Avatar image for reputablemerman
ReputableMerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ReputableMerman

I enjoy Mario and I am excited about this video game.

Things I'm going to do to pass the time until October 27, Mario Odyssey's release date.

• Sleep
  • Eat
  • Go to work
  • Think about Mario Odyssey

What about you?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'm going to avoid any footage of the game until Friday. I haven't seen anything related to the game since E3; I want everything to be a surprise lol.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By glots

Depends. Got both Wolfenstein and Odyssey heading my way, so whichever arrives first...though even if both would arrive at the same time, I'd probably still start with Wolfenstein, because I've been waiting for that thing since 2014. But I'll likely play them in turns at least if the latter mentioned won't suck me in completely.

I also took friday off from work, which I've maybe done 1-2 times ever during my working life...and if by some crazy chance there'll be a mishap and my order won't make it here on friday, my head will literally explode (and afterwards I'll buy one of those games digitally).

thebisonxrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have work, a baby, and Fire Emblem Warriors to keep me more than occupied until Friday. Then, beginning Friday, I have four days off of work and a pre-order with my name on it. I can’t wait to finally play the new Mario!

I haven’t been paying much attention to the previews, so I’m going in pretty fresh. Based on the little I’ve seen, though, it’s going to be a real dandy. Yep, looking forward to it.

witness0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to preorder it today at Best Buy to get that sweet $10 preorder certificate they give. Combined with the GCU discount already its a great deal. I haven't bought a Mario game day 1 since the first Mario Galaxy. Friday at work is going to suck!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@witness0783: Getting brand new games for essentially $37 feels so good. GCU saves me just as much money as being patient does. In the case of Nintendo, it saves me more because of how slowly those games devalue.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to finish the 20 or so other games from 2017 first.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By FunkyHugo

I’m very, very curious. But I’ll admit, I’m going to play Wolfenstein 2 first.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't buy it as I don't have a job right now. As soon as I get one though: bought.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

It's probably going to be my last big game purchase of the year, which makes the part where there are like 4 other games on my plate easier to deal with. Besides, given that first-party Nintendo games rarely devalue in price (Seriously, my local gamestop is still selling used DS games from a decade ago for $25-30.) I feel like that 20% Amazon discount is the cheapest I'm going to get in the relatively near future.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looking forward to playing it. However, as @kingbonesaw mentioned, I'm a little worried about the influence that Sunshine is said to have on the design. Hopefully they avoid the major pitfall of a shitty camera and that the Cappy ability provides enough possibilities for solving the various platforming puzzles that it won't become an issue. The last Nintendo produced Mario game I played was Galaxy 2 which was really great so I have high hopes for this one even if it stems from a different design lineage. Even After being fairly disappointed with BotW I'm hoping Odyssey will live up to it's ambitions.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I'm stoked for Odyssey! Be careful of spoilers coming out because people are now posting videos of the game before the game is even out. Still, this game looks incredible and this could just get me to buy a Switch.

Superharman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

#14  Edited By Superharman

Comes out the same weekend as PAX Australia. Thankfully I took the Monday off work which will be the day I get to dig into this.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Sackmanjones

I’ve been fighting the urge to purchase all of the games this month with a few thoughts:

Still playing Destiny 2

Gotta finish up Persona 5

Fucking Mario Odyssey comes out this month

Everytime I’m on that purchase screen for evil within 2, Shadow of War and soon to be Wolfenstein 2, just gonna hit these three points in my head. Luckily it’ll be a lot easier once Odyssey is in my switch and I’m possessing bullet bills and goombas to my hearts desire.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finishing up two root canals and a new Mario game on the same day.

I'm all tingly with anticipation.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#17  Edited By MachoFantastico
@linkster7 said:

Ouch, hopefully Mario will cheer you up. Been there myself, hope everything goes well mate.

