TMNT: Shredder's Revenge is the 18th selection of the UUGPGC. Completion date 10/3/22. Spoilers open!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates

EDIT: Spoilers are now open!

Prior Message:

Welcome to the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club. Our 18th game is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge. The target completion date is October 3, 2022.

We ask that until that date you use the forum software to mark any spoilers, either story based or mechanical, in the discussion below. Ideally the bulk of the discussion will occur after October 3, but if you want to comment before then you are welcome to so long as the spoilers are marked. We ask that if you leave a comment before that date you also come back to the thread after it to read other people’s comments and respond to them, though of course we cannot force you to do so.

All are welcome to participate regardless of whether you have stated a preference to or not and there is absolutely no commitment. You do not have to finish the game to participate but please let us know if you have not.

You can find out more about the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club or suggest future games for it here.

What is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge?

A pixel art homage to the classic Konami Turtles beat 'em ups but with some modern updates including a campaign with saved level progression and XP and online multiplayer.

How long is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge?

How long to beat lists it as 2.5 hours long

COWABUNGA!

No Caption Provided
rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I will try to play more of this and contribute! Maybe we could do a big Community Co-Op corner and have people chat on stream about their thoughts if anyone's into it.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I had started this months ago wth some friends, and we just beat it tonight as a party of 3. I think it’s really fun, but I don’t know if we’ll ever return to it.

The animations and music are really top-notch. The devs really put a ton of thought into every detail. We did run into some multiplayer bugs that we encountered a couple months back, but nothing that totally took us out of our fun.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I think that would be an awesome idea if others are into it.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I previously posted my thoughts here .

I like this game a lot and think it's great on Game Pass. I will probably buy a copy to keep at some point because it has replay value and is a fun thing just to mess with. It doesn't quite match the Konami Coin-Op experience in my opinion, probably mostly because of nostalgia but also because I think it's a bit longer than a beat em up should be (though I understand that decision because they're going for sales rather than arcade coins so more content is better.)

Still it's a great achievement to make games like this and I enjoy having one or two top notch new beat em ups per year to play, so my overall impressions were very positive.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

What are people’s thoughts on the final boss? It felt like a major outlier from the others, but not much harder. If it was supposed to dissuade you from the “spam ultimate attack” strategy, then my party of three ignored that entirely.

I also had a good time with the game (it currently sits just outside my top 10 for the year), but I probably won’t return for the collectibles / bonuses.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allthedinos: I feel like when you call a game Shredder's Revenge you have to make Shredder stand out in some way and they tried to do that here. But they didn't want to make things feel cheap like most arcade bosses so they made him a bit underpowered to what he should have been. In the end it felt a little weak but I'm not sure how they could have done it better other than just by executing on the idea a bit stronger. It was fine for what it was?

Arcade brawlers almost never have a big satisfying ending. I really can't think of any that I'd say do. Either the boss is cheap or it's a let down. In general it's a genre where bosses serve more as quarter suckers than fun, well designed, encounters. The fun in these games is in seeing all the fun set pieces and beating up the normal thugs.

That being said I think Rat King was probably my favorite boss.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

You know, I really hate arcade games on PC that have those flashing "NEXT PLAYER HIT START TO JOIN" flashing stuff at the top of the screen? Always bugged me in fighting games and it really bugs me here!

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through this with my partner and another friend at launch. I booted it back up last weekend just to see if my feelings changed, but they didn't. This game is a fantastic time with friends but I found it a pretty middling solo experience.

I don't really have any nostalgia for TMNT since I grew up without TV and my parents weren't willing to spend money on comic books, but my friend who played with me was enamored by all of the bosses we were facing and would often tell us fun facts about them as we were all going hard spamming our supers.

The art design in this game is stunning but there were a couple instances where I would lose my character in the action.

Lastly, we found the game pretty easy (at least with a party). None of us ever had to use a continue. All in all, this is a perfect gamepass game for if you've got some buds over. If you have any affinity for TMNT, you will probably appreciate some of the fan service, too.