Enjoyed the Deadly Premonition Endurance Runs? Last chance to support Swery!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Swery65's newest game has entered the final 24 hours of its Fig campaign. Being realistic here, it doesn't look like it will reach its goal. However! I would still implore anyone who enjoyed his previous work (or the content the Giant Bomb duders created with it) to consider backing anything they can afford. Even $1!

Swery has committed to making The Good Life whether the campaign succeeds or not, and for him to have the best chance of securing other funding after the campaign every single backer can help by showing that there exists an audience for a new Swery game.

Here's the link to the campaign where you can find out more about his unique new game, and pledge to support it: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/the-good-life

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Kinda wish it was also coming out on XB (and I hope it's actually coming out), but with the sour grapes and install base, I understand.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cameron

It's a neat idea for a game, but I just don't trust Swery to actually make a fun game. Deadly Premonition was fun to watch other people play, but playing it myself was frustrating and it really brought down the experience. D4 was better, mostly because it was simpler, but that game was never finished, so it's hard to have a good feeling coming out of that.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I just backed it even though I don't have the money to spare right now, really. This game just looks like exactly what I want and the fact that it hasn't met it's goal yet makes me sad. So, throwing my hat in the ring with everyone's friend Swery :)

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to chip in on the kickstarter later this year

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hassun
Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sure wish I had the money to back it. The world desperately needs more Swery.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minimum $100 to back the fig campaign? That's a bit much. Hopefully he tempers his expectations with the Kickstarter. The world would be a sadder place without Swery making video games in it. Even if I have no interest in playing them.

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sinusoidal: No, that was the minimum to be an investor, not a backer.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pekoe212 said:

@sinusoidal: No, that was the minimum to be an investor, not a backer.

Ahh. That makes more sense. Pretty cool too.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By warpr
redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kickstarter is struggling as well. Not quite halfway there with 19 days left. While it doesn't necessarily look like the type of game I'm interested in, I'm participating to support SWERY.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I skimmed through the video and I'm a little confused as I thought that game was supposed to be about a magical cat or something to that extent, and it's a photography RPG.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I believe the premise is that all the people turn into cats at night, but the main character is a human photographer.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warpr said:

For those interested, the kickstarter is live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/476090608/the-good-life/

Kickstarter is struggling as well. Not quite halfway there with 19 days left. While it doesn't necessarily look like the type of game I'm interested in, I'm participating to support SWERY.

Been meaning to do a new post for the Kickstarter. Real bummer that it is doing even worse considering they set their target for the KS as the amount of money that they previously successfully raised on Fig. I want to see this game realised so badly as the world needs more Swery, but I wish more people agreed...

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I checked the status of the project on Kicktraq (https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/476090608/the-good-life/#chart-exp-projection) and it looks like the high projection is still only about 80% of the goal.

I just want things to work out for Swery.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, it's a bummer to see the kickstarter also struggling. I backed it again on the first day this campaign started and sort of figured it'd be ok this time. Here's hoping there's a late swell of support for the DrinKING. Hoothoot and happy belated birthday Swery.

KavaJava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$25 may not be much but still seems a bit too much to ask. I could see the finished game coming out with a price like $29,99 but they really should consider that people are giving them this money 1,5 years before the game is out.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By circlenine

The Good Life just made its funding goal about half an hour ago, so assuming no massive backer pullouts it's finally happening!

No Caption Provided

Also a just announced stretch goal at $800,800 for a Switch release of the game as well. Seems pretty unlikely to happen given that there are only 52 hours remaining, but it seems like the past 2 days have seen more than half of the funding come into it. So who knows, might actually happen.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@imhungry said:

Man, it's a bummer to see the kickstarter also struggling. I backed it again on the first day this campaign started and sort of figured it'd be ok this time. Here's hoping there's a late swell of support for the DrinKING. Hoothoot and happy belated birthday Swery.

To be honest, today was the first time I had heard about it and I follow him on Twitter and Instagram.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Good for him.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#24 riostarwind  Moderator

Glad to see this get funded. I was pretty much sold on it via the very first reveal trailer. Now we just have to wait and see how the game turns out in a few years.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By imhungry

Incredibly happy to see this get funded. I tried out the demo they released and although its obviously super barebones, the art style, even at this early stage, looks pretty good and the writing feels very much in line with what I want out of a Swery game. Hopefully this turns out to be one of the kickstarter successes.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's only gone and done it. You go Swery!

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's so nice to see it succeeding!

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BBAlpert

Dang, people really pulled through at the last second! When I posted in this thread about 2 weeks ago, it was trending solidly toward finishing at 80%. (from https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/476090608/the-good-life/)