OK...so what was Jeff B talking about?

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just finished the game. Relevant to the below: hadn't played the original, and didn't use a guide. Got mostly everything except all seashells and one heart container (I'm assuming the last one is from the dungeon creator which I also didn't finish).

I thought it was a delightful game! Especially the music (and especially when Marin tags along). I thought the very last part (inside the egg) was sort of a let-down but otherwise enjoyed the game thoroughly.

But I'm super confused about what Jeff B was talking about in a recent Beastcast (sorry I don't recall which episode exactly). He was saying there was some part where you had to dig for something and it was impossible to find. Vinny and Dan reacted with "don't know what you're talking about" which sounded like a joke but now that I finished the game...I have the same reaction.

Does anyone know what this was about? Is it part of the game I skipped?

Elite_Jason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess after I went through it recently might be the 5 golden feathers you have to find in order to get to progress, since one or two of them may have been buried and have to use the shovel to find. That was the only thing I could think of.

Avatar image for synthesis_landale
synthesis_landale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It took me a while to get what he was talking about too.

It was just after the 5 feathers. The key you dig up behind the Prince's hut after he moves the box inside his hut. I'm not sure really WHY Jeff had trouble figuring this out. My only guess is he was distracted and didn't see the box move... maybe?

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah good theory about 5 feathers or right after. I feel like I recall the feathers themselves being pretty easy to find, so probably correct about getting the key after turning in the feathers. Especially if he closed the game in between those two steps or something like that...I could imagine the hint system didn't cater to that case.

Avatar image for delrueofdetroit
delrueofdetroit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could be the shell you get from the Walrus by playing Marin's song on the ocarina near the Animal Village.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Jeff was as dumb as I was, then it was the key that the owl statue tells you to dig up by saying "In soil sleeps secrets beneath your soles." which I spent way too long searching for.

GiraffeAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if you talk to Richard again after he tells you to get the feathers, he mentions something about hoping you have a shovel. I don't think you actually need a shovel to get the feathers though, so that might have confused Jeff. I went digging around the castle a lot at first but then realized they weren't buried.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delrueofdetroit: I agree that one is pretty obscure (it's one of the last ones I got, after having the mark on my map from the sensor going off there for ages). But I got the impression Jeff was talking about something required for progression rather than optional.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giraffeattack: Yeah, I remember the same dialogue. I also dug around on basically every square outside the castle before going in. Oh well, didn't take too long fortunately.