Tetris Effect looks stunning (Gameplay).

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

With the recent release of Lumines Remastered, I'd forgotten how much I love me some stylised puzzlers but Tetris Effect is looking like something special. Don't usually care for PSVR but I'd love to experience it with Tetris Effect.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So excited for this. I really hope it supports custom music.

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By oodli

@shagge: I really doubt it, it looks like the game is built around each track with all the visuals around it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oodli: Yeah, I'm definitely not counting on it, but it would be cool for sure. I like the built-in music, so it won't be a dealbreaker if not. God knows I have plenty of other Tetris games for jamming out to custom music with, haha.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing the first trailer for this I started playing puyo puyo tetris again, wondering why I ever stopped. Turns out there's a very good reason:I get hopelessly addicted very fast. I'll look up to it being hours since I last did so, and even when I rip myself away it's all I can think about. Now I once again have to consciously stop myself from playing it until the need goes away. No other game even comes close to doing this to me.

Looking at this gameplay now I fear for my future self's productivity and social life.

Spatta04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow looks amazing, can't wait!

Special_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

So excited for this. I really hope it supports custom music.

Same, so I can put that first song in every level.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Holy shit. That looks hella good. is there any word on PC VR at this point? I'm not gonna shell out for PSVR but I'd love to give this a go with my Rift.

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_nubster: Right now only PS4 has been revealed, so unless you have one, all you can do is hope for a port in the future (like they did with Rez Infinite).

Special_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 99% sure we will see a PC port like we did with Rez.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll come out on other systems in time. Sony's name isn't all over this. Switch is where it'll probably make bank.

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just tried the demo it is sooo good, man I just could not stop playing, the way the music interacts with the game, and the small rumble in sync, can't wait to play the full game, but untill then this demo will be played alot during this weekend :)

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elwood said:

Just tried the demo it is sooo good, man I just could not stop playing, the way the music interacts with the game, and the small rumble in sync, can't wait to play the full game, but untill then this demo will be played alot during this weekend :)

Holy shit, there's a demo out? Ah, shit, I can't believe I have to be at work for, like, 8 more hours. Fuck Red Dead, it's all about the Tetris.

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gkhan: Yep it's only available this weekend though, and it is hidden, not on the main page at the PSN store, at least not here in Europe where I am.

And it even has support for a Second controller so you can add more rumble, yep sure is a Tetsuya Mizuguchi game :)

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This will seem weird but I actual prefer puzzle games that require high levels of concentration to be more barebones. For some reason any puzzler that has cool effects like this that I appreciate from a distance, give me anxiety when I try to play for myself.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I just wish the headphone volume was louder in VR. I wanna crank that shit!!

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's a trademark of Miz games, but the way they integrate the music with the sound is still really cool. I found myself spinning the pieces way more than I needed to just because it sounded so good to do it in time with the music.

Tetris is great, but I kinda just like playing regular marathon. I'm not really into the other gimmick modes. My worry with this is that I'll burn through the Journey mode and then be left with a bunch of other modes I don't really wanna play. Might have to wait a bit before getting this.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That demo is goddamn fantastic, it feels like the next form of what they have been trying to do with lumines.

Im gonna definitely be playing this for months to come

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tetris CEDX.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This felt fantastic in VR. Looking forward to the full release.

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just played this in vr.....and it feels great.

It's pretty good just on the TV too, but vr takes it to another level.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This game haunts me, ineed it now. Hate having to turn on my PS4 though, hopefully we get Xbox or switch port eventually

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I know it's a stupid thought, but I actually considered getting a PSVR for this after playing the demo... for about three hours. This game looks amazing, it's nice to have a reason to dust off my old Tetris skills after my friends got sick of losing at Tetris Battle Gaiden.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great demo. The options to adjust the visuals were very welcome; the line clear effects sometimes got in my way. Customization of any kind is always welcome.

I do wish that there was an extra difficulty setting between Normal and Expert in Journey mode. The former was far too easy, and the latter too great a step up for me. Very minor criticism, though, and may have just been a symptom of the stages being the first three of that mode.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this even worth playing if I don’t have a vr headset?

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

@pompouspizza: I played about 5-6 hours of the demo over the weekend and thought it was fantastic.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looked and sounded great (even on regular display, didn’t dust off VR for this), but I also still suck at playing Tetris.

...buuut it did feel fun to play. Just maybe not at release, what with RDR 2 and soon Hitman 2 on my plate.