#1 Posted by TheChris (464 posts) -

Will Dan Ryckert crush the souls of Vinny, Alex and Abby with the upcoming Mario Party?

#2 Posted by DanishingAct (412 posts) -

Send him out west for super, then reboot the series for the beast crew.

#3 Posted by Hivetyrant (17 posts) -

Send him out west for super, then reboot the series for the beast crew.

I would pay extra for this

#4 Posted by Jurck (51 posts) -

From what I saw of it on the Treehouse stream, it's a much smaller scale Mario Party. The board's absolutely tiny compared to MP 1-8. They also had the turn count set to ten, but they didn't go over the pre-game setup, so no idea what other options there are. Hopefully there are larger boards and a 50 turn option; I want maximum soul crushing in my Mario Party Parties.

#5 Posted by Vortextk (937 posts) -

Can we kidnap Drew?

#6 Posted by Wemibelle (2630 posts) -

It's not a numbered entry, so it doesn't count. Also, the series was established to play all of them up until the most current one, not to be continued for the rest of time. I'd rather everyone make better use of their time and do new content, not just the same thing again--especially when only Dan enjoys it.

#7 Posted by stinger061 (473 posts) -

If I had to guess I’d say it will almost certainly be one of the Christmas videos while everyone is out West.

#8 Posted by Vortextk (937 posts) -

@wemibelle: Only dan? Thousands or tens of thousands of GB fans enjoy Jeff's descent into madness during every mario party.

#9 Edited by TheChris (464 posts) -

What Vortex said. The Mario Party Party marathon is sublime entertainment, and I can’t help but feel when I watch their discontent with the series, when they play them. That some of it is played a bit for laughs (as part of their online personas). Like Dan always being the bad guy etc.

If they really didn’t think said video series was going anywhere, they’d have dropped it halfway through like they did with the Kingdom Hearts thing.

And they can still do other videos, as they are now.

#10 Posted by Quantris (1280 posts) -

It's not a numbered entry, so it doesn't count. Also, the series was established to play all of them up until the most current one, not to be continued for the rest of time. I'd rather everyone make better use of their time and do new content, not just the same thing again--especially when only Dan enjoys it.

The first part of your comment is why this would not be the same thing again. We're talking about Super Mario Party Party, not a numbered Mario Party Party, so get this weak logic outta here

#12 Posted by Schmancy_Pants (28 posts) -

The world needs this. We all know it would be a super Super Mario Party party.

#13 Posted by soulcake (2706 posts) -

"Game of skill"

Dan Rykcert

#14 Posted by Ungodly (446 posts) -

If they were going to do a new Mario Party Party, then I assume it will be something they film at the end of the year, and with the original crew. I wouldn’t mind seeing a new round, especially since Abby is a Mario Party fan, but it isn’t necessary

#15 Posted by hansolol (965 posts) -

On Blue Bombin' they noted that Dan was "out on assignment." There you go.

#16 Posted by Ungodly (446 posts) -

@hansolol: I’m pretty sure that was for Danswers

#17 Posted by TheChris (464 posts) -
#19 Posted by Tetra4 (57 posts) -

Hope they do the 3DS Mario Party game sometime. It has some of the funnest mini games like using the mic to imitate Mario characters

#20 Posted by knoxt (771 posts) -

oh jesus

plane tickets for dan and drew asap

#21 Posted by Humanity (18636 posts) -

Hopefully never!

#22 Posted by Narx (221 posts) -

There's no Mario Party Party without Jeff!

#23 Posted by kblosnack (351 posts) -

I would bet that they'll do something for the end of the year site reunion

#24 Posted by ricobanderas (188 posts) -

I hope Dan and Drew just show up on GB West and nobody bats an eye.

#25 Posted by ashghanistan (9 posts) -

Well it looks like we're getting a quick look very soon, whether that's the extent of the coverage, we don't know

#26 Posted by Undeadpool (6947 posts) -

It'd be a completely different dynamic since Abby loves them and Vinny seems a little indifferent. I think Alex could bring the hate, but it'd be a tough needle to thread again. Which is to say: I still hope they try.

#27 Edited by ripelivejam (13130 posts) -

Not the same with the gbeast crew, but it is what it is I suppose. There can always be a super mario party party later on. Be nice to see Drew back for a bit.

#28 Posted by TheChris (464 posts) -

@ripelivejam: Well if you look at it this way. Mario Party Party was something Ryckert brought with him from Gameinformer, as he forced his coworkers to play that with him too. So now he gets to do it with the East Crew and it could be just as fun.