftoilets
thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, I was just looking for a Mario Maker thread on GB! First level is all set. Pretty easy though (sucks the additional tools aren't out yet), but if anyone wants a shot at a quick level, mine is "Mario Avalanche", code 5862-0000-0017-F22D.

Also, Jeff's stage was neat! Looking forward to see what else he makes.

Woowookins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first level I made, around 9am this morning when it finished downloading from the eShop.

It's a Super Mario Bros. ground level, called "Woowoo 1-1" (Woowoo cause of "Woowookins"), and no, it's not some 1-1 remix, it's just my world's 1-1. :D As of right now, it has 6 stars and a 21.57% clear rate. It's hard but not crazy. I'm a bit more proud of my other levels (I got 6 uploaded now I think), but this one has the most stars:

232A-0000-0012-FC17

Has anyone figured out what the last row of the items is? Is it just for "Favorites"?

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone should post some screens or video of Jeff's levels so the people without the game can see them. I'm curious to see what kind of levels he makes.

MrCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrCK

Been messing around with the editor for a few hours, man it is hard to make a good level (who knew!). I did finish a fairly basic level playing around with flying that isn't completely awful at least though: AEA0-0000-0018-6E4A. Just a first draft, but I like the potential with using the clouds / clown cars. Also started working on an autoplaying level, but that takes quite some time to get done, not even close to finished yet. Loving the game so can't wait to see what madness people come up with.

@woowookins: The game told me I had unlocked everything and that last row is still empty for me, so I assume it's just a custom row and not anything more to get.

Sarkahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Sarkahn

Bit of a big ask but I'd love to see a video showcase of Staff/User Giant Bomb levels if anyone has the inclination/capability.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wraithtek
No Caption Provided

My first level (after the opening tutorial):

• Between Life and Death
  • D106 0000 001B D929
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • No scroll

Still fairly basic, since I only have the first row of tools unlocked.

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've made a course but I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't hire me for the next Mario game.

"Bounce" - Super Mario Bros.

EE07-0000-001A-401B

Psycosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Trying to come up with short puzzle type levels.

"P-Switch Panic" E3AE-0000-001C-4FCB

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just spent a bunch of time making my second course Mounted Monty Galley. I've very happy with how this one turned out. Let me know if it's too hard, I understand that as the creator it's probably a lot harder than it felt to me.

3994-0000-001C-8203

In case anyone's curious what my angle is I want to make traditionally good levels. They'll have beginnings, middles and end and I try (emphasis on try) to make it reasonably challenging while not bullshit. I don't know if I'm succeeding because, honestly, I don't playtest my levels with people other than myself before they go out. I think that's going to be a huge problem Super Mario Maker has. An abundance of unplaytested levels that are utter bullshit. I hope I'm not contributing to that.

Let me know what you think!

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wraithtek
No Caption Provided

One more for tonight:

• Into a Time of Darkness
  • 3E99 0000 001C BDEE
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Underground
  • No scroll

Now to try some of the ones posted in this thread, before my gamepad battery dies.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't seem to find the course code for a course I uploaded yesterday. I didn't write it down at the time because I had assumed it could be brought up later. Anyone know where that is shown?

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I've made a couple of levels, my first one had to be put on hold once I realized that I couldn't do working pipes yet. So far I've only uploaded one.

6A57-0000-0013-F6A5 It's called "Cheep-Squeeze" 'cause it includes Cheep-cheeps and squeezing between them. Also "cheep" sounds like "cheap". It's an underwater level and has kinda rough parts, as of writing 4 people have played it and no one has finished it.

It was fun to make though because I had to add some elements that disincentivized backwards movement or slow movement since that breaks some parts of the level or can simply fuck you over in unintended ways.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitznock: If you go to Course World and press minus to see your uploaded courses. Press the course you want to enlarge it, then there's a small white button on your level's info that says "ID". Press it and the code appears.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know what a good baseline course completion is? What sort of completion ratio results in easy/normal/hard, etc etc? I'd like to think I made 2 Normal levels but I fear they might end up around hard.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitznock: If you go to Course World and press minus to see your uploaded courses. Press the course you want to enlarge it, then there's a small white button on your level's info that says "ID". Press it and the code appears.

