The Consequence DLC teaser. Releases on 21st April.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Looks to imply that it'll be more akin to the base game with you more readily equipped with guns and all that shizz. I'll admittedly be a bit disappointed if that's to be the case as I really liked the foundation they built with The Assignment before it... However I also still really enjoy me some The Evil Within combat so I'm sure I'll learn to get over it. Really happy that it's to be released so soon as well, considering how damn long it took for The Assignment to get here.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ezekiel

I'm disappointed too. I don't like the shooting. Firstly because it's not scary and secondly because it's not good. I hope the camera isn't so close while aiming this time. It's disorienting and a dumb way to add claustrophobia. Eyes don't zoom. I'm also sick of having to firmly and constantly hold an aim button in almost every single one of my modern shooters. All of them should have a toggle option. I think modern shooters ruined my right mouse button. I have to keep a lot of pressure on it. Or maybe my fingers got tired. Fortunately, the game allows me to have a second aim button. I made it my spacebar. But I'd still rather have a toggle option.

I'd rather have more creative stealth and puzzle gameplay.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ezekiel

@caesius6 said:

@ezekiel: Just curious, in a TPS, how else would you handle shooting without an aim button? You would have to always be aiming - there's really no way to skip the aim phase. In a FPS that could be possible but I'm not sure there's a place for that in these games.

The zooming in is to help you aim better, as when it's zoomed out to the normal angle, it could be harder to hit enemies depending on the distance. It's also supposed to simulate a "focus" or "aim down sights."

Since you asked about a TPS instead of a horror or action-adventure game, I assume that you spend the majority of this hypothetical game shooting, in which case an aim button is redundant. You already know where you want to shoot with the orientation of the camera. The creators of Max Payne understood this. In Max Payne 3 you only ever have to hold the right mouse button or left shoulder button to aim from cover. It also zooms in, but you seldom have to zoom in. The dot is already in the center of the picture. Requiring the zoom before every shot would slow down the combat.

In a horror game such as this or an action-adventure game, in which shooting is only one aspect, I'd like a toggle option to eliminate unnecessary strain. You press the button once and it stays in that perspective. I also want the zoom to be less extreme. If they want to limit what the player can focus on, I'll take depth of field, as it's still closer to reality and takes less time to adjust to.