Tip for the motion control maze shrines

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If you're finding that the movement of your controller and the mazes don't match up:

- cancel out

- hold the switch/controller as flat as you can, perpendicular to you. As if it were laying on a table.

- reactivate the maze controls.

It seems to accept whatever the angle the Switch/controller is at when activated as the neutral flat position. So if you're laying in bed our on your side while laying on a couch, It can be way more frustrating getting it to rotate the way you want than it has to be.

schman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the A-maze-ing tip! I've only encountered one of these dungeons so far on my WiiU, and it nearly drove me crazy. In the end I was able to solve it by turning the WiiU controller upside down, which also flipped the platform over, allowing me to bypass the maze altogether. It was way easier to solve that way, but there are probably a few scenarios where that isn't a viable option.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I found that on some of the puzzles it felt like the calibration was becoming more inaccurate as time went on, kind of like what was happening to the Bomb Crew with PSVR. It became really annoying when going back to my starting hand position still resulted in the maze being at a slight angle, so I constantly had to cancel out to recalibrate. Only time I was really frustrated with the game...

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schman42 said:

Thanks for the A-maze-ing tip! I've only encountered one of these dungeons so far on my WiiU, and it nearly drove me crazy. In the end I was able to solve it by turning the WiiU controller upside down, which also flipped the platform over, allowing me to bypass the maze altogether. It was way easier to solve that way, but there are probably a few scenarios where that isn't a viable option.

This is the hardest one that I have found and I got so frustrated with it that my husband ended up doing it, and it still took him 10 solid minutes. He ended up tipping the controller towards himself to make the ball almost fall out, then flipping it violently away so that it would flip out and land at the end of the puzzle. Then all he had to do was flip it out the left side. Of all of the contraption puzzles, this one is the most annoying by far. I think I've done 4-5 total so far, for perspective.

The tip is super helpful and I find myself always just cancelling out and restarting when I feel like it's somehow even a bit "off" because it ends up being so much easier with a fresh start.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Turn the board upside down, just a flat surface, no maze :D

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a few ways you can bypass the maze altogether. Flip the puzzle over for one. Someone else here said awhile ago that they just jumped into the board and knocked the ball around with stasis, so that seems like an option as well as long as you can get inside.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jadegl: That one was bad but personally I found one that was even worse than that one for me. Almost had me throw my controller in frustration at that one...

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kcin

@mezza said:

There are a few ways you can bypass the maze altogether. Flip the puzzle over for one. Someone else here said awhile ago that they just jumped into the board and knocked the ball around with stasis, so that seems like an option as well as long as you can get inside.

@yesiamaduck said:

There are several motion control shrines, and only one of them has the solution of "flip the board over".

One of them, which requires positioning a maze so that Link can walk through it, actively trolls you for trying to use this method by covering the bottom of the board in spikes as if to say, "Not this time". Several others involve moving balls on platforms completely inaccessible to Link. The worst so far, which is the one where I used the method outlined in the OP, involves moving three separate balls onto three separate buttons on the same board, at the same time. It is maddening, and WILL require this technique, because you are manipulating the platform for a long enough period of time that the controller loses its spatial sync, so to speak.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That only works on some of them. there are some that have switches in the maze that you need to use balls to hit. So that will not work.