Thank you very much. That is a mighty small button... it's no wonder I overlooked it.

"Jump, man." 81DF-0000-0012-D997
(I need to think up better names.)
It's a relatively straight-forward course. No big gimmicks or tricks. It only has a ~30% clear rate though, so I'm not sure what's up. A big part of it is running over 1 block gaps, so maybe some people don't know that's a thing?

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made my best attempt at a "Mario 1"-inspired level, with access to only the first row of tools. I'll probably refine this concept as I unlock more stuff, but for now...

"Classic Run & Jump" 887A-0000-001D-271A

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

No Caption Provided

"Yes, there are two paths..." 77B9-0000-001C-CF4F

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it seems like i might not get my copy till next week after all : /

But check the first post for a list of every level posted so far!

Thank you for contributing

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheMasterDS

My 3rd Mario Maker stage is dumb. It's called "Spring Eater (Sneaking Mission)". I tried to tell a story (by which I mean lines of dialog) in the comments so enable them if you disabled them. Maybe that'll work. You might not understand if you've not played or watched Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

1638-0000-001E-8C4B

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frybird: Here is my Day 1 level : Sanxion's Day 1 Fun

It's a pretty standard level I guess (I only had the day 1 tools), and just wanted to make something playable, non trolling, and hopefully fun.

7CD4-0000-0018-83FC

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff
deactivated-5ffc9b71f33ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 18

My first level. I don't have any Wii U friends :(

1B75-0000-001A-D9E6

Avatar image for synthesis_landale
synthesis_landale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Here's what I'm calling my 1-1. It's not at all based on 1-1, it's just me basically using 1-1 as a sort of "Hello World" moniker.

CA1A-0000-001C-1246

It's got a bunch of little secrets. I'd love any feedback on it.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phew, I finally finished all of the levels posted in the thread thus far. Psycosis' was the hardest by far. No margin for error there.

I also made a new level myself, that I'm pretty happy with.

Helmet Fort. feat Buzzy Beetle.

F45F-0000-001E-9F55

A straightforward Castle level infested with Buzzy-Beetles and fire!

It's been really fun playtesting it and trying to come up with fixes to keep people from getting stuck or dying unfair deaths.

Avatar image for synthesis_landale
synthesis_landale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@ruethewhirl: I played Close Yet Far. A very good stage overall. One tiny issue, and I may be mistaken here but I couldn't get "Big Mario" past the jump right after the flame jets. He kept hitting his head and missing badly. I think it MIGHT be possible with a running duck jump (ducking before you jump) but I couldn't pull it off if so, but I admit I'm not great at Mario... Anyways, I wasn't sure if that was a mistake or intentional so I figured I would point it out. I was able to make that jump easily as "Small Mario" however. It's a really great stage.

I plan to go back and play the other stages when I have more time.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By boboblaw

I've been making a bunch of levels since Friday and having a lot of fun. Got 8 so far, started real simple on my first level and have, at least I think, been improving since then. Although my first and most simple level is my highest starred level with 4* and I'm not entirely sure why.

Anyway here's some of them:

07F3-0000-0012-5B24 is "First Level with Helicopters!" which is a NSMBU level where I used the helicopter power up to make something simple.

6095-0000-0014-33DC is "Underground Platforms" which is exactly as the title says.

26E3-0000-0016-EF9E is "Flying High". It's a simple level in SMB3 using the racoon suit to fly and its got some moving platforms and whatnot.

AE52-0000-0018-AC5C is an auto scrolling airship level in Super Mario World which I tried to make similar to the SMB3 ones where at the end you go in a pipe and face Bowser Jr. It's my only other level with a star.

4927-0000-0019-6097 is a Castle level in SMB. It's got a big monster closet and some other shit.

AA5D-0000-0021-A0B2 is a short SMB3 level where I messed around with the note blocks.

678A-0000-0022-498A is a SMB level with lots of hopping on Koopas to get across platforms.

I've got a few more but which I can post if you like but they are extremely simple. I probably should've kept this post a bit more simple and only posted a couple but whatever.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

I made a Metal Gear level. The only thing actually Metal Gear about it is the music. But hey, figured I'd give music stuff a shot to see how it's done.

