Anyone Playing this on a Regular 3DS?

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I just tried out this game for the first time yesterday on my friend's 3DS XL and to my surprise, the game exceeded my expectations in almost every way. I really want to buy it now, but I only have a regular 3DS. I'm not sure whether I want to trade it in and spend 100+ dollars extra just so I can play this game. So I'm wondering if that's really necessary. Have any of you been playing/played this game on a regular 3DS. If so, what was your experience like with it? Is the upgrade to an XL necessary to fully enjoy the game? Thanks!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I haven't, but I don't think it's necessary at all, I can see the extra size helping a bit when the camera zooms out a lot and the characters get extra tiny, but other than that I don't see a reason why to get a xl just for this game.

If anything just wait some more, play on your original 3ds for now and when the "new" 3ds xl comes you get that one.

Driam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Driam

It's real hard to see what's going on sometimes. The camera zooms out like crazy in order to keep everything on screen, which really sucks since a lot of the stages have a ton of bullshit going on that you don't need to see unless you're close to it. 100 bucks sounds like a lot, but it might be worth it.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I'm on an oldschool 3DS and I think it's fine, after you adjust to the small screen. I do think an XL will be better, but I'm gonna wait until the "New" 3DS shows up in the US.

McDayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing on a regular 3ds. It's not great, but I'm also not great at it. When it zooms out, I have a real hard time telling what any character's doing: like if they're readying an attack in a certain direction, picking up an item, etc. That also makes it hard for telling when my character has finished an animation or completely landed to time my next action. But again, I'm not great at it right now, and these are things that I expect won't be as much of an issue as I play it more. You ought to be able to download the demo on your system to try it out first.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I'm on a regular 3DS and don't have any issues with it.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#7  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

@afabs515: I haven't played it on the old 3DS, but I would say you especially don't want to trade up for an XL when the New 3DSes are right around the corner.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

For what's it worth, I sometimes think the XL screen is too small to see everything that goes on.

I'm sure it's fine, but I can definitely say I'm glad I have an XL. I think there's still a demo on the eshop, you should try that and see how you feel. Upgrade to an XL when the New 3DS models come out.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Using an OG 3DS. No issues.

Other than it crashing one time.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am playing on one and it's fine.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Fine ninety percent of the time I've played, four player free-for-alls are hard to comprehend at times though, specially on the Warioware stage. I would suggest just holding onto your 3DS 'till the New XL comes out, that's what I'm doing.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Yes but I also have the hand grip attachment which makes it feel ergonomically like a wii pro controller. I'd probably prefer to play it on XL since when the screen zooms out I can sometimes lose my position but I'll just wait till the new 3ds XL comes out next year.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally fine for me so far. Trying to play online is a different story though. Laaaaa-aaa-aaa-ggg.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been playing on and original blue and I don't think it's too bad. I wouldn't grab a new 3ds before that one with the new analog sick comes out next year.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing on an og 3ds and haven't had any issues, I will just wait until the Wii U version instead of trading up to an XL when the new one is around the corner. I find it annoying to hold the og 3ds for a long period of time so I normally play it while it's in the charging cradle that came with it since I have massive hands. I do wish I had a bigger screen though.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I started out playing on the OG 3DS but the screen was just too small so I switched to an XL and I'm having no problems anymore.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's fine and playable. But it does get a little hard to see when people start getting knocked off the stage and it zooms out really far to keep everyone in shot. That's the only time it's not ideal.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the opinions and advice guys. For the record, I got the game and am using my regular 3DS. The only times the screen size is really an issue is when people are at exact opposite corners of the screen or a special event happens and the camera zooms way out. But I feel like it's the same on the XL, just a bit less extreme. I'm still enjoying the game a lot and am definitely happy with my decision. Thanks again for the help.

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@afabs515 said:

Thanks for all the opinions and advice guys. For the record, I got the game and am using my regular 3DS. The only times the screen size is really an issue is when people are at exact opposite corners of the screen or a special event happens and the camera zooms way out. But I feel like it's the same on the XL, just a bit less extreme. I'm still enjoying the game a lot and am definitely happy with my decision. Thanks again for the help.

This is pretty much my experience too (though, obviously advice doesn't matter any more). It's not a problem 90% of the time, and the other 10% it's usually manageable because of name colors. It only really throws me off in team battle mode, when people are on opposite sides of the screen.