Two new Taiko games announced for western release

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Super happy to hear this, it's been such a long time since the last one and now getting two at once makes me so excited. They picked the right time too, the Japanese rhythm game community is bigger and better than ever these days.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Well, I guess that's one spot on my GOTY 2018 list that's been decided.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is awesome I hope they have all the anime songs in it still. I've seen they have One Piece, Dragon Ball and Attack on Titan songs confirmed.

Has anyone seen if we're gonna get a taiko drum controller?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh... I thought this was about Taito.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Puchiko

I suck at rhythm games but want it just for the anime songs...

Also if the Dragon Ball song isn't "Chala Head Cha La" then I will be sorely disappointed

RainbowWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had imported Taiko no Tatsujin for the PS4 last year, and it was a great purchase. I'm guessing it's just a moderate re-localization of it since that game already had nearly complete English translations available? All I know is that Welcome to Japari Park is super fun and I'm glad more people get to play it if that is the case.

Also, I never got DLC to be a thing for my copy and I assume that it's because I would need a Japanese PSN account. I wonder if I could buy DLC here to use for my Japanese game, but that seems unlikely.

JunkerWoland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I slept on the Asian (English sub) release for the PS4, so as long as the track lists are similar and contains the handful of songs I want the most, then I'll definitely grab the PS4 game.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@npcdi: looks like the drum controller isn't happening unfortunately. It's a huge shame, the games lose a lot without it. I'm actually shocked they're even bothering to release the games without it. At least it's very easy to import at this point, the Switch one even has prime shipping on Amazon.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

Oh... I thought this was about Taito.

Same...