6A90-0000-0022-83BD

AdventFalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By AdventFalls

5FAC-0000-0022-2CAC is an Amiibo level, "Mr. Falcon's Wild Star Road'. The title tells you exactly what to expect.

BAD-0000-0017-533E , or 'Easy as 1,2,3', was built using only the default items in NSMBU. Precision jumping using the Copter Shroom.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Okay, i see maintaining a table at the head of the thread may be a bit to inefficient for the flood of levels to expect....is it possible to have a google spreadsheet that can be visible and maybe even editable to the public?

2. Got my copy today after all, yaaay!

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders, I've made a really simple (I tried using only day 1 things for my first level) underground level, it's not a super hard thing.

The ID is CD34-0000-0023-00C5. It's called Underground Classic.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This sounds awesome dudes! Will definitely get on this when I have some more time with the game later today.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheMasterDS

Just made a morning level! It's called March of the Wayward Spiny and I think it's great. It's a world level with optional Yoshi where Spinys march from right to left while you try to do the opposite. Check it out!

AB54-0000-0023-523D

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Here are mine (I try to make mine simple yet a little difficult). I only have 2 tiers open so far :(

Sky Problems: 2821-0000-0022-442B - Just a short course in the sky.

Dungeon and Bills?!: 05A5-0000-002304E35 - Short dungeon with Bullet Bills.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wraithtek
No Caption Provided

One more SMB level:

• Overcoming One's Grief
  • E8A8-0000-0022-DC57
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Not super difficult, if you're careful. There are one or two cheap enemy placements.
  • Maybe too easy if you grab the Lakitu cloud.

I've also started saving some screens to Miiverse.

Overall, having a lot of fun with the game, both making and playing levels. This morning, I found a great user-made level that was both difficult and designed well. Challenging, but not punishing.

czircon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been trying to make just normal-ass Mario levels that hopefully wouldn't feel too out of place in the early levels of Mario 1: pretty straightforward, not particularly difficult or gimmicky, but hopefully fun. And I'm sticking to using the items as they are slowly portioned out to me without changing my system clock, like a chump.

Gooberton 1-1: 0A88-0000-001C-481C
Gooberton 1-2: 53E6-0000-001C-9B55
Gooberton 1-3: 6AA8-0000-0021-BBDB

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czircon: Not sure about 1-1, the start is clearly the hardest part and can be frustrating, but it's well made :) 1-2 was good too :) Had fun with all of you 3 stages :D

@wraithtek: Really fun little secret in your level :)

@m1k3: Sky Problems has the best ending so far I've seen haha.

@themasterds:That was pretty fun :D

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Here's my first level. It's pretty short and not too difficult (used only basic stuff). I wanted to make a level that had multiple ways of finishing it. I'll expand on that concept in the future, but this was a good test run.

Any Way: 249F-0000-0015-7205

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By colourful_hippie

Beginner's Luck is my first level. It's a basic ground SMW level but watch out at the end.

7306-0000-0021-6583

Edit: Just finished my second level. It's more fast paced hence the title, Run for Your Life. It's mostly underground, no autoscroll.

C9C8-0000-0034-5A63

EDIT 2: I had a couple levels made a few days ago but I also recently finished my first ghost house level so please leave me some feedback on that one and/or follow.Thanks!

A Surprise Spooky Soiree: 5430-0000-005A-ED6A

(Ghost House)

Heightened Hijinks: F791-0000-004D-9C79

(SMB1 Underground)

Caped Crusader: 3424-0000-0047-6CB3

(SMW Castle Level)

czircon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By czircon

@drakoji: Oh yeah, for 1-1, I'd originally intended for you to start on the top level, and going down there to hit the block would be optional. But I guess you can't start the player at a different height... and I forgot to change it. That's probably out of place at the beginning of a "1-1" level at any rate. Thanks for the feedback!

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

I made a Metal Gear level. The only thing actually Metal Gear about it is the music. But hey, figured I'd give music stuff a shot to see how it's done.

6A90-0000-0022-83BD

amazing

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just made another stage, this one is maybe harder, it's a race against a star and you got an obstacle course to get through in time before the star fall in a pit.

3339-0000-0024-D43F