It's about to get SUPERHOT in here on the 25th of February.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

Like someone pointed out in the UPF chat yesterday, this thing is already coming out next week. That'll be the...fourth game this year, that I thought wouldn't be releasing 'till maybe sometime late 2016 or 2017??!! This year is completely crazy with games.

I watched few seconds of that trailer myself before stopping. Of course the screenshots have already revealed, that the game kept to the visuals that were already there in the prototype. Back then I was sorta hoping that the final game would have a normal and realistic look to it, like with most other FPS games out there, but I think I'm liking this style as well. Certainly makes it stand out at least.

Let's hope this and Hell Daggers are both signs of some awesome indie FPS games coming our way sometime in the future.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I pointed it out and you're welcome!

Pretty excited myself since apart from the cool gameplay I saw there is some weird Hotline Miami fever dream story attached to this.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this not coming out on Xbox One on the same day as PC?

Looking forward to giving this one a go.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That likes super rad, I only remember some of the early footage from years ago and it looks like they really improved it, super excited for it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's SUPERHOT in here/So shoot guys while time slows/I'll play SUPERHOT/I'm gonna blow some fools up

Or, in the immortal words of Luda: When I don't move, you don't move/Just like that

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I've always liked the visual style of this game, but I remember playing that original game jam release and just being bored to death with it. I'm hoping that they've done something to amp it all up about 10,000 times more than what it was in that. Sure, it was a game jam thing, but it just... I don't know, maybe it didn't click with me. It just seemed like a cool concept that didn't apply itself well into the genre it was trying to use.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: I'm sorry that .. you hate fun.

In all seriousness I do hope the gameplay can hold up in the long run. I specifically avoided playing it in any early form so that it's completely fresh to me when I do finally get to try it. I'm also curious how they will price this and how long will it be. I'm thinking probably $20 and I'd be really surprised if i turns out to be more. I just hope it's more than 2 hours long, or that the gameplay remains interesting beyond that point and introduces new mechanics to remain challenging instead of simply overwhelming you with enemies.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I think that's what it is for me: I don't know if this is a concept that holds an appeal for longer than about ten or twenty minutes. I hope that it does. I like originality being successful, even if it's not something I'm necessarily into.

I didn't have fun with the game jam release, though. It was cool, but not something I walked away from going "yeah, I want to play a lot more of that."

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9 gamer_152  Moderator

I had no idea about this until just now. Visually, this game looks mind-blowing, although like other people in here I hope the gameplay holds up over time. The mechanics seem like the sort of thing that would make it easy to have a lot of variety in level layouts, I hope that's enough.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Naoiko

Oh whoa its going to be out that soon? For some reason I thought it would be way later in the year if not next year. Awesome! I hope it is as awesome as the demo/game jam version was.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember the guys playing it way back, maybe right after the game jam? That's awesome that it's coming out so soon!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like it took a bit too long but better late than never.

Also SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT SUPERHOT

Faltru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. I had totally forgotten about this.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Humanity

If anything I gotta applaud and champion a game like Superhot because it's a small indie project that isn't another 8bit inspired side scroller or RPG with a twist! It's straight up an original idea with a unique aesthetic and visuals. Superhot and The Witness is what I want out of future indie titles, and a definite move away from all this Nintendo styled stuff, which I understand people enjoy, but personally I've had my fill of.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamer_152 said:

I had no idea about this until just now. Visually, this game looks mind-blowing, although like other people in here I hope the gameplay holds up over time. The mechanics seem like the sort of thing that would make it easy to have a lot of variety in level layouts, I hope that's enough.

I'm sort of imagining the levels playing out like a first person hotline miami. Or at least I hope they do, because I think it could work .

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So I totally love everything about this, played the gamejam version and it was awesome, but I gotta say as tiny and unimportant as it is, their little slogan thing is really crap.

"An FPS game where time moves only when you move."

Yep. That sure is the exact premise of your game. I mean would it hurt to do something catchier? If it's not meant to be a slogan why are you putting a one-line summation of your entire concept in the release trailer? Assassin's Creed doesn't have "A 3rd person game where you assassinate people and do some parkour." in their trailers do they? It's just weird.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

SUPER

HOT

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, aside from the Xbox One launch question, is this game going to be on Steam? I tried searching the store to see if there was any pre-order business going on (and to see how much it would cost) and it is not listed?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, aside from the Xbox One launch question, is this game going to be on Steam? I tried searching the store to see if there was any pre-order business going on (and to see how much it would cost) and it is not listed?

No pre-order business, if their own site's to be trusted.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yep. That sure is the exact premise of your game. I mean would it hurt to do something catchier? If it's not meant to be a slogan why are you putting a one-line summation of your entire concept in the release trailer? Assassin's Creed doesn't have "A 3rd person game where you assassinate people and do some parkour." in their trailers do they? It's just weird.

Have you seen how incredibly crowded the indie game market is? I think it pays off to just tell people exactly what your game is. If people are going to see it anyways because it's AC and it has Ubisoft behind it you can afford to get cute with a tag-line.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bwheeeler

@grulet said:
@johnlocke said:

No pre-order business, if their own site's to be trusted.

Which is weird to see, because I definitely pre-ordered it from Humble Bundle three weeks ago. Looks like it's been removed now, who knows why.

Aethelred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no price on the Steam page. Any idea what the price will be?

Also, a Quick Look has just been scheduled for Thursday morning!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUPER

HOT

No actual idea, but I'd say between $20 - 35 is a safe bet.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

It was listed as $15 on the website up until pretty recently.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it's mechanic doesn't wear thin. The little demo browser game was super neat. I think a bunch of different stages of that could be cool, to treat it as a puzzle rather than a quick reflexes. I'm on board for $15 if they play with it in an interesting way.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Less than five hours 'till...

SUPER

HOT

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Loading Video...

Clutch skills at 3:48

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pfft, that timer tricked me. Still gotta wait for a handful of hours to play it. Reviews seem mostly positive at least, good to see two indie FPS games coming out and both of them being fun! I haven't had real good time with a shooter since The New Order.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humble Store seems to be listing the default price at 24.99

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was suppose to be on Steam about 30 minutes ago. Anyone know what's up?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea. I did just buy it from Humble Store and got the key that I already redeemed, so now I'm just waiting for that download to pop.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BeachThunder
SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was suppose to be on Steam about 30 minutes ago. Anyone know what's up?

I was trying to figure it out as well. Needless to say, the Steam discussion for the game is a fucking cesspool of bitching and rampant unjustified indignation. So...I guess par for the course.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they moved the release date back? Who knows, if review copies worked fine then I can't imagine it's anything to do with the game itself. Maybe it has something to do with that Killstagram integration.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#38  Edited By lumley

It's live!!

(as of 30 seconds ago, 1gb install)

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was hoping for $15, honestly. I do want it, but I think I'll wait for a sale.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping for $15, honestly. I do want it, but I think I'll wait for a sale.

I'm with you. I don't think I can justify more at the moment. Q1 this year is filled to the brim with releases...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Help.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was ready to get this the moment it's out, and I still will, but yah the price is kind of a bummer.