It's weird I'm not the biggest Mario fan but I'm excited for Odyssey. Super intrigued to see what Dan as to say, noticed he looked like he was eager to talk about it on the latest GBE Playdate, but of course couldn't, I take some positives from that. So many games to play right now, with Destiny 2 hitting PC tomorrow, Assassin's Creed Origins (though I'm waiting for reviews of that), Wolfenstein 2 and Shadow of War to play at some point I'm taking my time.

BrunoFFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkster7 said:

Ouch, hopefully Mario will cheer you up. Been there myself, hope everything goes well mate.

It's weird I'm not the biggest Mario fan but I'm excited for Odyssey. Super intrigued to see what Dan as to say, noticed he looked like he was eager to talk about it on the latest GBE Playdate, but of course couldn't, I take some positives from that. So many games to play right now, with Destiny 2 hitting PC tomorrow, Assassin's Creed Origins (though I'm waiting for reviews of that), Wolfenstein 2 and Shadow of War to play at some point I'm taking my time.

There isn't a world in which Dan isn't EXTREMELY EXCITED about a new Mario game. Hell, he calls Sunshine a masterpiece, imagine what he will say about this one that actually looks to be pretty good. I'd put more stock on Jeff's feelings on the game. Anyway, pretty hyped, should be a good one.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bill_mcneal

I don't need a Switch, I barely have enough time to play the games I do have. Sizeable catalog I still have to play on the Wii-U. Saving up for a new PC.

....Odyssey is making me salivate and look longingly at it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only got this and maybe Xenoblade Chronicles 2 left this year and my long national nightmare of too many good games/not enough time will be over (I hope).

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nicksmi56

I've got my pre-order receipt in its designated spot. It's gonna be a while before I get to it (curse you, backlog!), but when I do, I'm gonna do the same thing I do to every 3D Mario: beat the living crap out of it.

These games just bring out the inner completionist in me. Every star (I think they're moons in this game) WILL be mine, no ifs, ands or buts.

And I'm gonna love every minute ^_^

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually excited for all 3 of the games coming out on this fine friday. I'm super hyped for Wolfenstein because I love FPS especially good single player ones and the first was awesome.

BUT GODDAMN. Mario looks soooo goood. I might go between these two and then end up taking my time with AC by itself over the next month or so. Friday needs to come sooner.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I haven't played a Mario game since Mario 64.

I'm looking forward to Odyssey.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw a link to Gamespot's review and was excited but it 404ed. :(

Gila_Moo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gila_Moo

Anyone else's GameStop is hosting a launch party for Super Mario Odyssey tomorrow (also the new Assassin's Creed and Wolfenstein games)? The one that I reserved mines at will be handing out copies by 11pm Thursday.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I was going to get Wolfenstein and Assassin's Creed the same day and go in order from shortest to longest game, so I assume Odyssey would be the second game after Wolfenstein, but my brother preordered the game and it may be here tomorrow, so I guess I'm going to go through Odyssey first.

stugd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One more day. 3D Mario games are consistently my favorite games. I even like Sunshine. I cannot wait.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get off of work early Friday so I'm gonna go to my Best Buy's early opening and play a little before coming back and diving in fully. I'm pretty happy to finallly have a Mario game since GameCube era for me.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took 2 weeks off work so I could play this game as well as a few others. Just going to avoid playing other games in the meantime so they don't coincide with its release.

morbidpixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-loaded! Unlocking in an hour here in New Zealand!

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I just picked up a switch 4 days ago now do I play this or Zelda? It's been a good month ?

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan's quick look sold me more on the game than any of the pre-release stuff did (even the other GB coverage that was mostly getting excited for nostalgia and corn), but late October is literally the worst time for video games to release in my schedule so it's gonna have to wait. Gonna be playing it the second I'm free again, though.

Brittinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went into work at 6am today so I could be off by 2:30pm and maximize playtime later today and through the weekend. I'm lucky to have a flexible schedule at work. Hopefully Amazon has already delivered the game by the time I get home. Outside of the official Nintendo trailers I haven't watched any gameplay videos or anything, so I'm going into this totally fresh. I can't wait!