can you ever go back to the first downtown Seattle hub after moving on?

g_rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i did a few side things in the first big Seattle area that's been in all the press, but my partner kept pointing out the ludonarrative dissonance of not pressing forward! so i did and now i can't seem to go back there atm and watching the quick look it seems i've missed the shotgun there 😒 do i have to load an old save?

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

I’m currently at about hour 14 and I really don’t think you’re heading back there

g_rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trulyalive: where's the sad reacc... did you get the shotgun? they'll give me another one right?? they certainly used a shotgun in that early story moment

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

All sadded out on the game I’m afraid!

I did get the shotgun. No idea if it drops elsewhere or not.

g_rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_rex: an update: shotgun got! another one appears at the tv station :)

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

My understanding is that there is chapter select once you finish the game.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ginormous76: The chapter selection is available as soon as you clear any chapter. You can always go back that way, in case you want to see something again, but I don't think that collecting stuff in previous chapters carries over to your current progress, so you can't use it to go back and collect a weapon you missed. Based on prior Naughty Dog games you probably do get credit for the collectibles, like the superhero cards and coins, if you go back and get those, though. There are multiple opportunities to collect the weapons you don't automatically collect, though, so missing a weapon is not a big deal. I think, but am not sure, that the same is true of the training manuals. I believe I missed a couple but by the end of the game I had them all, so some of them may have multiple places where they spawn, which is nice.

The game does have a new game plus option as well.